Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

BOGO 50% TRU Sale

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

BOGO 50% TRU Sale

Postby Staff » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:43 am

LEGO

There's some sort of strange online-only BOGO 50% off sale at TRU right now for some LEGO sets. It also includes some Star Wars. And the discount stacks on top of the already existing sale price. For instance, 7879 Hoth Echo Base's MSRP is $89.99. TRU price is $94.99 but it's currently on sale for $84.99, five bucks cheaper than MSRP. It qualifies for the BOGO deal. 7962 Anakin's and Sebulba’s Podracers is the same story, $84.99. Add both to your cart, or two of one, and you can walk away with them for only $127.48. You'll score free shipping or you can do a store pickup on the item. You can browse all their LEGO; items that qualify will have the BOGO offer in red below the item name. I have no idea when it expires but it's not a bad sale for some sets.

This is way better than the virtual Brick Friday deal at Shop@Home happening today, unless you're jonesing for some polybags and/or Shadow ARF Troopers.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/11/18/bogo-50-tru-sale/
Staff

Re: BOGO 50% TRU Sale

Postby starfire2 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:46 am

Don't forget about the Holiday 2/2 set! You just won't get the holiday pick a brick box. I am going to wait until black friday!
starfire2

Postby CloneEmperor » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:55 am

I've heard a rumor that you can save $15 off an order of $100 when you use the code HOLIDAY2011. Hope that helps someone out there!
CloneEmperor

Postby Brainslugged » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:36 am

CloneEmperor wrote:I've heard a rumor that you can save $15 off an order of $100 when you use the code HOLIDAY2011. Hope that helps someone out there!

That code doesn't seem to work. Just as well as I just put in a $100 order to get Christmas set 2. The free stormtrooper guy seems to have vanished too even though I had the FBTB code in.I think maybe you just can't get the Christmas set with any other offer.
Brainslugged

Postby goodlord » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:22 am

Most of the big sets are available and qualify for BOGO - Death Star, Super Star Destroyer, Drop Ship, Shuttle - all qualify. Out of my price range but good shopping for those who can afford them.
goodlord

Postby goodlord » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:24 am

Nevermind ... I wasn't reading it clearly. They are not in stock. They are just listed to cruelly tease us.
goodlord

Postby Brainslugged » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:52 am

Brainslugged wrote:That code doesn't seem to work.

Sorry - code does work for Toys R Us. My fault with hijacking a TRU thread with talk of the Lego website.
Brainslugged

Postby norco kid » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Grrr..! All the good stuff is OOS!! Anyone know how long it takes for TRU to restock? And how long will the BOGO last? I want the creator buildings...
norco kid

Postby earl9371 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:46 pm

I get so hacked off at this outfit so often - I saw the BOGO deal and went online to see if I could get two Imperial Shuttles for myself and my nephew for Christmas. The page for the item clearly states - limit 2 items per customer. When I go to do the BOGO however it will only let me order one. I called customer service and they said it was their mistake - but too bad. Only one per customer. I find myself increasingly more disappointed with TRU than I do happy in my dealings with them.
earl9371

Postby bobalego » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:13 pm

I agree, I tried almost every one of the sets that there is a limit of 2. Naturally, when you check out, oops! Can't order two!!! ToysRUs lawsuit? Bet there is small print hidden in plain site, that the Bogo only works on the sets no one really wants...Echo base? Minifigures are the only reason to buy this stinker of a set...
bobalego

Postby Brainslugged » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:55 pm

bobalego wrote:I tried almost every one of the sets that there is a limit of 2

Well every set I want there's a limit of zero. Getting the Death Star with Super Star Destroyer would be a great deal, as would a pair of modular houses, but these are all "no delivery" and "no store pick up". Not quite sure how it's possible to get hold of these.
Brainslugged

Postby JamesBenjamin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:29 am

Just got an email from TRU for a new "BOGO 50%" sale, excluding star wars. Today and tomorrow only. Didn't want to post a new thread, as the deals keep popping up every other day it seems.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby Bonedaddy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:01 am

JamesBenjamin wrote:Just got an email from TRU for a new "BOGO 50%" sale, excluding star wars. Today and tomorrow only. Didn't want to post a new thread, as the deals keep popping up every other day it seems.

I got the same email but it says that the sale is Tuesday and Wednesday. I didn't see any details about if it was in store or online only. I hope its not online only, their inventory still looks limited due to the previous sale.
BOGO 50% off is always a nice deal but just be aware of the holiday TRU markup, combine with the normal TRU tax and some sets are stupidly overpriced compared to MSRP.
Happy hunting!
Bonedaddy

Postby MShiels » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:17 am

The Tue/Wed makes more sense I hope, since nothing is marked online for BOGO!!
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby King » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:20 am

I noticed that the ad clearly says "regular priced" sets as well. (Had an issue recently with an on sale set BOGO where I only got half off the full price of the 2nd set at TRU) Not sure that I have noticed that before.

King
FBTB member before 9/1/11? You get 3% off everything in my Bricklink store. Just PM me on FBTB before you order and note it on your BL order.
King

Postby Brainslugged » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:38 am

King wrote:I noticed that the ad clearly says "regular priced" sets as well. (Had an issue recently with an on sale set BOGO where I only got half off the full price of the 2nd set at TRU) Not sure that I have noticed that before.

King

A couple of weeks ago I bought two red cargo trains during the BOGO offer. At the time the train was reduced from $160 retail (no TRU mark-up!) to $130. The store at first seemed to be charging me too much for the half-priced one, but amended it to half of $130 when I pointed it out. The train has now been reduced further to $120, so this makes a fantastic BOGO deal - especially if the $15 off coupon is still working (HOLIDAY2011). That'd give you two trains for $165, when one will set you back $160 at Lego. Never had a train before, but having this huge double-length one is awesome and I felt like I got a great deal at $195 for the two of them.
Brainslugged

Postby renesisx » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Sadly they fixed it some time last night - I managed to put one of the Pharoh sets that had 33% off retail into my cart and added another item to get the BOGO50% offer. After a huge effort I managed to check out - it really didn't want to let me as at some point during checkout they'd removed the BOGO50% from the Pharoh set.

The lesson I've found is - always be SUPER quick with these TRU offers. They almost always screw something up when the offer first goes live then fix it soon afterwards.
renesisx

Postby MShiels » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:37 pm

Last night they actually allowed multiple 1/2 price items - so you could do up to '3' full price and '3' 1/2 price if you could put together the combination, great with free shipping to get the smaller items!!! Sad they fixed it by morning too!!
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby russjnco » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:35 am

The Bogo 50 is back on again tonight starting at 9 est for all regular priced sets, excluding mindstorms and Star Wars of course. I guess that would exclude all of their marked up construction sets since they are not regularly priced ;)
russjnco

Postby DarthMC » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:55 am

Was at TRU this morning to get one of the Black Friday hexbug sets for my daughter and passed by the LEGO polybag display container and saw the HP and SW polybags but some yellow bags caught my eye. To my surprise there was a complete set of the four Bricktober magnets which ring up for one cent each. Can't believe they lasted that long without someone getting them so other stores may still have them.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Return to Finds/Deals