Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Review: 7959 Geonosian Starfighter

The official Lego set review forum. Please read the Guidelines before posting!

Review: 7959 Geonosian Starfighter

Postby Harmonica » Thu May 26, 2011 9:43 am

Apparently released a little early around here, I found this two days ago at a local toy store. No pics, sorry. Maybe later.

First off, the minifigs: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Commander Cody and a Geonosian Pilot. Cody isn't new (though I didn't have him), but the other two are. The Geonosian looks very nice and has back printing (though that's common nowadays) and the head sculpture looks very accurate compared to their CW series. Alas, no wings. Ki-Adi-Mundi, well, it'd probably be better if it was one piece instead of the fez-like "hat" he has. As it is, though, he does look the part well. He kinda grows on you, IMO. And Cody, well, he's a clone with orange stripes. For the price they could have included an extra geonosian or even a clone.
Minifigs: 8/10

Build: Pretty straightforward, and it has a nifty little bomb compartment on the lower hull. As I was building, I was thinking it could never come out looking that good, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Build: 6/10

Model: It looks to be fairly accurate to it's CW depiction, IMO. Small, nimble, sturdy and very swooshable. The bomb compartment opens and closes easily, and stays closed fairly well. The Geonosian fits snugly into the cockpit and has a small control panel, and the canopy is a very nice piece, though I'm not sure if it's new or not. Overall I found myself liking it very much (to my surprise). Not a bad parts selection, either.
Model: 9/10

Price: 39.99 retail here (Netherlands). 155 pieces plus 3 figs, two of which are entirely new. 34.99 or an extra clone or geo would've been nice, IMO.
Price: 7/10

Overall: A very nice little ship, straightforward build, 3 figs, 2 of which new (and the Geonosian especially is very nice). Putting it next to the solar sailer (which is about as long), the reddish-brown in the fighter clashes with the tan in the sailer. It they'd had the same secondary colour, they'd look very nice together, I think.
Overall: 7.5/10

Hope you liked my review.
Harmonica

Re: Review: 7959 Geonosian Starfighter

Postby Wash » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:49 am

Pics or it didn't happen :p
Wash

Return to Reviews