Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Barnes and Noble 40% Off Toys and Games

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[USA] Barnes and Noble 40% Off Toys and Games

Postby zachatack » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:55 am

Hi gang,

Barnes and Noble has an in-store coupon for 40% off toys and games. The coupon is here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/print_nav.asp?PID=41325&cm_mmc=AFFILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-tWsI2R5jHvk-_-10:1

Yesterday I picked up:
Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator for $41.97 (reg. $70)
Ewok Attack for $14.97 (reg. $25)
Hoth Wampa Set for $23.97 (reg. $40)

You can check online to see what they have in stock before visiting the stores. This is a great deal and the coupon is good until November 24!

~Z.
zachatack

Re: [USA] Barnes and Noble 40% Off Toys and Games

Postby onions » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:55 am

here's our affiliate banner:

onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Bonedaddy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:55 am

Its worth noting that their online catalog looks incomplete, my local B&N stocks the alien conquest sets and more architecture sets than whats listed on the site.
Here's to hoping that they already have some of the new dino sets! :)
Bonedaddy

Postby earl9371 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:49 am

Here's something I've never been clear about with B&N. Whenever I've tried to use a coupon like this, they always ask for my e-mail address. I've never paid to join their membership thing and they act like that's an issue when I try to use these. My e-mail address is associated with a kids club account that was established for my son, and for whatever reason it typically causes teeth gnashing and the like. How does this work?
earl9371

Postby itchybreath » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:01 pm

Earl, you just bring in a printed copy of the coupon.
Since it's limit one item per customer per visit, I brought two coupons and my brother and left the store with 4841 Hogwarts Express and a Boba Fett alarm clock.

The selection isn't so bad: SW, HP, PotC, Alien conquest, City, Castle and even architecture. I think getting 40% off a Robie House might be the best chance to get that set discounted, from 200 down to 120.

I'll be visiting a different location soon, to double check what sets are available. Might just finally pick up those two SW books with the Luke and Han mfs.
itchybreath

Postby bssybeep » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Thank you op for the heads-up on this coupon.

I am just starting up my Lego collection again and this coupon was a big help.

My friendly B&N girl accepted the coupon(s) for 2504 (Dojo), 7957 (sith speeder), 8088 (arc fighter), and 2507 Fire Temple.

thanks again
bssybeep

Postby two_sons_squadron » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:41 pm

I just got back with my wife from my nearest BN.

I picked up Kingdom Castle for $60 and Ninjango board game for $18. Will be headed back for more for sure. As an added bonus, I was a borders plus member (and if you are a bn member) you get an extra 10%. That's %50 off.

Headed out tomorrow to get the fire temple for a cool $60 tomorrow night for son's Christmas present.
two_sons_squadron

Postby brownie69yov4 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Picked up a geonosian fighter for $17 and some change- wasn't overly excited for this set haha- but wanted the figs, and for the price, the ship isn't all that bad-

I wanted to pull the trigger on the Republic Frigate which would have come to $67 with both the coupon discount and my B&N member's additional 10% off...which I didn't even know I had...My only concern is that the coupon becomes linked with your account once you use it, and therefore cannot use it again... any truth in this? or am I just paranoid? :) Borders let me use coupon after coupon, so I would assume its the same- I am going to check a couple other locations and see what they have

P.s has any one spotted the star wars advent calender at B&N by any chance?
brownie69yov4

Postby Tyrant » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:58 pm

brownie69yov4 wrote:Picked up a geonosian fighter for $17 and some change- wasn't overly excited for this set haha- but wanted the figs, and for the price, the ship isn't all that bad-

I wanted to pull the trigger on the Republic Frigate which would have come to $67 with both the coupon discount and my B&N member's additional 10% off...which I didn't even know I had...My only concern is that the coupon becomes linked with your account once you use it, and therefore cannot use it again... any truth in this? or am I just paranoid? :) Borders let me use coupon after coupon, so I would assume its the same- I am going to check a couple other locations and see what they have

P.s has any one spotted the star wars advent calender at B&N by any chance?

I didn't have any problem using the same coupon at two different locations a few weeks ago when there was a similar coupon.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby IMPERIAL FLEET » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:11 am

Picked up a Hoth Wampa Cave for 23 bucks with this coupon today. Not too shabby!
IMPERIAL FLEET

Postby yoshix » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:51 am

I got the geonosian fighter last night to try it out. Im thinking about going back today to get the Republic Frigate, for that price, 40% is a big deal when it comes to lego
yoshix

Postby zachatack » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:44 am

Yeah!!!! I think I have to go back out and get some more. I mean, 40% is 40%!
zachatack

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:23 am

They weren't too helpful at the local B&N. All I could find was a lone Sith Speeder (yawn) and was told they were out of SW Lego except for watches. Then I nosed around and found a huge display of just SW Lego a few aisles down out of the way. I ended up getting the Sith Infiltrator for about $37. They had a bit of difficulty stacking the borders reward 10% with the coupon--probably because there weren't any borders in this area. They had to run the 10% discount first, then the 40% off coupon which makes the discount slightly greater than the other way around.

I'd like to go back and pick up another item but since they had such an issue at the register the first time around, they'll probably remember me. Such a great deal, especially since they don't have the borders markup.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Morgan19 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:02 am

Mandalorian Candidat wrote:They had a bit of difficulty stacking the borders reward 10% with the coupon--probably because there weren't any borders in this area.

Wait, what? B&N takes some sort of Borders discount now?

m19
Morgan19

Postby DarthMC » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Morgan19 wrote:
Mandalorian Candidat wrote:They had a bit of difficulty stacking the borders reward 10% with the coupon--probably because there weren't any borders in this area.

Wait, what? B&N takes some sort of Borders discount now?

m19

They have obtained Borders rewards membership lists. I got an email from B&N last week which had a link to get a free membership until the end of Jan.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Mandalorian Candidat wrote:They had to run the 10% discount first, then the 40% off coupon which makes the discount slightly greater than the other way around.

Odd, it should be exactly the same, no matter which order they are applied. Unless there is some kind of wierd rounding issue in there somewhere.
Mister Ed

Postby brownie69yov4 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Mister Ed wrote:
Mandalorian Candidat wrote:They had to run the 10% discount first, then the 40% off coupon which makes the discount slightly greater than the other way around.

Odd, it should be exactly the same, no matter which order they are applied. Unless there is some kind of wierd rounding issue in there somewhere.

ha- I thought there was a particular order to do them in too, but I tried the calculations doing either or, and they are always the same-

Weird though...I went and picked up another Battle of Naboo, but the guy said my member's discount didn't stack, even though the 2 other times i used it did- I didn't feel like fighting over $1.50ish so I let it slide- but when I go for the Frigate on Friday... I'm going to make sure it does then... So just a heads up
brownie69yov4

Postby renesisx » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:58 pm

I hadn't even noticed that e-mail from B&N about Borders Reward. Thanks so much guys. That's what I love about this site.

I'll be down there on Friday morning helping myself to a couple of big items. Then off to the next B&N to do the same!
renesisx

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Mister Ed wrote:

Right after I posted this, I realized that it wasn't correct. The kicker is I have a math problem similar to this on one of the finals I'm giving next week. No wonder I didn't get that professor job at Harvard. :facepalm:
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby brownie69yov4 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:49 pm

hey guys- so the 50% off one educational toy starts today..and I'm looking at the email, and its good online, but i'm not seeing any code... and I added a set to my cart and no discount... any ideas here? am I missing something?
brownie69yov4

Next

Return to Finds/Deals