Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Indiana Jones Value

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Indiana Jones Value

Postby Ty55 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:56 am

I was just curious, I know that the theme is relatively new, but anyone who has been collecting from this theme I have a few questions.

Have the Indiana Jones sets been holding their value as well as the Star Wars ones? If anyone sells them in a shop, are they generally desirable?

Thanks for any info :)
Ty55

Re: Indiana Jones Value

Postby Draykov » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:25 pm

I think to get a useful answer to this question you'll have to wait until LEGO actually retires some of them. All of the Indy sets released so far are still pretty widely available at retail (which means right now, they're easily had at MSRP).
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby ufjason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:47 pm

The jungle duel and hunt for stolen treasure are discontinued afaik.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby ufjason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:55 pm

The jungle duel is discontinued afaik.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Draykov » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:51 am

My bad...forget all about Jungle Duel. Looks like you're right about that one. The average price over the last 6 months for 7624 on Bricklink (new) is a little less than 3 bucks over MSRP. 7622 is still available from Shop@Home though.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby GrayMattR » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:51 pm

I could be totally wrong but I doubt the Indiana Jones sets will gain value in the aftermarket. Most sets don't except the ones considered "classic" from 20+ years ago. Star Wars sets are the exception because of all the Star Wars fans that will plunk down their money for anything that has the SW name on it.
GrayMattR

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:29 am

I think the Indy sets will skyrocket in value when this line is done. I think that it will last for some years yet, but perhaps it will not be blessed with the longevity of SW sets. Indiana Jones is an incredibly popular theme and, like Star Wars, already has a huge fanbase with many AFOLs snapping up the sets.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby natelite » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:13 pm

Jedd the Jedi wrote:I think the Indy sets will skyrocket in value when this line is done. I think that it will last for some years yet, but perhaps it will not be blessed with the longevity of SW sets. Indiana Jones is an incredibly popular theme and, like Star Wars, already has a huge fanbase with many AFOLs snapping up the sets.

i agree. it's like batman where there's only 1 main protagonist. when the sets are still available, it won't be as popular but when the theme is gone the price will spike like crazy.

and jungle duel hasn't really spike yet because it is still available from elsewhere like australia. :lol:
natelite

Postby bigkid24 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:37 pm

I think Indy will end up like the Harry Potter line where it'll be hit or miss which sets will be sought after. Every set comes with Indy and most of the other figures aren't very notable. I only want so many German or Russian soldiers. I would keep an eye on the set with Indy and his dad. Great little set with notable characters plus it's inexpensive.
bigkid24

Return to Licensed Themes