Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

8097 Slave I

View comments and rate sets in this forum.

Rating

14%
21%
36%
14%
7%
7%

Total votes : 14

8097 Slave I

Postby Staff » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 am

Rate this set using the poll options above.

You may add a mini review and comments by following the format below:

Pros: It's awesome!

Cons: It sucks!

Comments: Comments go here.

Please be brief and concise. Any posts not following this format will be deleted. If you're interested in submitting a full review, please visit our reviews forum.

Set Guide Entry: 8097 Slave I
Staff

Re: 8097 Slave I

Postby meeotch » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Pros: It's Boba Fett, the Slave I, and has Bossk and a sweet Han in Carbonite.

Cons: Another rerelease, plus more in the comments section.

Comments: This was really my main gift for Christmas / birthday from my main family (wife + kids), so I really wanted to love this set, but found a lot of tiny things that disappointed me. Boba Fett, when in the pilot's seat, is just a little too big or placed improperly so that when the wings rotate upon take-off, they really need to twist about another 2 degrees to be perpendicular to the ship. There's nowhere specific to put Boba's blaster, and if you put it in the cargo hold, it will fall out with even moderate swooshing. The pilot's chair really deserves a little more gadgets and gizmos than it has.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Pros: The overall look is fairly accurate, some new pieces, solid minifigs

Cons: Virtually no improvement over 2006's 6209, pilot's seat/wings not engineered quite right and don't allow full range of motion

Comments: Already having the 6209 Slave I, I bought this on sale and still came away with some serious buyer's remorse. I was most excited about the minifigs, which are quite cool (finally have Bossk!). But as an owner of the 2006 incarnation, this set had virtually nothing else to offer. Even the build experience isn't as good as its predecessor. Unless your collection is missing a Slave I, let this go. You'll come out ahead picking up the minifigs on bricklink.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby elijah » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:55 pm

I would suggest this set to any one that likes Boba fett. Since i am a collector i have to say the this set redefines Mando's and the Fett family. The min-figures are very good the new Boba has a very good accurate design. Bossk could be a little biger i mean this guy was "super strong" I Quote.
The walking Encyclopedia and geek. My flicker is at this http://www.flickr.com/photos/elijahtheencyclopedia/
elijah

Return to Star Wars Set Guide: Ratings and Comments