Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] LEGO S@H/Store - Official May 3rd/4th Announcement

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [US] LEGO S@H/Store - Official May 3rd/4th Announcement

Postby frankinthecity » Tue May 03, 2011 2:21 am

hello everyone, francois from quebec, canada here,

anyone else from quebec canada or elsewhere notice the taxe code were wrong? for a 109$ item, i will usually pay at least 13$ for taxes and i was only charge 6$

also, they didnt mention anything about the poster, i am affraid not to get it now!!! lol

Francois
frankinthecity

Postby kibosh » Tue May 03, 2011 6:50 am

While not blown away by this promotion, I'm ok with it. Gave me the perfect excuse to finally pick up a Slave 1. I really dig that shadow trooper, and the free shipping sealed the deal. My son will love the poster, too.
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Postby MarvelousRoland » Tue May 03, 2011 12:06 pm

kibosh wrote:While not blown away by this promotion, I'm ok with it. Gave me the perfect excuse to finally pick up a Slave 1. I really dig that shadow trooper, and the free shipping sealed the deal. My son will love the poster, too.

I totally agree with you. And it's a shame everybody outside Northern America doesn't get a change to win 10179 boohoo!:(
Anyway I ordered a few magnets and the Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship.
Face front, true believers! The mission of tales2astonish is to
provide other fans and collectors news and opinions on
Star Wars related Lego, 12” figures and collectibles.

twitter
MarvelousRoland

Postby mrfootball » Tue May 03, 2011 12:37 pm

Called Lego, they said the poster goes in every box regardless.
mrfootball

Postby MarvelousRoland » Tue May 03, 2011 3:15 pm

I just went for some magnets and the Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship just to get the 55 euro purchase.
Now I hope i'll get the ARF trooper.

I must say it's a shame people outside the US (AGAIN!) don't get a chance to win the 10179.
My mail confirmation doesn't says anything about a poster or the ARF minifig. Which made me wonder if I should have purchest a set of more than €55, rather than a combination...

twitter
MarvelousRoland

Postby Novastinger » Tue May 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Darn, I was hoping the new Kingdoms sets would be available, as the free shipping and minifig would convince to buy straight from Lego. Oh well, I think I'll pass on the offer.
Novastinger

Postby AnakinBaggins » Wed May 04, 2011 8:51 am

I just placed an order for leia's corvette, and made sure i clicked on the banner above before doing so ;)

The transaction didnt go smooth at first though, i got my first card rejected, losing 200 vip points in the process :facepalm: though i still went ahead with a second try without waiting for customer support to replace my points, i didnt want to miss on this opportunity :lol:

Thanks FBTB for the heads up!
AnakinBaggins

Postby MarvelousRoland » Wed May 04, 2011 11:27 am

Due to a very non user friendly way on the s@h ordering, I missed my chance to get the Shadow ARF Trooper.

During check-out, I missed (or it wasn't there) the checkbox if you want the ARF Trooper.
So I ordered without applying the checkbox. I see this as a big fail on Lego's part.
They've should placed the checkbox between the order list en confirmation button and they've should have made a validation upon confirming your order.

Lego Helpdesk was again very supportive and helpfull, kudo's for that, and were looking for a way to send the figure separately . But alas, at the end of today the Lego Helpdesk calls me back with the bad news that all the Minifigs are gone, and they legally couldn't send the minifig afterward. They offered to compensate with a Lego keychain for the trouble. But i'll pass, I'll send my order back and will ask for a refund.

Apparently I wasn't the only one having problems with this promotion. From what I've gathered the Helpdesk had its hands full with this promotion.
It's a shame it had to go this way. I work in the interaction design business, so i really bothers me even I overlooked the checkbox for the Shadow ARF Trooper. And I am pretty pissed, because the sole reason for my order was the minifig.
Even-though Lego helpdesk is friendly, supportive and helpfull as allways, i'll make a formal complaint.

The Force was not with me on this one.

twitter
MarvelousRoland

Postby Inzane » Wed May 04, 2011 11:31 am

So the minifigs are completely sold out?

Regarding the poster, and the free shipping, does anyone know for sure if you have to spend $75 on purely SW lego content, or can you get by with a portion of your order as SW and the rest as something else?
Inzane

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:35 am

That sucks that it's sold out online. The Lego stores near me expect to have some to last over the next few days. They're just going to keep the promotion running through the week for $75 purchases of SW. After that, they're sending any leftovers back.

