Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Magnet sets might be getting glued

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Re: Magnet sets might be getting glued

Postby Jargon » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Jargon

Postby Inzane » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Well, that's definitely good news for those of us that wanted to retain use of the minifigs for ourselves.

But Bricklink sellers definitely shouldn't be trying to sell these (boiled, separated) as *new* figures now.
Inzane

Postby legodavee123 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Inzane wrote:But Bricklink sellers definitely shouldn't be trying to sell these (boiled, separated) as *new* figures now.

Honestly, with all the issues with Chinese figs, I'm wondering how long it'll be before BrickLink has a special classification for "Chinese figure" versus "normal figure". I know if I were going to buy one off BrickLink, I'd ask the seller which it was before buying...

DaveE
legodavee123

Postby cowbug » Sun May 08, 2011 8:55 am

Has anyone purchased the Anakin/Ashoka/Senate Commando magnet set recently? Were the figs glued? Do you remember if the the package said they were glued?

I bought this set when it first came out and it was not glued. I was going to buy one the other day but the back of the package said elements were glued, two associates told me this set is glued now so all the newer SW sets with the black and blue cards will glued now but they did not seem to know for sure, just based on what the package said.

Any info is helpful, thanks.
cowbug

Postby Daz Hoo » Mon May 09, 2011 7:14 am

Just read through this thread: ALL minifigs magnet sets are now glued.
Daz Hoo

Postby Iare Tosevite » Mon May 09, 2011 11:13 am

I'm glad I bought pretty lot of star wars magnets before glue was used.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby cowbug » Tue May 10, 2011 9:23 am

Daz Hoo wrote:Just read through this thread: ALL minifigs magnet sets are now glued.

thanks for the response but I know the older sets I bought on the white cards (the Boba Fett, the Vader and the Yoda sets) were not glued. Only the new ones are glued and the Senate Commando set seems to be in a grey area where the earlier productions were not glued but the more recent ones may now be. I am trying to figure out if that is true or if the back of the package has always said glued.
cowbug

Postby Draykov » Tue May 10, 2011 10:19 am

cowbug wrote:...seems to be in a grey area where the earlier productions were not glued but the more recent ones may now be. I am trying to figure out if that is true or if the back of the package has always said glued.

Magnets being glued is a fairly recent trend, but you can safely assume that all magnets being produced from this day forward, barring some shift in policy, will be glued.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby cowbug » Sat May 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanks all for the input. If anyone has purchased this set (Anakin, Ashoka, Senate Commando) recently, I would love to hear what you found. Thanks.
cowbug

Postby Custom333 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:01 pm

This is very interesting. Has anybody else tried the melting idea?
Custom333

Postby mdilthey » Sun May 29, 2011 6:48 pm

I bought my first LEGO set in a while (Like, 1 year) about a month ago, the Hoth Rebels battle pack, and I noticed a substantially more loose connection with my ~2005ish heads. I thought it was a generational thing, like I hadn't bought minifigs in long enough that the measurements changed by a few micrometers, but now I'm thinking it might be a quality thing.

Were the Star Wars "Build Your Army" sets subject to the same outsourcing?
mdilthey

Postby YavinBase » Sun May 29, 2011 9:21 pm

mdilthey wrote:I bought my first LEGO set in a while (Like, 1 year) about a month ago, the Hoth Rebels battle pack, and I noticed a substantially more loose connection with my ~2005ish heads. I thought it was a generational thing, like I hadn't bought minifigs in long enough that the measurements changed by a few micrometers, but now I'm thinking it might be a quality thing.

Were the Star Wars "Build Your Army" sets subject to the same outsourcing?

It has been my experience and belief, (and Draykov alluded to this on page one of this thread), that the licened battle packs are not made in China. So your Hoth Rebel BP as well as the other SW BP's should be made from the quality plastic.
YavinBase

Lego Prince of Persia Magnets Question

Postby matt857697 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi, Does anyone know if the Prince of Persia magnets on sale at lego are glued or not glued? I seem to think they're not glued as they are older magnets, but wanted to know if anyone knew for sure. Thanks in advance!
matt857697

Postby SonOfSolo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:33 am

Not sure when these were produced, but on Black Friday I bought my son the magnet set with slave Leia, Boba Fett and a royal guard and to my surprise they were not glued. Are the other Star Wars sets produced at the same time as these unglued? I just got them because they were on clearance and he really wanted a Boba Fett. He's only 3 and a half so he really can't build a big set yet.
SonOfSolo

Postby Vegaxe » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:34 am

SonOfSolo wrote:Not sure when these were produced, but on Black Friday I bought my son the magnet set with slave Leia, Boba Fett and a royal guard and to my surprise they were not glued. Are the other Star Wars sets produced at the same time as these unglued? I just got them because they were on clearance and he really wanted a Boba Fett. He's only 3 and a half so he really can't build a big set yet.

The opposite for me... I had bought some from clearance as wel (leia, royal guard, fett)l, and they were glued. I am going to see if the back of the packages state weather they are glued now... otherwise, i will be opening all my magnet sets to check myself.
Vegaxe

Postby crazybirdman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:41 am

If they are glued, it says it on the very 1st line on the back of the package. Also they newer glued packaging says "magnets" on the front in 2 or 3 different languages.
crazybirdman

Previous

Return to General LEGO Discussions