Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Service pack for the 10213 Space Shuttle???

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: Service pack for the 10213 Space Shuttle???

Postby gunoz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:57 am

So basically it's thanks for beta testing set 10213, we've made many improvements to it, and if you want those changes spend another $99 on the new set 10231. Not too happy about that >:( I guess I'll get the service pack and then look elsewhere for parts to fix the landing gear and mechanical arm.
gunoz

Postby Draykov » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:16 am

I suppose one could test the waters with LEGO Customer Service to see if they'll do an exchange.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby dWhisper » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:11 pm

I just want the service pack to include the additional parts they're using in the revision. It only comes with parts for the booster.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby ILikePi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:52 pm

That sounds very interesting, but also frustrating at the same time (for people who own the older version). I'd love to see a complete comparison between the two shuttles!
ILikePi

Postby ScottishBloke » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:25 pm

After reviewing the instructions, the most significant changes seem to be as discussed:

Landing Gear redesigned, front & rear
Fuel Tank reinforced with side beams (not the method used by the previous kit's service pack)
Rear engine redesigned
Satellite and mount redesigned.

There also seems to be clarity around certain piece placement. As my 5 year old was able to build this one, not sure why...

There is an oddity I noticed. The pictures seem to suggest only one astronaut in the cockpit; placed centrally - but then shows two side by side in another picture.

I don't know that I see changes significant enough to buy another, especially having already received the fuel tank service pack.
ScottishBloke

Previous

Return to Original Themes