Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Turkguy19 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:06 am

Well, thought i would throw my hat into the Pod Racer ring. Figured it was a good contest for me seeming that i am good at building engines and cockpits, but not fuselages. The theme I used for my Pod Racer is one I created. It's called Red Fleet. Basically, just mostly white fighters with red highlights, tail fins, and mostly studless construction. Some of you have been following my construction of this for a few days (most anyone that has been in chat), and, well, with the suggestions and help that I received, the final product has come out better then I could have hoped. So, enough talking, here is the MOC:


OH! By the way, these pics are just quick ones I took here at home. The final pics wont be up until next week sometime, but, I was so proud of it, I wanted to share ;)

Image
Image Image Image Image

a few more random pics can be seen in my set on flickr: CLICK ME!
Last edited by Turkguy19 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
Turkguy19
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 am
Location: Okinawa, Japan

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Heady » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:30 am

Whoa, that is amazing, Turk! Those engines look so sleek, but also detailed. Amazing Work!
I used to be known as H3D1
Heady
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:10 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Big C » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:03 am

The cockpit looks much better than the previous incarnation. Looks more like a podracer cockpit than a ship now. :)

I do hope you're still gonna keep that other design to add to your Red Fleet, though. That was a very cool start to a new fighter or something.
Image
Big C
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:34 am
Location: Between the D and the FW, Texas.

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Joedward » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:41 am

I do think this is an excellent Pod Racer, good enough for the final or even first place.
But I stand by what I said in chat, I still think the pod is too big in relation to the engines, or maybe the engines too small in realtion to the pod.

But whatever. Still one of the best I've seen, ever, when it comes to LEGO Pod Racers. You and Proudlove have set an awesome bench mark for this competition.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:30 am

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby BigBenKenobi » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Great detaling here, especially with the engines. I mean, they just look really powerful and intimidating :) .
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:14 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby roguebantha » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Those engines are awesome! I disagree with Joedward about the size ratios, looks fine to me, but I'm not so sure about to connection from engines to pod. Sometimes simple is better.
roguebantha
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:12 am
Location: London, UK

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby OOM-9 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Nice engines and cables. The colors look good as well. Great job! :)
OOM-9
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:55 pm
Location: In your closet. Go ahead look.

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Turkguy19 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:56 am

H3D1 wrote:Whoa, that is amazing, Turk! Those engines look so sleek, but also detailed. Amazing Work!


Thanks! I am very happy with the engines, and they are actually the only thing that hadn't changed since I heard about the contest.

Big C wrote:The cockpit looks much better than the previous incarnation. Looks more like a podracer cockpit than a ship now.

I do hope you're still gonna keep that other design to add to your Red Fleet, though. That was a very cool start to a new fighter or something.


Yes, I agree, the cockpit does look better, and actually, it has undergone some more changes to hopefully it will look better and more like a racer :D

The previous incarnation kinda died because I needed the parts. Though, I find it funny that while building my cockpit I accidentally built an entirely different MOC :lol:

Joedward wrote:I do think this is an excellent Pod Racer, good enough for the final or even first place.
But I stand by what I said in chat, I still think the pod is too big in relation to the engines, or maybe the engines too small in realtion to the pod.

But whatever. Still one of the best I've seen, ever, when it comes to LEGO Pod Racers. You and Proudlove have set an awesome bench mark for this competition.


Thanks Ed, but, your opinion is one I have to ignore. The size of the cockpit to the engines isn't a factor with Podracers. If I made it any smaller, a minifig would not fit with controls and anything else that makes it look like a cockpit ;)

BigBenKenobi wrote:Great detaling here, especially with the engines. I mean, they just look really powerful and intimidating.


That's kinda what I was going for :lol:

roguebantha wrote:Those engines are awesome! I disagree with Joedward about the size ratios, looks fine to me, but I'm not so sure about to connection from engines to pod. Sometimes simple is better.


At least someone has some sense ;)
But, the cable connection isn't changing, it was one of the ideas I had from the start, and well, I like it.

OOM-9 wrote:Nice engines and cables. The colors look good as well. Great job!


Thanks!


Thanks for all the feedback guys, it's nice to see I built something right for a change!
Turkguy19
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 am
Location: Okinawa, Japan

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Jake » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:39 am

Those engines are indeed much win. However, something I just noticed, is it necessary for both panels to have a cutout for the hose to fit through? Maybe fill one of the gaps? Regardless, it still rocks, and the technique you used for the circular engines wins. Well done.
Image
Jake
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:23 am
Location: England

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Turkguy19 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:43 am

Jake wrote:Those engines are indeed much win. However, something I just noticed, is it necessary for both panels to have a cutout for the hose to fit through? Maybe fill one of the gaps? Regardless, it still rocks, and the technique you used for the circular engines wins. Well done.


To make the hose centered, and actually look good, both need the cutout. With one (I did try this at first) it just doesn't look right.
Turkguy19
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 am
Location: Okinawa, Japan

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Turkguy19 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Bump of this just to let anyone interested, better pictures are up for your viewing pleasure. :D
Turkguy19
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 am
Location: Okinawa, Japan

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby legobatmanbatmobile » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:39 pm

:shock: that looks awesome!! the engines are fantastic!
legobatmanbatmobile
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Jettbacca » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:16 pm

Great choice of colors, and cool engines
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:54 am
Location: Canada

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Blackninjatom » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:28 pm

A very worthy addition to the red fleet. The snot work is very clean, and the cables very original.
Blackninjatom
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:14 pm
Location: VA

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Commander Aero » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Wow! :shock: I really like it. The color scheme is great, but my favourite part are the greebles on the engines.
Commander Aero
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Re: [Pod] Red Fleet Racer

Postby Turkguy19 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys. It's nice knowing my hard work is liked by someone at least :lol:
Turkguy19
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 am
Location: Okinawa, Japan


Return to LEGO MOC Showcase

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests