Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Parts Draft Numero Dos!

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

Re: FBTB Parts Draft Numero Dos: Europe!

Postby mldynes » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:15 pm

I'd like to waitlist.
mldynes

Postby legomatt » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Out of interest, is it possible that the time-difference could have played a part in the slow uptake? Speaking as a Brit, I just checked to see what the buzz is on my fave site (fbtb) only to find the post announcing Europe closed, and i had to scroll down to see the news piece about it. For me, in the UK, it seemed as though in less than 24 hours, the news had both broke and got closed since i'd last checked in the previous day. (I doubt it literally got closed that quickly, but it just seemed like it did).

By way of an example, whenever a news piece breaks at say from 12noon to 3pm US time, it will be 5pm to 8pm UK (and many of us may have done our daily fbtb check by then, and shut down for the night). So we often don't read the breaking US news until its 24 hours 'old'. So, continuing the example, if I check in at say 12 noon(ish) UK time the next day, and then discover all the 'news', it is often already many pieces down the page - and if i respond to it, my US friends see that response at about 7 or 8am US time, making it appear that the response had taken a whole day and night since the news broke... and if you think that's bad, imagine how 'behind' a guy gets if he doesn't switch the computer on for one whole day... :shock:

Anyway, I might be wrong, but just thought i'd throw that out there.
legomatt

Postby onions » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Yeah, i think we might have closed it a bit early. Ry's not online else i'd chat with him about it. If you're interested in participating and you're in europe, speak up.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby onions » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:24 pm

I guess LEGO World being in full swing probably had something to do with the low registration count as well. Forgot about that.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Andi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:57 am

onions wrote:Yeah, i think we might have closed it a bit early.

One day we Europeans should organize something for you West coasters and then close it 2 hours after posting.
Who cares about the 9 hours time difference.
;) :p ;)
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Chief » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:28 am

I am *very* keenly aware of the time zone difference, matt and Andi. The last few days I had a post-it note on my monitor at work saying "+9" so I would remember to account for the difference. The draft was open from 6 am till 8 pm London time. Pardon me for thinking that was enough time when the last draft filled up IN ONE HOUR. I'm not feeling a lot of sympathy right now, especially when the remaining slots filled up in about an hour and a half after opening it to North Americans.

Unless a dozen or more people step up and express the same complaints, I feel perfectly justified in my decision, especially since I had to front the money.
Chief

Postby Andi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:14 am

Sorry if I offended you with my jokily remark, Ry.
I have seen the posting when it was still open, but I wanted to give other Europeans the chance to enter, because I attended the last draft.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby yohowie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:06 am

I would like a spot on the waiting list...or would you consider adding on to the number of sets?
yohowie

Re: FBTB Parts Draft Numero Dos!

Postby King » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:03 pm

I would love a spot on the waitlist as well.

King
FBTB member before 9/1/11? You get 3% off everything in my Bricklink store. Just PM me on FBTB before you order and note it on your BL order.
King

Postby Bubblyhai » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:01 am

Maybe we should have a poll for the Euro ppls to see how many of them would like to do a draft next time?
Bubblyhai

Postby Joedward » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:55 am

If any of the first 10 posters do not pay their fee within the timeframe, the next person in line gets their spot in the draft.

Sorry guys, completely lost track of time, God knows why I didn't send earlier.
Maybe next time. Ryan, thanks for the opportunity anyway.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Chief » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:23 pm

Joedward is out. Email being sent to the first on the waitlist: MrCRSkater
Chief

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Chief wrote:Joedward and ThatGuyWithTheBricks are out. Emails are being sent to the first two people on the waitlist: MrCRSkater and J30Spiff

Derp didn't you get my payment? I sent it at like 11:50 EST time today.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Chief » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Sorry about that, trying to right everything now. I thought that payment was for someone else.
Chief

Postby AwesomeTaylor » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:07 am

Hi!

I know your rules say you have to join before Feb 17th - but I only just found out about this site and this seems like fun! If there is a spot open and needing to be filled, I'd love to take it!

I got back into Lego at christmas when my GF bought me the Grand Emporium - I missed this site as I thought it was all Star Wars stuff!
I use IRC on my phone so I am available any time and any day for the draft. Feel free to contact me if you want more info, and I totally understand if I can't participate because I'm new :)

Thanks for considering me!

Alan
AwesomeTaylor

Postby Chief » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:01 am

Our final participants:
Darth Mitz
MrCRSkater
Impending Doom
JD4M
Chief
Mr.Anderson
Bubblyhai
ThatGuyWithTheBricks
Doodlebird
SwooshFactor

Thanks to everyone who sent in their payment as well as their availability schedules. At first glance the times are all over the place, but hopefully I can figure something out. I'll let you guys know as soon as I get it worked out.
Chief

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:19 am

I've got an update on my schedule: Wednesday is out of the question, but now Thursday is totally free. Sunday wouldn't be a good day either.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Lazerblade » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:25 am

This might be a strange question to be asking. I am not 100% sure what goes on in the parts draft. Could someone help me out and explain? :D Thanks.
Lazerblade

Postby Chief » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 am

AwesomeTaylor wrote:I know your rules say you have to join before Feb 17th - but I only just found out about this site and this seems like fun! If there is a spot open and needing to be filled, I'd love to take it!

The spots are all filled, and we have been sticking to the rules pretty religiously to avoid any problems. Glad you joined the site out of interest in the draft; you will be eligible for the next one!

Lazerblade wrote:I am not 100% sure what goes on in the parts draft. Could someone help me out and explain?

Please read the second post of this topic.
Chief

Postby Lazerblade » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:32 am

Chief wrote:
Lazerblade wrote:I am not 100% sure what goes on in the parts draft. Could someone help me out and explain?

Please read the second post of this topic.

Thanks Chief! I read it and now under stand. :D Sounds really cool. I think I will do this next time. ;)
Lazerblade

PreviousNext

Return to Community Features