Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

A disturbing trend has developed in my White Cheese Slopes..

A Member of LEGO Company's staff drops in here from time to time to answer questions from LEGO fans like you.

Re: A disturbing trend has developed in my White Cheese Slop

Postby volumex » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:19 am

I think certain ranges were moved from one factory to another, Lego have various places that manufacture small parts, it could be the change in plastic processes. I advice to maybe take one do a stress test till it breaks and give the report to Lego.
The material used is relatively strong, could be a certain compound thats weaked the structure in spots, best viewed with some serious equipment. Good luck hope you come right.
volumex

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:46 am

I just noticed that my little Target dog set from last Christmas (the one that served as a gift card) has not only cheese slopes cracking, but a TON of the white elements cracking. Pretty much EVERY small piece in the set has cracks in it, even, sadly, the 1x1 white brick with the Target symbol printed on it, which I probably couldn't get a replacement for if I tried.
Mister Ed

Postby vynsane » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:49 am

I was upgrading the sorting of my collection and noticed a few of my 1x1 white cheese has the same cracks, maybe two or three.
Last edited by vynsane on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby Draykov » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:56 pm

Well...just to offer a counter-experience, I've yet to notice this in any of mine...though my 1x1 slopes tend to be in their storage drawer or on the original set they came with which was likely built only once.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Jabba the Taff » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Are the new 1x2 plate with cheese slope (as found in the new Droid Escape) a response to this? An unspoken admittance that there was a problem?
Jabba the Taff

Previous

Return to Ask LEGO