Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Toy Story Short 'Small Fry'

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

New Toy Story Short 'Small Fry'

Postby Staff » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:31 pm

There's a new Toy Story short written and directed by Angus "CubeDude" MacLane called Small Fry. It's set to debut in front of The Muppets hitting theaters on November 23rd.

Says Angus:

"It's like the Prince and the Pauper tale for toys," says writer/director Angus MacLane. "Except one of them happens to be 3 inches tall."

You can read a write up at USA Today for more information.

Thanks to Anonymous Tipster for the heads up.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/11/14/new-toy-story-short-small-fry/
Staff

Re: New Toy Story Short 'Small Fry'

Postby doodlebird » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

ha. looks great, as i've come to expect from pixar. i've been looking forward to taking the kids to the muppet movie. might leave the youngest one at home, just to make sure i get to enjoy it myself. :)
doodlebird

Postby sparkart » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:18 am

Instant "ha-ha!" when the T-bone transformed! And that's MacLane's voice?

It's amazing that each Toy Story release is better than the last. Movie franchises have their peaks and valleys, you know, like The Matris - the first was great, then it went downhill from there, or Star Wars (Original Trilogy), it peaked with Empire.

With Toy Story, I enjoyed each movie more than the last, and wonder where it's going to peak. With this short, it's a given that it's going to be entertaining and funny, but could this be another profound story, perhaps a partial allegory for the class struggle in Uh-merica with the "Occupy Movement"?

I had zero interest in seeing the Muppets, but now I'm thinking I might have to add it to my Thanksgiving agenda. Tell me there's a Lego Easter Egg to look for, like MacLane's Chibi AT-AT in the background.
sparkart

Postby GrayMattR » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:34 pm

I only know Angus for his Cube Dude work - who knew he directed real Hollywood stuff? Some people have too much talent. ;)
GrayMattR

Postby volumex » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:04 am

T-Bone might just steal the show... wonder how much mileage you could get out of him :lol:
volumex

Return to Licensed Themes