Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Clone Wars - Prisoners

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Clone Wars - Prisoners

Postby Staff » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:16 am

Clone Wars 9/23 - 2

The Rupublic and Gungan armies have been captured, and the Mon Cala enslaved. Can the young Prince Lee-Char and Ahsoka save the day?

The Clone Wars continues Friday 23 September with Prisoners, if you cannot wait check out the video preview

You can also watch full episodes of 4.01 Water War or 4.02 Gungan Attack if you missed them the first time - or just want to watch them again (and again)!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/09/20/the-clone-wars-prisoners/
Staff

Re: The Clone Wars - Prisoners

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:45 am

I must say that i'm disappointed to see this story arc continue. Did it bother anyone else that the lightsabers seemed to have no affect on the water around them?
buriedbybricks

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:37 am

You'd think it would boil it. Nothing like that? That's lame.
Mister Ed

Postby jallenuk » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:27 am

This arc concludes this week - and then we have more Jar Jar next week!! I believe after that the next arc is Clone centric.
jallenuk
Staff Writer

Postby StoutFiles » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:53 am

Maybe a lightsaber only works on solid objects? It's not like it matters, the lightsaber breaks numerous laws of physics just like many other things in Star Wars. What you should all be wondering is why an episode would center around Jar Jar.
StoutFiles

Postby Blacknight » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:25 pm

All I have to say is, enough with the electrical torture. I think every main character and various Jedi has been tortured with electricity in this series, sometimes multiple times. First of all I question what torture scenes are doing in a kid's series at all. Secondly, they could at least get a bit creative if they must show said scenes. I know they want something that doesn't leave a mark on the body, but jeez... enough.
Blacknight

Postby Vegaxe » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:50 pm

So, no talk about the shark guy? What race is that... He reminds me of the great white shark dude, with a smaller head, from Finding Nemo.

Any takers on betting that he will be in a "toysrus" exclusive lego set in 2012? They could maybe re-use the Atlantis shark minifigure mold.

Btw, I not thrilled about the gungans. My wife always gets a kick out of me making fun of them when they come on though... my kids do as well. Mesa luv gungans so much!
Vegaxe

Postby Robzula » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:55 pm

StoutFiles wrote:Maybe a lightsaber only works on solid objects? It's not like it matters, the lightsaber breaks numerous laws of physics just like many other things in Star Wars.

They could at least give them a feathered effect like Tartakovsky did in Clone Wars Chapter 5 (which this arc is pretty much a remake of).
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby jallenuk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:41 am

Robzula wrote:
StoutFiles wrote:Maybe a lightsaber only works on solid objects? It's not like it matters, the lightsaber breaks numerous laws of physics just like many other things in Star Wars.

They could at least give them a feathered effect like Tartakovsky did in Clone Wars Chapter 5 (which this arc is pretty much a remake of).

Yes especially as they went to the trouble of the bubbly hologram effect!
jallenuk
Staff Writer

Postby darth_fett » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:52 am

I seem to recall in one of the novels for the old star wars trilogy (not sure if it was empire or jedi) that while Luke was building his lightsaber, he checked to see if there was heat emanating from the blade, and finding none, concluded the process was working like it should. So if lightsabers don't give off heat until they contact a surface, then maybe water wouldn't have a drastic effect on lightsaber operation. Likewise, the blaster bolts seem to be highly effective underwater, except on the shark guy who seems to take about a dozen to his body and swims away. Any physics that would affect the lightsaber would definitely affect the blaster bolts.
darth_fett

Postby Train 01 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the original Clone Wars series in 2002 when Anakin went and dueled with Ventress on Yavin 4, it started raining and the water was sizzling on their lightsaber blades. So they must be hot, just not the area around them.

By the way, does anyone else think we might be over thinking this. It's like trying to apply logic to some commercials.
Train 01

Postby Blacknight » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Yes but if it affects our ability to suspend our disbelief then it can hurt the quality of the show.

P.S. Love the "see you on the forum to complain about it afterwards" on the front page. It's a Clone Wars tradition on this site, except they're giving us more fodder to complain about than ever lately.
Blacknight

Postby zwolya » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:46 pm

I'm just really glad Kit and Anakin aren't Jedi, otherwise they could've used the Force, escaped way too easily, and ended this show in the first 8 minutes.

Oh wait.

(Do the underwater droids remind anyone else of Sonic Riders ZG?)
zwolya

Postby minimitch » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:15 pm

StoutFiles wrote:Maybe a lightsaber only works on solid objects? It's not like it matters, the lightsaber breaks numerous laws of physics just like many other things in Star Wars. What you should all be wondering is why an episode would center around Jar Jar.

You are right. Some of my co-workers and I were talking about the exact same thing...Geek alert. But it probably came down to what looked good instead of physics. Lucas probably said, "Too much bubbles can't see what going on behind them. Turn off the bubble particles.
I have to admit I never really paid much attention to clone wars stuff up until now. I have a friend who works at Big Rock and he gave me a tour of the joint and I've been hook since then.

May the force be with all of us, God knows we need it.
MM
minimitch

Postby Bellicose » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Terrible. Ugh.
Bellicose

Postby Blacknight » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:49 am

Squid man: "Ruler??? That was not our arrangement with Count Dooku!"

Dramatic music

Shark man: "No. It wasn't your arrangement.......... it was mine!!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!"

The episode lurched from bad saturday cartoon mode that could barely entertain a 6 year old to ridiculous and unnecessary graphic violence. Who is the target audience for this show again?
Last edited by Blacknight on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Blacknight

Postby fallenangel327 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:14 am

Blacknight wrote:Squid man: "Ruler??? That was not our arrangement with Count Dooku!"

Dramatic music

Shark man: "No. It wasn't your arrangement.......... it was mine!!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!"

The episode lurched from bad saturday cartoon mode that could barely entertain a 6 year old to ridiculous and unnecessary graphic violence. Who is the target audience for this show again?

Us, of course. Only hardcore Star Wars fans would bother. We're complaining, sure, but we are contributing to viewer ratings...

'Mon Cala'? Wasn't this episode on Dac?
fallenangel327

Postby Blacknight » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:18 am

fallenangel327 wrote:Us, of course. Only hardcore Star Wars fans would bother. We're complaining, sure, but we are contributing to viewer ratings...

Not me... I download all these things off the net. Though it's starting to not be worth my time or bandwidth....
Blacknight

Postby Robzula » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:58 am

Ugh. The cheesy message of hope, the egregious use of plot armor, the decision to torture information out of the pain resistant jedi instead of the goofy sidekick and love interest, the way the bad guy went from generic tough guy to mustache twirling villain... Just ugh.

Normally I don't have a problem with the violence on this show since it doesn't really have any more than other action kids shows (it just portrays it in a darker way) but strapping explosives to living people and showing as they disappear into a puff of blood and then, in the case of the shark guy, showing the remains of the body was a tad extreme.

Hopefully next episode will be better when we get to watch the goofy antics of Jar-Ja- OH SON OF A bith.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:13 am

My daughter once asked me why I watch this show if I don't like it. I've been asking myself that question in regard to all things Lucasfilm since about 1997.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Next

Return to Star Wars