Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out [US]

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out [US]

Postby pacific493 » Sat May 14, 2011 3:24 am

Looks like it's that time of year again when Lego discontinues sets. Battle of Endor has just gone to sold out at S@H.
Last edited by pacific493 on Sat May 14, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
pacific493
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 11:56 am

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out

Postby Boyfromvalley » Sat May 14, 2011 6:03 am

gorram and I was hoping to acquire one more.
Boyfromvalley
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out

Postby LL918 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:22 am

I just took a quick look and it seems that the only countries that have access to S@H / the online LEGO Shop that don't have this set available are the USA, Canada and South Korea.

South Korea seem to have an abnormally small selection. But I'm guessing that pacific493 is from North America.

I know that North America is probably the biggest market for SW LEGO, but just like in the Finds and Deals forum, I wish people would remember that this website isn't just read in North America - there is a reason that the Finds and Deals forum suggests that every post title should include the country it applies to. There is a whole big world out there... what does www mean again?

Enough ranting - maybe this does act as a heads up to those of us in the EU / rest of the world that this great set may disappear here soon too. If anyone doesn't have it and is interested in OT sets they should seriously think about getting it.
LL918
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:10 am
Location: Oz

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out

Postby pacific493 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:13 am

Sorry about that...I am in the U.S. and was referring to the set being sold out in S@H in the U.S.
pacific493
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 11:56 am

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out [US]

Postby SDIronClaw » Sat May 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Hmm...wonder if I should keep my spare, NIB then.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:46 pm
Location: Judland Waste

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out

Postby Robzula » Sat May 14, 2011 2:43 pm

LL918 wrote:I wish people would remember that this website isn't just read in North America - there is a reason that the Finds and Deals forum suggests that every post title should include the country it applies to.


Yeah, some of us are reading from Oz!
Robzula
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:41 pm
Location: North Dakota

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out [US]

Postby LL918 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:18 am

No need to apologise pacific493. We all have our own local bias to some degree or other, and I'm guessing that many of the North American members of FBTB don't even realise that their local S@H is different to the rest of the world... And on the up side, like I said, your post can give a heads up to a possible end of this set in 'the rest of the world' and perhaps some of your compatriots in North America can still find it in the shops?

And to Robzula – when I post in Finds & Deals I do spell it as AUS in the title to avoid confusion. Or does your post mean that I have to look into the history of Kansas and North Dakota to find out where Dorothy went? ;)
LL918
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:10 am
Location: Oz

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out [US]

Postby deco_droid » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:49 pm

i can't wait to hear all the people complain they didn't have enough time to buy battle of endor, and all the ebay "scalpers" and ripping them off. :lol:
deco_droid
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:46 am
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out [US]

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:19 am

Won't be me. I certainly had enough TIME to buy one. I just couldn't justify the expense. Wish I was lucky enough to live near a Wal-Mart that actually discounted them, though. I do wish I could have picked one up.

(Now I can continue hoping that somebody drastically discounts the Wampa Cave set. I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on that one, since it seems a trifle overpriced to begin with, and the issue is made worse by the fact that I already possess multiple iterations of Snowspeeder, on which this offers no improvement, so I'd mostly be paying for the Wampa and cave. But I already forsee myself posting something like this in a "Wampa Cave Sold Out" thread in the future. I am so cheap.)
Mister Ed
 
Posts: 1159
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out [US]

Postby Drock » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:08 am

Mister Ed wrote:(Now I can continue hoping that somebody drastically discounts the Wampa Cave set. I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on that one, since it seems a trifle overpriced to begin with, and the issue is made worse by the fact that I already possess multiple iterations of Snowspeeder, on which this offers no improvement, so I'd mostly be paying for the Wampa and cave. But I already forsee myself posting something like this in a "Wampa Cave Sold Out" thread in the future. I am so cheap.)

Buy it and sell off the snowspeeder. I was able to very quickly get $15 for the snowspeeder. Maybe could have been more if I had more patience :lol: $25 still may be too much for the Wampa, some white pieces, and the Hoth Luke, but I'm ok with it.
Drock
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out [US]

Postby JamesBenjamin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:05 am

Mister Ed wrote:Won't be me. I certainly had enough TIME to buy one. I just couldn't justify the expense. Wish I was lucky enough to live near a Wal-Mart that actually discounted them, though. I do wish I could have picked one up.

(Now I can continue hoping that somebody drastically discounts the Wampa Cave set. I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on that one, since it seems a trifle overpriced to begin with, and the issue is made worse by the fact that I already possess multiple iterations of Snowspeeder, on which this offers no improvement, so I'd mostly be paying for the Wampa and cave. But I already forsee myself posting something like this in a "Wampa Cave Sold Out" thread in the future. I am so cheap.)


I'm pretty sure I saw that set recently on sale for $31ish, either at Target, WM or TRU. If you watch for sales, you can pretty much always pick up any set at at least 25% off, you just might have to wait a bit.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:14 pm
Location: Northern VA.

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out [US]

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:59 pm

JamesBenjamin wrote:I'm pretty sure I saw that set recently on sale for $31ish, either at Target, WM or TRU. If you watch for sales, you can pretty much always pick up any set at at least 25% off, you just might have to wait a bit.


Did I mention I'm cheap? :D

I also saw it for around 25% off, but the fact that it was STILL $30 for 297 pieces (which is only slightly lower than what I thought it SHOULD have cost in the first place), more than half of which represent yet another Snowspeeder, kept me from buying it. I going to have to wait for Clearance prices on this one (which, in my experience, will never materialize in my area).
Mister Ed
 
Posts: 1159
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out [US]

Postby Drock » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:23 am

It's now listed as "Available Now."
Drock
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Battle of Endor #8038 - Sold Out [US]

Postby russjnco » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:42 am

Not only is this set available now at Shop @ Home but I have seen it in our local Lego Store (as 7/20/11) as well as at TRU (in store and online) in a newly reconfigured, more compact box so I would suspect that it will be around for awhile longer.
russjnco
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:35 pm


Return to Star Wars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests