Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Toy Fair This Sunday!

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Toy Fair This Sunday!

Postby Staff » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:52 am

LEGO 2011 Collectors Party

In a few hours, I'll be boarding a plane with fellow Bothan Ryan Wood and headed out to New York, NY to attend Toy Fair. Keep your eyes peeled on this page for updates or dial your browser to FBTB's flickr account right here. By my approximation, we'll begin uploading somewhere around 12 noon EST on Sunday February 13. Excited? I know I am. What are you looking forward to the most? Leave a message in the forum thread!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/02/11/toy-fair-this-sunday/
Staff

Re: Toy Fair This Sunday!

Postby DarthR2-D2 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:07 am

I guess I'll be the first to reply...I'm mostly looking forward to Sith Infiltrator and Millennium Falcon (both Star Wars). I never got any of their precursors.
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious
DarthR2-D2

Postby sstoroe » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:24 am

I would like to know if they are releasing a new modular house?
sstoroe

Postby eriochrome » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:17 am

Falcon and Inflitrator play features, Anymore minifigs in Advent calendar, New Winter Village set?
eriochrome

Postby Novastinger » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:35 am

For me personally, I'd love to see some more detailed photos of the Millennium Falcon, especially the interior. Also the rpg-like game Heroica has me intrigued, and of course any details about Echo Base or the Naboo fighter would be great, though I doubt they'll be on display.
Novastinger

Postby UOldPirate » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:51 am

sstoroe wrote:I would like to know if they are releasing a new modular house?

I second that! I'm hoping Lego uses the NY Toy Fair to announce a new one. <fingers crossed> If not, another surprise like the Republic Dropship from a few years ago would do.
UOldPirate

Postby Draykov » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 am

I'd like to see more of the Alien Conquest line, the new Castle sets and of course the summer wave of Star Wars sets. I'd also be interested to see a new modular building (Cafe Corner/Green Grocer/Fire Brigade/Grand Emporium) and whatever other heretofore unseen surprises may come out of the NY toy fair. Have fun guys!
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Can't wait! I love your coverage!
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Crusader » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:13 pm

The new Falcon is my key interest. In particular, see if they will let you swoosh it a bit.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby Bellicose » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Extra pics of the Sith Infiltrator, Republic Frigate and Falcon would be great - so far all we've had is box art. As much exterior detail as possible if you can...esp the rear of the frigate.

Some shots to behold the glory ugliness of the Dathomir Sith Speeder would be great...
Bellicose

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Crusader wrote:The new Falcon is my key interest. In particular, see if they will let you swoosh it a bit.

Swoosh it, and then run out with it. :P
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby meeotch » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:38 pm

I'm most looking forward to hearing about you collecting on that footrub from Ryan.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Gekibrick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Will be there this Sunday as I live in NYC. Gee, I didn't know Lego was gonna be there though and why so early?
Gekibrick

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:21 pm

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! :lol:

I'm looking forward to all the licensed sets.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby Tyrant » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Draykov wrote:I'd like to see more of the Alien Conquest line, the new Castle sets and of course the summer wave of Star Wars sets. I'd also be interested to see a new modular building (Cafe Corner/Green Grocer/Fire Brigade/Grand Emporium) and whatever other heretofore unseen surprises may come out of the NY toy fair. Have fun guys!

I second this. Also, a request to keep an eye out to see if we are getting anything to take the place/compliment the Medieval Market Village which I assume will be retired at some point in the near future.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby snowspeeder pilot » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:17 pm

I hope the rumor set 7879 Hoth Echo Base it make come true, so please any information or picture will be great! :D
If this rumor is true, imagine if this set came with General Rieekan, Wes Janson and why not Toryn Farr.
Thank you!
snowspeeder pilot

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:45 am

Will the updates be as news posts (I follow the sites RSS feed) or should I subscribe to replies on this thread?

Thanks for feeding us info, BTW, its pretty awesome that you guys will be posting it all.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby Ondra » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:35 am

Please I like to see some photos of technic.Especially set 8081 extreme cruiser, if there will be.
Ondra

Postby Andi » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:39 am

Have fun!
I look forward to every photo you upload. Seeing what wonderful job you did in the last two years, I know that you will make great photos from all the nice things Lego will display :-)
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby batsamd » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:23 am

I hope both of you have a safe trip and not to much hassle with security or the weather.
batsamd

Next

Return to Star Wars