Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Toys’R'Us Bricktober from October 2 - 8

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [USA] Toys’R'Us Bricktober from October 2 - 8

Postby Brainslugged » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:48 pm

I hope you're right about that 30% off. Online and in store it's 25% off at the moment but says it ends Saturday. I thought I'd hold off and try and get that extra 5%. It'll be Sunday in 10 mins (West Coast) so maybe I'll find out then. I never bought either of the last two Millennium Falcons so I think it's about time I picked one up.
Brainslugged

Postby freqbox » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:13 am

How do we find the 30% off deals? They aren't showing up on the TRU page when I choose a set I want to buy
freqbox

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:12 am

There's also a coupon in this week's mail flier for a $10 TRU giftcard when you spend $75 or more in-store. So if you buy a large set that's already "30% off," you can get a pretty sweet savings. There are a ton of restrictions on the coupon, but LEGO does not appear to be one of them.

Of course, you'll be hard-pressed to find a good savings. So far I've found that you can get a sweet deal using the 30% off plus $10 giftcard coupon for the Ninjago Fire Temple, or the Alien Conquest HQ and another set to bring it over $75. None of the Star Wars sets are actually 30% off, so be careful with that. The Falcon set is about $7 from 30% off, so it's not terrible, but other sets are laughable bargains. My favorite is the Star Wars Advent Calendar, which is "on sale" for $5 over MSRP.

If you're going to go for this, do the math and make sure it's actually a good deal, as always with this stupid company.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Brainslugged » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:15 am

Well I just ordered my Falcom for $104 + tax, so thanks for the heads-up, FBTB. For some reason I couldn't do store pick-up anywhere, but I was in a store yesterday and I saw some so I don't know what their game is in that respect. In theory you should also be able to get a regualar Kenner Star Wars figure for free too, but when I added it to the basket it kept wanting to charge me another $10 so I left it off. Might have a word with customer services.
Brainslugged

Postby renesisx » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Does anyone have a link to the flyer online that shows the $10 for $75 giftcard offer?

It was in my e-mail, but when I click it, it's not on the web site.
renesisx

Postby Tyrant » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 pm

renesisx wrote:Does anyone have a link to the flyer online that shows the $10 for $75 giftcard offer?

It was in my e-mail, but when I click it, it's not on the web site.

I too would be interested in this. My efforts elsewhere have gone in circles with variations on "go to the store" when I clearly spelled out I was already going to the store and that I have already called the store and told I needed a coupon that they likely didn't have. So, good luck.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby bobalego » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:18 am

I have to say this: Do not ever, ever go to the Danbury CT TRU for any "free offer." Four times now I have gone to take advantage of a deal and they always have the same excuse, usually that they are sold out already. My cashier admitted to me, (wish I had it on tape) that "They couldn't find the free figure." I went on Sunday, at noon. I complained to the manager, nicely, that perhaps they should remove the 100 signs everywhere that lied to guests...
bobalego

Postby Padawan716 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:53 pm

I noticed at two different B&M stores that all other sets were 10% off. Not a great deal but it might be worth considering?

Any idea what the coming Bricktober weeks will have? Different sets on sale?
Padawan716

Return to Finds/Deals