Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Sweet Sixteen - Bracket 2

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Poll ended at Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:37 am

ImageImageImagePhoenix Darkdirk and the Retribution
38%
ImageImageImageJostra Morricone and the BAS-e1
63%

Total votes : 96

Postby onions » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:37 am

This is Bracket 2 of the Sweet Sixteen round. You have 3 days to vote. Good luck!
onions
Damp Noodle

Re: Sweet Sixteen - Bracket 2

Postby SuperDave » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:23 am

Tough call! Great work, both of you.
SuperDave

Postby pastormacman » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words.

My ship (the Retribution) has a more straight forward LEGO design to it. However, xiei22's ship the BAS-e1 is a lot smoother with his use of SNOT, and his bounty hunter is way cool as well. I also love his use of the rare light blue, wish I had more of those.

In comparison, I wanted to make a ship that looked like TLG made it. I was going off of their Tantive IV and Republic Frigate models. Those are great looking ships that look like their Star Wars counterparts but still look distinctively LEGO. I also wanted to try to make a ship that had a functional logic to it. You can see where the character enters and can move about inside the ship. That's one of the reasons I'm so impressed with the Good Intentions. Mr.Voltron knocked it out of the park with the interior of that ship.

All in all, I'm pleasantly surprised to have made it this far. Good luck xiei22 I really like your design and build. And good luck to everyone else as well. Thanks to everyone who gave me their vote.
pastormacman

Postby xiei22 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:54 am

XD the thing that makes me smile about your post is that you call rare the light blue:
i have a lot of light blue bricks due to my young builder age of a lot of years ago...instead i have VEEEEERY few dark blue brick!
And you used a lot of them! :lol:

For me to: I'm pleasantly surprised to have made it this far,
but i'm really happy to be some-kind-of-VS you: i think our two ship are really similar, both in quality and color.
Are they good in quality and in color? I hope yes!!!!! XD

Ah yes, last but not least, your work on the interior of the ship is really something: the Retribution show a lot of good stuff, like lot of cage and lot of space. You hit your goal VVVVVEEEERY well! In my opinion,is really hard to build big both inside and outside a ship, and same is for quality...be proud of you!
Well done Mr pastormacman!

and good look!
xiei22

Postby volumex » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:23 pm

You are a good player... and worthy bounty, your destiny belong in the next round!
volumex

Postby pastormacman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Congratulations xiei22! Nice ship and a great bounty hunter. It was fun.
pastormacman

Return to Contests & Community Builds