Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Minifig Scale T-47 Rebel Snowspeeder.

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Minifig Scale T-47 Rebel Snowspeeder.

Postby Larry Lars » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:18 am

I would say that my all time favorite Star Wars vessel is the T-47 Airspeeder aka The Snowspeeder.
Luckily for me as a builder of MOC's, Legos official versions never came close to capturing the essence of that boxy little beauty.

Have a look at these pics of my latest attempt at a minifig scale version and tell me what you think.

More pics as well as instructions at my Flickr page
Larry Lars

Re: [SW] Minifig Scale T-47 Rebel Snowspeeder.

Postby majortom » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:12 am

I love this ship so much, this is for sure the best LEGO representation on the interwebs! And thank you so much for the instructions, I must admit I have built one myself, I tried to make one based off your design a few years ago, but couldn't figure out the cable mechanism -that's a smart play feature!
This continues to look sleeker and just more awesome with each iteration. Seriously, terrific job and thanks again for the instructions.
majortom

Postby lowlead » Wed May 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Fantastic T-47!

I'm really liking your solutions for the canopy, cockpit seats, and the ramped nose section - great stuff. Very generous of you to include construction details, I may have to build this soon.
lowlead

Postby Ooroo » Thu May 05, 2011 3:40 am

Thanks so much for sharing the construction details of this superb representation. Great job Larry Lars !!!
Do you have somewhere the list of parts needed ?
Ooroo

Postby banthafodder » Thu May 05, 2011 8:34 pm

It's been said above, but again, thank you for your generosity in sharing your instructions. I know what I'll be doing over the next few weekends.
banthafodder

Postby Unit 187 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Larry, I remember seeing your work from a few years ago and being so impressed. This is probably the most accurate one I've seen, and all of your creations are incredibly inspirational to me. Nice work!
Unit 187

Postby theDude » Wed May 11, 2011 7:33 pm

So impressive that I had to build it in Ldraw. I have a MLCad file of this now if anyone is interested. Very nice job, looks splendid in LDview, going to have to order some parts off Bricklink. Thanks for the instructions.
theDude

Postby Kubu1212 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:06 am

Hello together,

I love this model so much, is someone able to send me the parts list?
Thank you very much in advance,

Regards Kubu1212
Kubu1212

Postby Daiman » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

The only problem with this Moc is that if I ever build a Snow Speeder I wouldn't know what to do differently...A great model.
Daiman

Postby fallenangel327 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Daiman wrote:The only problem with this Moc is that if I ever build a Snow Speeder I wouldn't know what to do differently...A great model.

There appears to be a superfluous abundance of the same opinion, so I'll share the one thing I don't like about this MOC - the 2x6 wing plates used for the angles of the nose. They extend too far toward the canopy. I would rather have seen 4x4 wedge plates used, as in this MOC:

fallenangel327

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase