Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Official Hi-Res Picture of 6860 The Batcave

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Official Hi-Res Picture of 6860 The Batcave

Postby Staff » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:12 pm

6860 The Batcave High Res.

I'm happy to present to you a hi-res version of 6860 The Batcave set that debuted yesterday at New York Comic Con. Sorry, just this one picture for now but staff reporter Rick is attending the con and will be providing more pictures later today.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/10/14/official-hi-res-picture-of-6860-the-batcave/
Staff

Re: Official Hi-Res Picture of 6860 The Batcave

Postby onions » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:30 pm

pretty disappointing, but then again i'm not sure exactly what i was hoping for.

figs are nice. i think i read somewhere that it will also include bruce wayne and he "transforms" into batman. i guess you drop him in where the trap door is .
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby gotham*seven » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:45 pm

Im not sure what to make of this. It does look like lego have done a good job with making this look more 'comicy' than the original bat cave. But It doesn't look like a lot of lego for a reported $129. I had high hope with this and ultimately it does not live up to the expectation of the last bat cave. Hit and miss on this one.... :facepalm:
gotham*seven

Postby etcknight » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Personally, I like the original Lego Batcave better. I do like the "throw back" red phone though. Very 70's. :)
etcknight

Postby onions » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:55 pm

gotham*seven wrote:Im not sure what to make of this. It does look like lego have done a good job with making this look more 'comicy' than the original bat cave. But It doesn't look like a lot of lego for a reported $129. I had high hope with this and ultimately it does not live up to the expectation of the last bat cave. Hit and miss on this one.... :facepalm:

that 129 price tag was in australian dollars. unless you're actually from australia. in which case that would be the correct price.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 pm

It looks like a real Stickerpalooza. I guess that's to be expected.
Mister Ed

Postby Pellaeon » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:15 pm

I rather like it. I dig the color scheme, and it's got lots of cute touches. The vehicles are junk, but the figures are nice.

I'm hope they have the Riddler figure on display at NYCC, he's the character in most need of a makeover from the first line.
Pellaeon

Postby agrahmann » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:53 pm

It looks like it was designed by the same person who designed the latest Hoth set.
agrahmann

Postby volumex » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:30 pm

This is not great, the piece count is low, and it lacks something... not super hero enough. :(
volumex

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:11 pm

It's got a nice classic look, reminds me a lot of 60's style comics and the old Batman TV show. That said, it doesn't appear to be a very enticing set.
agrahmann wrote:It looks like it was designed by the same person who designed the latest Hoth set.

My thoughts exactly.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Sorry to say that this wasn't up for display at the DC booth yet. It was hard enough to get the people running the booth to get the minifigures out. Batman and Green Lantern were given out today, and Superman is supposedly tomorrow. I'll be at NYCC the rest of the weekend, so I'll report things as they appear. Nothing yet though. All they had on display were Arkham City merchandise and DC figurines. No LEGO at all until the employee whipped out the big cardboard box labeled "LEGO Batman," at which point he was swarmed by a small mob. It took two trips through the line just to get one of each minifigure.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:30 am

Passing on this, although some of the design elements are cool, figs too. I agree that it looks like the same designer for the new Hoth set. LEGO needs to go ahead and make a 60s Batmobile. If they do a decent job on that, my response will be "Shut up and take my money!"
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Marty » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Not to put too fine a point on it, but what where they thinking!
This is.... pretty lame, at best. The least they "Lego" could have done was re-released the older bat cave set with the car, but this is bad.
I really had high hopes for this theme, but after seeing whats on offer with Batman 2012, they need to go back to the drawing board.
I can't believe this, there are better customs out there than this, surely the Lego designers could even have made a revamp of the cave that's better than this?

I have also seen the car that is part of this new series, honestly it's makes you want to cry!

I'm sorry if I'm bagging something that has yet to prove it's self, but I had most of the original series, and you have to agree they where brilliant sets, these however don't even come close, apart from the batwing (it's the same build)?
Shame Lego, shame.
Bring back the older sets.
If you want I'll even post a pic of a bat mobile I made out of a few sets, and even it's better, and that's saying something!
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5225904
I for one, will buy it for pieces, nothing more, other than that, kids will probably buy it for the figures.
I'm very disappointed.
Last edited by Marty on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marty

Postby batsamd » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:14 pm

I was going to complain that Batman had no musculature printed on his torso until I saw the pics from NYCC, so glad to see that's been fixed.

Not that interested in the set, just the yellow oval blue and gray, or "classic" Batman as I call him.

It looks like there may be a different Batman in each set, so maybe TLC learned from the Batman theme to give us a little variety with Batman if he's going to be in every set.

Of course, this means the classic Batman may not show up in another set, which means I may have to brave the secondary market to get one, D'OH!

I'm hoping that since this set seems to harken back to the '60s TV show a little, maybe a '60s Batmobile with classic Batman and Robin could be in the works.

Also like the radar dish with the bright yellow batsymbol on it.
batsamd

Postby Walter Boy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:14 am

batsamd wrote:It looks like there may be a different Batman in each set, so maybe TLC learned from the Batman theme to give us a little variety with Batman if he's going to be in every set.

That'd be great. I'd love a Nolan styled Batman. If they gave us the Comic Con one they were giving away, that'd be awesome.
Walter Boy

Postby Brickmythic » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:46 pm

I like the new Bat Cave.
The minifigs are great and its affordable.

Bruce Wayne- new Tux. nice
Blue/Grey Batman- with Blue Cape!!
Red Robin- new robin, awesome.
Bane- reprint, but a good one, with neat back torso printing.
Poison Ivy- same as Bane, but with a few updated touches.

so that's 5 minifigs for $50 when the set is on sale.($70 USD retail)

Last I checked the 2006 Blue Grey Batman with Blue Cape was selling for $60. Bane for $35.

So at the very least, this New Bat Cave is a cool way to acquire some minifigs for a decent price!
Brickmythic

Postby batsamd » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:12 am

Brickmythic wrote:so that's 5 minifigs for $50 when the set is on sale.($70 USD retail)

Last I checked the 2006 Blue Grey Batman with Blue Cape was selling for $60. Bane for $35.

So at the very least, this New Bat Cave is a cool way to acquire some minifigs for a decent price!

For the people who missed out on the previous Batman sets, this new Batcave is a great deal, even at $70, but for me, who picked up all the previous sets, the only good thing about this cave are the figs, if that.

Yes the redone Bane and Ivy look nice, but I don't have any problems with the previous versions. The new Robin is Ok but I like the red and green one better. I really like Bruce's new suit, but hate the new hair he has.

To me, the only thing worth getitng is the classic Batman. That's the one version I hated that TLG didn't make the last time around and so desperately wanted.

Now I'm faced with either buying a $70 (maybe less on sale) set for one fig, paying Bricklink prices (which will probably be around $15-$20), or hoping TLG will release that Batman in another set in the future.

I'll probably wait a little while, till I see the next wave of DC sets, to see if the classic Batman is used again. If not, I'd rather see if the cave goes on sale because it would be difficult for me to shell out more than $10 for a minifig.

Guess the main issue I have with this set is that it comes with the one Batman version I really wanted and nothing else that i really care for.

Overall, though, if i didn't have the other cave set, I'd think this is a decent set for the price.
batsamd

Return to Licensed Themes