Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Poll ended at Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:05 am

ImageImageImageVet Steele and the Avid Steele
54
52%
ImageImageImageRenzo Omalac Greebuz Thee'budan and the S'iv
49
48%
 
Total votes : 103

Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby onions » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:05 am

This is Bracket 4 of the Elite Eight. You have three days to vote. Good luck!
onions
Damp Noodle
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby xiei22 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:57 am

unbelieveble difficult in choosing here!!!
xiei22
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Italy

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby volumex » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:44 am

Star Wars? :(
volumex
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby Walter Boy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:20 am

xiei22 wrote:unbelieveble difficult in choosing here!!!


Ditto! This has to be one of the hardest choices yet!
Image
Walter Boy
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby zhouston » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:35 am

volumex wrote:Star Wars? :(


??
zhouston
David
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby Legohaulic » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:47 am

??[/quote]

I think some people are only voting for ones that they think fit within the Star Wars look established by the original trilogy. Its a shame since there are so many bizarre "non-Star Wars" looking ships in the prequels and extended universe.

This is a hard choice and my entry is one of them.
Legohaulic
Best ASS
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:20 pm

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby madLEGOman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 am

volumex wrote:Star Wars? :(

you might wanna youtube captain eo, it might change your opinion

that said, two fantastic ships here
madLEGOman
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: San Luis Obispo california

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby onions » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:19 am

volumex wrote:Star Wars? :(



i'm not sure what you mean here either. there was nothing in the rules that said the ship had to look like "star warsy".
onions
Damp Noodle
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby volumex » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Just bring my comment up to speed, Which one would best fit into the Star Wars Universe and would survive the battle... ;)
That said, only one can advance! Good Luck to you both, this is a tough call......mmm. Will leave this for another day and think about it.
volumex
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby JD4M » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:01 pm

volumex wrote:Just bring my comment up to speed, Which one would best fit into the Star Wars Universe and would survive the battle... ;)
That said, only one can advance! Good Luck to you both, this is a tough call......mmm. Will leave this for another day and think about it.

Neither are super Star Warsy (TRON vs Aliens (if Aliens piloted ships :p)) but both are super cool, each vote depends on each voters personal criteria and the contest's criteria. Good luck, you're gonna need it
JD4M
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby Stardusty » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:55 am

Awesome Angles vs. Super Smoothness

Avid Steele wins tis one for me. I love the angles.
Stardusty
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:30 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby VHPFAU » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:14 am

onions wrote:
volumex wrote:Star Wars? :(



i'm not sure what you mean here either. there was nothing in the rules that said the ship had to look like "star warsy".

dear onions, there was nothing that said the ship had to look like star warsy... except of course this is "From bricks to BOTHANS", a lego/SW site, and i am pretty sure the contest involve a STARWARS BOUNTY HUNTER...its like you make a contest for the design of a beach house, and i deliver you the most perfect and beautifully designed mountain lodge...
VHPFAU
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:39 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby zhouston » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:51 am

VHPFAU wrote:...its like you make a contest for the design of a beach house, and i deliver you the most perfect and beautifully designed mountain lodge...


I actually live in the mountains and I think my house would hold up fairly well on the beach ;)
zhouston
David
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby VHPFAU » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:55 pm

zhouston wrote:
VHPFAU wrote:...its like you make a contest for the design of a beach house, and i deliver you the most perfect and beautifully designed mountain lodge...


I actually live in the mountains and I think my house would hold up fairly well on the beach ;)


ha ha ha, nice one...but the point is, this is a contest, and i don't know if you will put your money on an architect who believes sun and sand are equals to rocks and snow, if you know what i mean...
VHPFAU
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:39 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:10 am

Well Done guys, a close battle fought... , it seems 'Steele' is a tough metal! :)
The battle continues....
volumex
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby Fat Tony » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:57 am

Congrats Legohaulic, I knew the Avid Steele was trouble the moment I saw it :D Best of luck to you in the next round, I'll be cheering for you.


volumex wrote:Star Wars? :(

My entry last year couldn't have been more "Star Wars" and it didn't make it as far as this year's entry: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4560
Besides, it's a big galaxy, full of infinite possibilities.
Fat Tony
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: The New World

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby Walter Boy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:21 am

Two amazing ships with diverse and different styles. Both of you should be proud. :)
Image
Walter Boy
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby Legohaulic » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:33 am

I knew this would be close. I just hate seeing the S'iv not making it to at least the final 3. Tony, you ship was my favorite in the contest. I'm glad I'm moving on, but I really hate seeing you get knocked out. :'(
Legohaulic
Best ASS
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:20 pm

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:53 am

Fat Tony wrote:Congrats Legohaulic, I knew the Avid Steele was trouble the moment I saw it :D Best of luck to you in the next round, I'll be cheering for you.


volumex wrote:Star Wars? :(

My entry last year couldn't have been more "Star Wars" and it didn't make it as far as this year's entry: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4560
Besides, it's a big galaxy, full of infinite possibilities.


You just never know how the cookie will crumble...? Well Played, you had a serious contender made of "Steele" ;) !
I hope to see your creation in the next contest? (Wheels of Justice)
volumex
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Elite Eight - Bracket 4

Postby Fat Tony » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:14 am

Legohaulic wrote:I knew this would be close. I just hate seeing the S'iv not making it to at least the final 3. Tony, you ship was my favorite in the contest. I'm glad I'm moving on, but I really hate seeing you get knocked out. :'(


Thanks so much! I'm just honored to have gone up against the Legendary Legohaulic and only lost by 5 votes!
Thanks everybody who voted for me and a big thanks to the FBTB staff that made this contest possible!
Fat Tony
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: The New World

Next

Return to Contests & Community Builds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests