Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] LEGO S@H/Store - Official May 3rd/4th Announcement

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[US] LEGO S@H/Store - Official May 3rd/4th Announcement

Postby that guy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:09 pm

I got the official post card from Lego today for the May 3rd/4th promotions. Here's what it lists:
1. FREE LEGO Shadow Arf Trooper with $75 purchase
2. FREE LEGO Star Wars poster with all purchases
3. Automatic Entry to win a 1st edition UCS Falcon
4. (Here's the vague part as usual) Exclusive sales and deal, including free shipping on $75 orders.

While most of this isn't a great shock to any of us, I thought I throw this up since they sent out the cards... I can't wait to see what sets go on sale however..... XD
that guy

Re: Official May 3rd/4th Announcement

Postby sidersdd » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Is this in-store as well? Or just lego.com?
sidersdd

Postby popnfresh » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Calendar says in store and online
popnfresh

Postby sidersdd » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:41 pm

that guy wrote:I got the official post card from Lego today for the May 3rd/4th promotions. Here's what it lists:
4. (Here's the vague part as usual) Exclusive sales and deal, including free shipping on $75 orders.

While most of this isn't a great shock to any of us, I thought I throw this up since they sent out the cards... I can't wait to see what sets go on sale however..... XD

And just to clarify - that's a free Shadow Arf Trooper with a $75 *Star Wars* purchase, right?

I can't recall - are the summer Star Wars sets usually out by the May 4th event?
sidersdd

Postby SDIronClaw » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:48 pm

sidersdd wrote:
that guy wrote:I got the official post card from Lego today for the May 3rd/4th promotions. Here's what it lists:

And just to clarify - that's a free Shadow Arf Trooper with a $75 *Star Wars* purchase, right?

I can't recall - are the summer Star Wars sets usually out by the May 4th event?

As far as I was tracking it is a $75.00 Star Wars purchase to get the figure, which sucks since I have most of all the sets. I believe the summer line comes out in June, probably just in time for Lego Star Wars Days at Legoland. I would take May though, if they decided to release early, although doubtful. I just can't wait for the UCS SSD to come out this fall.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Re: [US] LEGO S@H/Store - Official May 3rd/4th Announcement

Postby Brickweiser » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Is this only US?
Brickweiser

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:42 am

Should be anywhere that LEGO has a country specific S@H site, so Canada, UK, various other countries in the EU, etc. Last year (I think) some lucky Canadians benefited from a pricing mistake on LEGO's part - instead of 25% off the UCS Falcon price, they got it for 25% of the MSRP. :shock: for them, :facepalm: for TLG. I'll bet somebody got fired or demoted for that one.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby sabriyo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:34 am

Mofo Jones wrote:Should be anywhere that LEGO has a country specific S@H site, so Canada, UK, various other countries in the EU, etc. Last year (I think) some lucky Canadians benefited from a pricing mistake on LEGO's part - instead of 25% off the UCS Falcon price, they got it for 25% of the MSRP. :shock: for them, :facepalm: for TLG. I'll bet somebody got fired or demoted for that one.

I ordered 8 UCS Falcon but only got 2 at that price. I won't complain!
sabriyo

Postby mrfootball » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Any speculation or information as to what sets will be on sale and for how much?
mrfootball

Postby Inzane » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:05 pm

What the *bleep* is a "Shadow Arf Trooper"?? :S
Inzane

Postby cas » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:25 pm

It's an elite trooper specifically and extensively trained to covertly pick up doggy (or Ewok, we don't know for sure, since it's classified) doodoo in parks all around the Republic. Arf arf arf.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Bellicose » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Inzane wrote:What the *bleep* is a "Shadow Arf Trooper"?? :S

ARF trooper in black armor. Duh.
Bellicose

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:18 pm

A gimmick to try to get people to spend $75 on LEGO so they can get a minifigure of a character they've never heard of before.

Obviously. ;)
Last edited by Mister Ed on Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Ed

Postby schlectus » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Mister Ed wrote:

A gimmick to try to get people to $75 on LEGO so they can get a minifigure of a character they've never heard of before.

Obviously. ;)

Sigh...he's right. :'( And it's totally going to work on me because I'm quite sheep-like. :facepalm:
My Bricklink store: Pyramid Deliveries
schlectus

Postby Brickweiser » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:11 am

Mofo Jones wrote:Should be anywhere that LEGO has a country specific S@H site, so Canada, UK, various other countries in the EU, etc. Last year (I think) some lucky Canadians benefited from a pricing mistake on LEGO's part - instead of 25% off the UCS Falcon price, they got it for 25% of the MSRP. :shock: for them, :facepalm: for TLG. I'll bet somebody got fired or demoted for that one.

Yea, I took advantage of that and ordered one, while my brother ordered the other. It was amazing.
Brickweiser

Postby Aharown » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Brickweiser wrote:

Yea, I took advantage of that and ordered one, while my brother ordered the other. It was amazing.

Don't rub it in. I was working until 11pm that night, and when I came home I thought "I should check out the sale". I then said to myself, "Nah, the deals will still be on in the morning".

:facepalm: to me, XD to those who got the deals.

I wonder what this year will hold, though. Hopefully some great deals. I still don't have the dropship or the UCS shuttle.
<><
Aharown

Postby hatcher » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:05 am

I too am hoping for a repeat of last years "mistake" but I would be floored if that kind of thing happened again. Here's hoping for a $75 Death Star! XD
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:04 am

Mofo Jones wrote:Last year (I think) some lucky Canadians benefited from a pricing mistake on LEGO's part - instead of 25% off the UCS Falcon price, they got it for 25% of the MSRP.

I got in on that sweeeeeeet deal too last year. Got me a UCS Falcon (which I never would have bought otherwise) and a Dropship for about the third of the regular price of the Falcon.

I'm not expecting that a similar mistake will be made again this year, but who knows? So you can be sure I'll be on LEGO's website at Midnight this year again.
Daz Hoo

Postby mrfootball » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Is it Midnight Eastern Time (US) or is it Midnight Greenwich Mean time? When does this sale go live?
mrfootball

Postby PocasNuckie » Sun May 01, 2011 4:13 am

It would be definetly nice to have an idea on what time it goes up.

I don't want to wake up in the morning and see it's all gone, like I have a few times. It's depressing, really.

Cheers
You know, Uncle Scrooge baths on his money, I bath on 1x1 Plates!
PocasNuckie

Next

Return to Finds/Deals