Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

AC/DC theme

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

AC/DC theme

Postby donneyboy » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Hey, if Lego ever produced a AC/DC theme would you buy it? I would, since I am a big fan of them.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Re: AC/DC theme

Postby Turkguy19 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:07 pm

No, because it would be the DUMBEST theme ever.
Turkguy19

Postby Firespray » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:07 pm

I don't even know what to say except how in the hell would that one work?
Firespray

Postby thepatient » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:43 pm

If it was the line-up with Bon Scott then yes- With Brian Johnson-not so much.
<O> <O>
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Winston Churchill
thepatient

Postby meeotch » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:47 pm

Worst. Idea. Evar.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby BigBenKenobi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:54 pm

donneyboy wrote:Hey, if Lego ever produced a AC/DC theme would you buy it? I would, since I am a big fan of them.

Ummm...what? I'm kinda confused with your logic behind this highly unlikely scenario. In fact, a scenario that would never happen. And by the way, NO.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Masta' Bo » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:16 pm

Well, ignoring what the others said, I would say to you this: think it through. I mean, would LEGO go so far to buy a license from this elusive band? Probably not. I don't think at ton of AC/DC fans are really into LEGO.

Next time you post, ask something like, will LEGO ever produce a band-(or Rock band)theme? If you think so, or hope so, suggest possible sets to avoid getting your thread trashed by angry people.

Just my opinion. ;)
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby donneyboy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:21 am

thepatient wrote:If it was the line-up with Bon Scott then yes- With Brian Johnson-not so much.

I would buy it with Bon Scott, since he was the greatest front man ever. Bon Scott is a man and a half!
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby darth jason » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:05 am

Oi! I bought a kubrix Sid Vicious figure that sits on my desk i have him posed kicking an english pound coin w/the head(QE2) showing out so it looks like his kicking her in the head. So yea i guess so. I'd want a Bon Scott figure. Hell they could do a whole rock series, im much more into punk myself but old ac/dc is so Oi its not even funny. Meat and potato's band you know.

Its an interesting though you could make them like little vignettes, you could do the stones and Zepplin.

i think that sounds kinda cool i just wonder how or where they could market these. Lego's pop up in the wierdest places over where i work at Goggle some folks have(believe me im trying to score one) these really groovy lego calanders.

I think this is an interesting idea

J
darth jason

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:36 pm

I hate to be an echo, but seriously, did you actually think this through. Buying the rights to any band is going to be expensive. In order to make profitable, LEGO would have to sell more sets than if they just released a generic band theme. Wouldn't it make more sense if LEGO released a generic band set that you could pretend (or modify) was your favorite band?

There are literally thousands of bands, and for almost every one of them exists people who claim that the band is their favorite. While some bands are more popular than others, that still adds up to be a lot of popular bands. If you make a AC/DC set, then you need to make Led Zepplin, then the Beatles, then Elvis, then the next thing you know, you're getting the Jonas Brothers (and nobody wants that (except for Joe, he wants that)). Have I made my point, or do I need to bring up Hanson? Let's hope for everyone's sake that I have.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby darth jason » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Well Todd Macfarlen has put out music figures, quite a few runs of them i have the Beatles myself(the sgt pepper ones,1st series, including the special bonus figure). I had bought a jerry garcia a while ago for an old"dead head" friend of mine. Those beatles were popular enough to make a 2nd series.

Maybe its not such a bad idea. Ive seen kubrick band figures. like Limp bizkit and kiss, then again kiss has their lable on everything ala Krusty the Clown. Presenting Kiss cough syrup, Kiss home pregnancy test, kiss lego set...Eh why not?

I dont see it ever happening but as far as ideas go i think its decent, i know of several bands off hand that i would totally buy if i knew they were available
darth jason

Postby 11Numb » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:39 pm

...Nien. Just nien. I don't really think AC/DC target audience=Lego's target audience. Besides, there are waaaay better bands that Lego would be more likely to pick up (nothin' personal, but I'm not exactly a fan of AC/DC...)
11Numb

Postby onions » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:25 pm

i'm locking this thread. it's pointless cause we all know how likely a LEGO AC/DC theme would pan out. if you want to continue talking about AC/DC as a band, might i suggest the BCS 2.0?
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to Licensed Themes