Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, Ceremonial Han Revealed

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, Ceremonial Han Revealed

Postby Staff » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:40 pm

To celebrate FBTB's return to the Amazon Affiliate program, I've updated the right sidebar link from the Star Wars Blu-Ray page to the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia book being published by DK Publishing because the movies are old, and everyone's already seen it and also because the book is new and pretty darn cool. And it has nothing to do with the fact that I consulted on the book. The current price as I write this is $11.16 direct from Amazon. With their pre-order price guarantee, if Amazon's price changes, you'll pay the lowest price no matter when you place your pre-order. The release date for the book is October 3, 2011, just in time for the holidays.

Just like the LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary book before it, it comes with an exclusive new figure. The figure was supposed to be a secret... but browsing Amazon.co.uk's page for the book, the figure has been revealed to be Ceremonial Han Solo from the final scene in A New Hope!

Support our site! Pre-order one now:

- LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia on Amazon.com
- LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia on Amazon.co.uk
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/07/06/lego-star-wars-character-encyclopedia-ceremonial-han-revealed/
Staff

Re: LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, Ceremonial Han Re

Postby akunthita » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:21 pm

That price is really impressive! I know the first book was really high quality, and if this is anywhere close (I'm sure you made sure of that! ;) ), it is a steal! :D
Tips & Tricks with LEGO Bricks! http://thebrickblogger.com/
akunthita

Postby Flynn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:34 pm

the figure has been revealed to be Ceremonial Han Solo from the final scene in A New Hope!

Well, what a shock.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby itchybreath » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:14 pm

i can imagine myself at target looking at a pile of these books with han solo poked out and stolen from each one....smh

but other than that, this looks great.
itchybreath

Postby Arkov » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:12 am

Does this mean the next LEGO Star Wars book will have a ceremonial Chewie :)
Arkov

Postby Drock » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:26 am

Arkov wrote:Does this mean the next LEGO Star Wars book will have a ceremonial Chewie :)

Poor, underappreciated Chewie. :lol:
Drock

Postby mr_joshua » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:28 am

This will make a nice addition to my collection...most impressive. But, why didn't they wait another two weeks and reveal it at Comic-Con??!??!? That was a nice surprise when they revealed Luke in the first book. Oh well, I can't complain about the price though. I sure hope they seal the book up a bit better to thwart pilfering.
mr_joshua

Postby dubchester » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:03 pm

They had the book on display at Comic Con at the DK Publishing booth. It was in a clear box case, but as I got closer one of the reps took it out and allowed me to thumb through it. It looks totally awesome!!! It covers a ton of figures, and it also provides detail if there are alternate versions of that minifigure. I don't think you guys will be disappointed. It's definitely smaller in length and width vs. the visual dictionary, but it seems to fit since the minifigures themselves are much smaller than sets.
dubchester

Postby HothTrooper » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:26 pm

StarWars.com just posted a preview of the book featuring several page layouts and a nice closeup of the exclusive Han Solo minifig. Overall, it looks like a great complement to the Visual Dictionary.
HothTrooper

Postby that guy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:40 pm

Arkov wrote:Does this mean the next LEGO Star Wars book will have a ceremonial Chewie :)

Not to shoot that idea down too fast but there's nothing special about Chewie at the final celebration. Only Luke and Han get medals. Of course maybe Chewie got a pedicure and fur wash & waxing beforehand??
that guy

Postby SDIronClaw » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:34 am

that guy wrote:

Not to shoot that idea down too fast but there's nothing special about Chewie at the final celebration. Only Luke and Han get medals. Of course maybe Chewie got a pedicure and fur wash & waxing beforehand??

Actually Chewie got the last line in the movie, a roar. Lucas gave him that tribute since he did not recieve a medal.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby that guy » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:39 pm

Ah, good call. Then perhaps the next book will have the first ever minifig with a sound chip inside?? I can just see it now, push down on Chewie's head and out comes his tell tale roar.....hmmm, just imagine. :)
that guy

Postby lemons » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Not going to lie, I'd buy it just for the minifigure alone haha. Welcome back to the Amazon affiliate program. I've never had the opportunity to browse through this book, but I've read the original!
“You don’t need to see his identification … These aren’t the droids you’re looking for … He can go about his business … Move along.”

LEGO Star Wars blog.
lemons

Return to Star Wars