Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Cars Sets Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

New Cars Sets Now Available

Postby Staff » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:50 pm

20110802-014153.jpg

LEGO Shop@Home now lists the two newest Cars 2 sets for immediate shipping: 8638 Spy Jet Escape and 8639 Big Bentley Bust Out for $49.99 and $69.99 respectively. Either set will get you the free Alien Conquest Jetpack polybag set.

20110802-014419.jpg

Given their previous licenses' release pattern, these will most likely be the last Cars sets to be made.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/08/02/new-cars-sets-now-available/
Staff

Re: New Cars Sets Now Available

Postby Wash » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Given their previous licenses' release pattern, these will most likely be the last Cars sets to be made.

Star wars seems to be the the only license that TLG seems to be want to do for more than 1 or 2 waves recently :S . I don't know if it's from poor sales or what but these new themes are not lasting long.
Wash

Postby bluishgrey » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:48 am

Wash wrote:

Star wars seems to be the the only license that TLG seems to be want to do for more than 1 or 2 waves recently :S . I don't know if it's from poor sales or what but these new themes are not lasting long.

It's because these recent 'themes' are only made to market current movies. As soon as the buzz around a movie dies, so do the sets. Prince of Persia, Toy Story.... I'd be surprised if lego continues to make PoTC sets after the Black Pearl is released. I expect the super heroes stuff next year to be released and discontinued in the same manner - based around movie runs. The bright side is that stores tend to put this stuff on discount pretty quickly to get it off their shelves.
bluishgrey

Postby WillyWampa » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:03 am

I haven't bought any of the Cars sets yet and most likely won't, but I was wondering if the windshield "eyes" were printed or stickers. I really like the look of the jet in the one set, but I'm not so keen on it if the windshield has printing on it.
WillyWampa

Postby Bellicose » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:37 pm

I believe they're printed. :facepalm: The windows on the side of the aircraft are stickers too - I was hoping for new window moulds...

Still, the cockpit window can be swapped out for one of the clear blue ones from the city airliner, police helicopter or space shuttle sets.

Funny - TLG will put stickers in $400 UCS sets instead of printing like collectors and modellers want, and print on the pieces that we don't want printed for cheap sets. I'd have preferred a blank black windscreen to match the other black parts in this jet...guess TLG doesn't trust kids to not eat the stickers.
Bellicose

Return to Finds/Deals