Yep, only SW Lego sets apply to the $75.
Gooker1

Postby MrCRskater » Wed May 04, 2011 12:17 pm

MarvelousRoland wrote:During check-out, I missed (or it wasn't there) the checkbox if you want the ARF Trooper.
So I ordered without applying the checkbox. I see this as a big fail on Lego's part.

I agree that this seemed counter-intuitive to the nature of the promotion, if not a little sneaky. Fortunately, I caught the checkbox, but I could certainly understand Marvelous' frustration. The exclusive fig was the main draw for my order as well, and if I had missed it, I'd be doing just what he is: returning my order for a full refund. It seems to me that if a particular giveaway product is the posterchild for a promotion, it ought to be included in every order automatically. No questions asked. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby ie10421 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:23 pm

I placed an order with S@H a few hours ago, I bought no Star Wars (needed some other things and wanted free shipping). They gave me the option at the checkout for the free ARF trooper, and I of course clicked yes. It is listed on my order confirmation received about an hour after the order was placed.

Chris
ie10421

Postby Crusader » Wed May 04, 2011 1:52 pm

I went the Lego store route on this one and got a black Arf. Unfortunately I learned that the Millenium Falcon contest was only through shop-at-home. Oh well...

Granted it was discounted fully with my purchase, but I find it a bit troubling that the ARF was listed as $9.99. Lego has decided that an exclusive fig is worth that much by itself.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby kibosh » Wed May 04, 2011 7:53 pm

When I first started my order, I saw the check box for the ARF trooper, but did not see my rewards points. I then realized I wasn't logged in. Once I logged in with my VIP account, the trooper was automatically included. In my experience, what you ordered didn't matter as long as it was $75+. I placed three orders; Slave 1 to be safe, MBA subscriptions, and the Maersk Train. Each one listed the ARF trooper to be included, and I've gotten shipping notifications on them as well.
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Postby mrfootball » Wed May 04, 2011 8:29 pm

See below...
Last edited by mrfootball on Wed May 04, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrfootball

Postby mrfootball » Wed May 04, 2011 8:32 pm

MarvelousRoland wrote:Due to a very non user friendly way on the s@h ordering, I missed my chance to get the Shadow ARF Trooper.

During check-out, I missed (or it wasn't there) the checkbox if you want the ARF Trooper.

I had the same issue and oddly enough I'm also in New Media / Interactive and somehow missed it too. Just call up Lego Shop at Home and they'll hook you up, i called them and they sent one out right away... otherwise you may try the Lego stores, Lego's customer service is usually excellent and I'm sure they'll rectify the situation when you speak to them.
mrfootball

Postby Inzane » Wed May 04, 2011 10:42 pm

When was this promotion supposed to end?

I had assumed it would be midnight tonight. (it was 11:39PM MST when I went on S@H).

I went on to S@H to test what would happen and the sale prices were still shown but no indication of free shipping or the check box for the minifig, so I have to assume the promotion has expired.

Was it midnight EASTERN standard time? Or what?
Inzane

Postby cowbug » Wed May 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Crusader wrote:I went the Lego store route on this one and got a black Arf. Unfortunately I learned that the Millenium Falcon contest was only through shop-at-home. Oh well...

Granted it was discounted fully with my purchase, but I find it a bit troubling that the ARF was listed as $9.99. Lego has decided that an exclusive fig is worth that much by itself.

I noticed that and though it was strange because the post card listed the value at $3.99. I am sure it is to discourage people from buying $75 worth of product to get the fig, just to return the items later and keep the fig.
cowbug

Postby CloneEmperor » Thu May 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Inzane wrote:When was this promotion supposed to end?

I had assumed it would be midnight tonight. (it was 11:39PM MST when I went on S@H).

I went on to S@H to test what would happen and the sale prices were still shown but no indication of free shipping or the check box for the minifig, so I have to assume the promotion has expired.

Was it midnight EASTERN standard time? Or what?

I'm not sure what time zone's midnight it was supposed to end, all I know is I placed my order around 7pm mountain time, and my emailed receipt told me the order was placed on the 5th. I got the free shipping and the figure, but I'm not certain about my entry for the Falcon, due to the date on my receipt.
CloneEmperor

Postby pacific493 » Fri May 06, 2011 12:56 pm

I'm pretty ticked off about the ordering method for the ARF trooper. I ordered early in the morning and missed the box, so missed out on the fig. The thing that makes it particularly irksome is that they automatically added one of the bonus items to every box (the poster), but required buyers to take an additional step to get the other one (the figure). Seems like a pretty stupid way to go about doing business. I'm sending the set that I bought back.
pacific493

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals