Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

What Summer set are you most looking forward to?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

What Summer set are you most looking forward to?

Postby Jon Vanneste » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:47 pm

I'm after all three classics and the tank droid!

But I guess the one I want most is Echo Base. Cheap troopers and a Tauntaun! But the name is weird. They couldn't have maybe called "Hoth Rebel Base" that?
Imperial troops have entered the forums! Imperial troops have entered the f-KSSHHHH.
Jon Vanneste

Re: What Summer set are you most looking forward to?

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:08 pm

I think it's named echo base, because it's called echo base in the movies. But, it's a total guess. ;)
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Brickoholic » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:01 pm

Or they could have just called it 'Hoth Battle' since it has little or nothing to do with the actual Echo Base. 7666 should have been called 'Echo Base'
Brickoholic

Postby Michael » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:59 pm

I'm most looking forward to the Dropship / AT-OT, but I think that's a little unfair given how good this kit is.

So outside of that kit, its the Echo Base kit. The TaunTaun is well overdue, and including some Snowies and 2 new improved Rebel troops is awesome. The little wall with that "ejector seat" function and the turret with flick missiles are pretty good. I'm also pretty partial to this kit given it's my favorite scene from my favorite SW movie.
Michael

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:35 am

Yeah, I have to go with Echo Base as well. Accessible price point, Tauntaun, good figs, what's not to like? I'm looking forward to Endor and Home One, too, but I dread the prices...
Mister Ed

Postby thesilverspyder » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:04 am

Same here. Hoth base/hoth battle. Can you get a Luke figure with Hoth gear on? I might have to get two of these to have an additional tauntaun to add to my hoth rebel base. I think Hoth is the best part of the best star wars movie of them all.
See my entire collection built piece by piece!
http://www.youtube.com/user/dollarsignfrodofan77
thesilverspyder

Postby Ty55 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:39 am

Seeing as how the Laat/c AT-OT releases in the spring, I'm going to say the summer set I'm most looking forward to is the Vernator star destroyer, although the Endor Battle and Home One are a close second.
Ty55

Postby darth jason » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:51 am

Well actually I find this hard to narrow down i figured since they're coming out this summer I have a repose but what the hell.

So far... my list will change mind you. Goes like this.

1. Venator
2. Echo Base
3. Republic Y-wing
4.Seperatist shuttle
5.Home one(This would have been #1 if it was a ISD style ship)
6.Endor Playset
7.Tank Droid
8.Mid scale Falcon

this should change about 10 times between now and July-August
darth jason

Postby Drock » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:17 am

Really, the Venator is the only Summer set I'm interested in. Though I probably won't get it, due to having other sets I'd still rather buy. Maybe I'll get it later.
Drock

Postby lordvader208 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:28 pm

Well since the topic says "What Summer SET" (note, not SETS), I would have to go with the Venator. I don't know why, but I just like it. The reason why Home One didn't win my pick is because it's just a hangar and a control room and a small one-man fighter, but with great minifigs. Most of the other sets are pretty much remakes or alternate forms of existing ships that have been made as Lego sets before (Echo Base and Hoth Rebel Base, Ewok Attack and AT-ST(s) as Endor, original Y-Wing as Anakin's Y-Wing, Wookie Attack as Tank Droid, etc)
lordvader208

Postby Tyrant » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:13 pm

The one set I am most looking forward to actually being available is the Endor set. However the set I will likely buy first is the Hoth set (likely several of them). I like the Endor set because I have been wanting to try to build a bunker/shield generator complex ever since I saw one built at a LEGO store and this will be a decent start and give me some ideas on how to go about it. But, I want lots of snowtroopers, so the Hoth set is likely first on my list of purchases.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby donneyboy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:35 pm

1. echo base
2. battle of endor
3. venator
4. separatist shuttle
5. home one
6. republic dropship with At ot
those are the ones I want most.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby Darthboba281 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:53 pm

I WANT THEM ALL!!!!!! >:) And, the one I want the most is Endor Battle. Also, just to point out to everyone, I pretty sure Home One is a temporary name for that set.
Darthboba281

Postby dWhisper » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:21 pm

I'm looking forward to the Wookietastic Love Day Parade! And by that, I mean who cares what sets I'm looking forward to. Except of course for Kyle, he always just sits around waiting for me to post what I want.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby gr6120 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Definitely the Echo Base (x2 ;)) and Endor sets.
gr6120

Postby CoR3Bu » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:30 am

I'm really looking forward to the Home 1 playset. :) (yeah it may be over-priced)

But its got Admiral Ackbar, new Lando, Mon Mothma, and other guys! Plus a sweet
green A-wing! >:) I think the set in second set I'm looking forward to is the
Echo Base, Taun Tauns!

Colonel Reaginal Bulstrode, to attention men
CoR3Bu

Postby Crusader » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:42 am

Even though I have most of the components already, the Endor Battle still seems to be a whole lot of fun for the money. Other than the the new Death Star set, it might be the most complete scene-in-a-set to date. Other than swapping out R2 for C3-PO, it strikes me as a near-perfect set. Simply build and play.

Not to say that the Hoth set won't be swooped up too, but as a stand alone set it's a bit lacking. As an add-on it looks great.

Personally I'd be perfect happy picking up Lando and Ackbar as magnets, I can pass on the rest of the set.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby Masta' Bo » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:29 am

Admit it, Hoth WILL, in fact, be the first thing y'all pick up whether you like it or not. ;)
And even though it won't be "Limited Edition", it will most likely sell the best beacause it's the cheapest set and has such a huge fanbase.

I'm quite looking forward to it--I mean, c'mon, snowtroopers, fleshie rebels, and Hoth Han+Tauntaun? Too good to be true!

I'm also looking forward to the tank droid because I like Seperatist/Trade Fed. ships, and it seems to be quite well designed.
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby BigBenKenobi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Well, I guess if I'm going strictly summer sets (August 2009), I'd have to say the 8039 Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser for sure. However, I am lreally ooking forward to the 7749 Echo Base and 8038 Battle of Endor sets this summer too.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Next

Return to Star Wars