Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NEW UPDATES!] Portal 2 announced, I need to change my pants

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: [NEW UPDATES!] Portal 2 announced, I need to change my pants

Postby Solo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Image
Solo

Re: [NEW UPDATES!] Portal 2 announced, I need to change my pants

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Uh, oh. The more I see, the more awesome this looks AND the more I start to doubt whether I will be able to even run it on my system. Yet, being unemployed, I am not likely to be upgrading any time soon. DRAT!
Mister Ed

Re: [NEW UPDATES!] Portal 2 announced, I need to change my p

Postby CloneEmperor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:29 am

For those of you who don't know, Portal 2 became available last night, and my first impressions are that it is incredible. Anything else I have to say falls under the heading of spoilers so therefore:

Spoiler: show
I love how vindictive GLaDOS is. All the petty barbs and bitter comments crack me up. Also, yay for the Companion Cube's reappearance!
CloneEmperor

Postby dWhisper » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:43 am

Non game spoiler and all, but if you own a PS3, prepare for some completely unsatisfying experiences around actually playing the game. It's been sitting in my drive for an hour now, and much like other games I've seen on the console (Uncharted 2, I'm looking at you), it wants to install. And install, and configure, and install, and install.

Of that one hour, I got about 2 minutes of gameplay. Buy it for PC or 360 if you have the chance.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Iare Tosevite » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Dang! I need to get money to buy this. :P
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Draykov » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 pm

Looking forward to picking this up sometime soon.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Cali » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 pm

If only I wasn't spending all my money on my car. Guess I'd better get another job.
Cali

Postby Solo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:28 pm

Oh look my thread! Forgot about this, thanks for bumping it.

Started playing it the night it came out and beat it the next day... I skipped work on Tuesday of course, gotta have your priorities straight kids! Even more fun and humorous than the original. Longer, not by much mind you, and somewhat easier overall felt. Only a few challenges stumped me and that's completely my fault for missing the obvious and spending a half hour each time way over thinking alternate routes. Tried a little of the co-op yesterday and wasn't too impressed but I'll give it another shot. Bottom line, and to once more parrot the entirely over-used quote, huge success.

Spoiler: show
Lemons rant mp3 because it hasn't gotten old yet, and my current ringtone courtesy of the personality sphere at the end.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby cas » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Heads up for those wanting Portal 2: this Sunday, if you have a Kmart nearby (or if it's in this weekend's newspaper ads, just price match it at Best Buy or Walmart), they'll have Portal 2 for $34.99. I've been putting off getting this this game hoping for a deal, and there it is!
cas
Staff Writer

Previous

Return to BCS 2.0