Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Future Collectible Minifigs?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Future Collectible Minifigs?

Postby Staff » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Eagle-eyed FBTB forum member mooslug spotted an interesting mistake on Lego Shop@Home's Series 6 product page. It would seem the current series' Zookeeper and Snowboarder were omitted from the list and replaced with previously unknown Flamenco Dancer and Jungle Boy. Spoiler for Series 6? 7? 8?
Shop@Home Spoilers?

Also, a tipster sent us an image of more possible collectible minifigs that leaked onto the interwebs a few weeks ago, and they're pretty fantastic:

Lady Liberty, a minotaur, awesome pink space vixen, a genie, Braveheart, a Leprechaun, pompadour hairpieces, meat cleavers and more to love: I'm willing to throw down right now and call this the best series so far, and we haven't even seen all 16 figures for this wave yet.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/08/22/future-collectible-minifigs/
Staff

Re: Future Collectible Minifigs?

Postby Athos » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:45 pm

I hope the minotaur head is only a prototype. It could use some work.

Steve
Athos

Postby GrayMattR » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Wow, that may be the first series that I get every fig. Fantastic! I'm not sure about the butcher unless I'm hungry for steak when I find them in Target.
GrayMattR

Postby legomason » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 pm

It says "Lego Shop@Home’s Series 6 product page" in the first line. Should be Series 5.
legomason

Postby shoggoth666 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Man these keep getting better and better. Well done Lego :) .
shoggoth666

Postby Marty » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:24 am

After looking at these new figures, all I can say... is roll on Planet of the apes, as looking at the liberty figure, I can see a great a diorama in the making?
As for braveheart, the highlander in kilt would have been better.
But regardless, the figures are starting to show promise.

Marty
Marty

Postby onions » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:09 pm

Marty wrote:But regardless, the figures are starting to show promise.

"starting" to show promise? did you not like any of the previous 5 series?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Marty » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Sorry! Been away, as I said, "they're starting to show promise?", my reasons for this are.
I did get the full set of series 5,4,3,2 and yes, some are excellent, but some are just recycled figures used in earlier series, "You know the ones I mean?"
But here's the thing, in the last two series sets "Lego" is starting to take note of what kids/adults would like to see, for example the Gladiator, Godzilla, Sherlock Holmes, to name a few, but they'll still adding skate & snow boards etc.
The latest series with the roman guard, looks excellent, the alien, not exactly right, the highlander, no kilt, windup robot (love it!) but the bandit?
I would have suggested Prison escapee, think Harrison ford in handcuffs or Old style robber with crowbar & swag bag rather than this?
One thing I did think about was that the kid with the teddy was probably a toy box theme, and that they could have added a jack in the box, teddybear or dolly version of a min fig, but please, no Barbies or worse ken!!!
Oh! An as I'm Irish, I'm looking forward to the little green guy with open arms XD
As for the Alien, I for one will be making him an all grey version, and supplying him with a probe not a ray gun?
Other than than, I'm looking forward to seeing what else they come up with?
Marty
Marty

Postby Scogali » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:15 am

Yes! These look fantastic. I lke the way they seem to have started to add more mythical type creatures in, as opposed to series 1-5 which, while mostly cool, have recycled a number of city people and other rather plain figs. In that aspect I do have to agree with Marty there.
"You Don't Need To See His Brick Collection... These Aren't The Figs You're Looking For... He Can Go About His Building... Move Along..."
Scogali

Return to Original Themes