Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2011 Tournament Underway: Group Pool Play

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

MOC Madness 2011 Tournament Underway: Group Pool Play

Postby Staff » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:32 pm

FBTB MOC Madness 2011 Building Tournament Board

The above graphic represents our tournament board. We'll up updating the graphic and uploading it into the site's flickr stream after every round. With the submission window now closed, the FBTB MOC Madness 2011 Tournament sees a grand total of 92 entries. It was kind of exciting watching the last couple of entries pouring in the past two days. We've now entered the group pool play round of the tournament. All the bounty hunters have been randomly split into 4 pools of 23 and are waiting for your votes. The top 8 from each pool will advance to the Round of 32. Voting starts today and ends on November 8. Check out the regional pools:

Good luck to all!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/11/01/moc-madness-2011-tournament-underway-group-pool-play/
Staff

Re: MOC Madness 2011 Tournament Underway: Group Pool Play

Postby JD4M » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Great turnout. Good luck all.
JD4M

Postby Si-Mocs » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Wow... is anyone else finding it REALLY hard to choose just 6?
Si-Mocs

Postby Lazerblade » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:43 pm

This is getting me excited. :D
Lazerblade

Postby cas » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm going to take my time with voting. I looked through everything over the past couple of days and I'm stuck. The choices are insane.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby paulhastings0 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Wow, some awesome choices here. it's going to be crazy hard deciding.

I just joined today, but I don't seem to see poll for anything though. All I see is this: http://screencast.com/t/USCKWpQa7t

Am I missing an important link or something?
paulhastings0

Postby VHPFAU » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:35 pm

its really hard to vote.. i´m going to the ones who really looks like a Star Wars BH ship...there´s some excellent ships, with outstanding use of Lego techniques, but they doesn't quite look, or feel like a SW Bh ship...decisions decisions decisions...
and yes, its kind a hard to pick just 6 of them...very good job to everyone and good luck
VHPFAU

Postby hansok49 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Wow the Ryloth regional is stacked with some of the best someone from that pool is going to screwed while having one of the best pool. The one's I feel should be in the top ten are all in that pool. I guess that's what a random number generator will do to you sometimes. This was a great turn out though so many quality entries very hard to choose.
hansok49

Postby madLEGOman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Almost felt like christmas watching all the great entries coming in over the past week. Really amazing turnout both in quantity and quality.

Probably a stupid question, but does anybody know how 3rd place is determined in a bracket system? 3rd highest vote count from the top 4?
madLEGOman

Postby onions » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:55 pm

from the final four, the top two winners vie for 1st and 2nd. the losers vie for 3rd.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby madLEGOman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:59 pm

thanks onions, makes sense. i'm sure it's apparent by now i'm not much of a sports guy =)
madLEGOman

Postby volumex » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:29 pm

... okay, just arrived on the site, its 7.30am aND I'M LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE.... I wish everybody all of the best, this is going to be tough choosing ;)
volumex

Postby Aleegeeoo76 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:00 am

Good luck to everyone, this builds are out of this world would not like to be in the judges seats for this one! What a great turn out!!
Aleegeeoo76

Postby naugem » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:06 am

Wow, that was hard! Too many great entries.
I wasn't around for last year's contest, but I've browsed through that thread.
Is it just me, or has the level of competition really gone up this year?
naugem

Postby Walter Boy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:13 am

It wasn't as hard to choose as I thought, although it still took some time. So many awesome entries! :)
Walter Boy

Postby closetlegofan1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:14 am

Voting for round 1 done. This will get uglier than the GOP race!
closetlegofan1

Postby Adrian Industries » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:12 am

Um, it only let me vote for 4, not 6. Whats up?
Adrian Industries

Postby Veynom » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:21 am

For this first round, I have simply voted for the "best looking Star Wars ships" but for the next round, I will purposely not vote for ships that use a box or a tank as a prison. This is definitively not Star Wars (and no, Han Solo in the carbon freezing solution was more an axception than the rule). In SW, you see or get references of a lot of detention cells, both on large structures (Death Star, palaces like Jabba's, Imperial prisons...) or ships (ISD, Slave I...). I sadly consider the use of tanks for prison as a workaround or a bypass to the rule.

But this is my humble personal opinion and I still wish the very best to each participant. :)
--
Veynom
*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
My MOC Page - http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/68257
Star Wars Combine Online Game - http://www.swcombine.com
Veynom

Postby ted @ndes » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Veynom wrote:For this first round, I have simply voted for the "best looking Star Wars ships" but for the next round, I will purposely not vote for ships that use a box or a tank as a prison. This is definitively not Star Wars (and no, Han Solo in the carbon freezing solution was more an axception than the rule). In SW, you see or get references of a lot of detention cells, both on large structures (Death Star, palaces like Jabba's, Imperial prisons...) or ships (ISD, Slave I...). I sadly consider the use of tanks for prison as a workaround or a bypass to the rule.

But this is my humble personal opinion and I still wish the very best to each participant. :)

Kolto tanks are a Star Wars technology, and definitely valid for containment in my book. It's not like that technology didn't even exist at all in that universe. Bounty hunters may have to use excessive force too, so it would only make sense they would need kolto tanks to keep the bounty alive long enough to collect... or administer sedative (bounty hunters also tend to be lone wolves, so they could also use it themselves to heal up). It is a great multi-purpose containment system. Also, it's not like bounty hunters follow rules of convention, or at least the successful ones...

It also depends on how narrow your personal Star Wars universe is, since kolto tanks were definitely used for prisoner containment in Knights of the Old Republic. They also used cylindrical force fields as prisoner detainment cells too.

In the context of this contest, I do agree with tank usage influencing voting... but based on if it was implemented well versus just a "lazy solution"... (I actually have more of an issue with cramped cubby holes for containment).

... with that said, I won't likely be voting for any bounty hunters with light sabers, for obvious reasons :roll: ...
ted @ndes
Alpha Male

Postby Veynom » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:58 am

ted @ndes wrote:It also depends on how narrow your personal Star Wars universe is, ...
... with that said, I won't likely be voting for any bounty hunters with light sabers, for obvious reasons :roll: ...

Being the Sim Mastert of the Star Wars Combine online simulation game since 2000 (shameless ads: http://www.swcombine.com), I think I know more than a bit about Star Wars and for your information, Kolto tanks are the inferior healing agent of Bacta so putting men in tanks was designed to heal them, not to emprison them. :-p
Besides, it makes only minor appearances in SW materials (mainly KOTOR).

And FYI, there are more obvious examples of bounty hunters with lightsaber, Aura Sin to start with. XD
Last edited by Veynom on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
Veynom
*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
My MOC Page - http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/68257
Star Wars Combine Online Game - http://www.swcombine.com
Veynom

Next

Return to Contests & Community Builds