Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack

View comments and rate sets in this forum.

Rating

22%
33%
33%
11%

Total votes : 9

8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack

Postby Staff » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 am

Rate this set using the poll options above.

You may add a mini review and comments by following the format below:

Pros: It's awesome!

Cons: It sucks!

Comments: Comments go here.

Please be brief and concise. Any posts not following this format will be deleted. If you're interested in submitting a full review, please visit our reviews forum.

Set Guide Entry: 8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack
Staff

Re: 8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack

Postby Draykov » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Pros: new AT-AT driver helmet; most practical brick-built BP companion yet (speeder bike)

Cons: same old blasters getting boring; lame little SAM station

Comments: Some may question the inclusion of an AT-AT driver, but since system AT-ATs only come with one, I see it as a boon for MOCers. The little one-man surface-to-air missile station is goofy, but it includes some decent parts and is balanced by the inclusion of an honest-to-goodness SW vehicle
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Pros: Cheap access to snowtroopers, Hoth drivers, and imperial leaders. High playability.
Cons: Cons?
Comments: This pack is arguably the first to grant us FOL's with large-scale access to snowtroopers, and is certainly the cheapest you're gonna come by drivers for your imperial Hoth vehicles. Just a few of these and you'll be able to fill out an entire platoon of AT-AT's and AT-ST's. Better yet, you'll also have commanders for all your forces, too! I also give this one points for having the most playability straight out of the box. The speeder bike is legit, and the funky little ground station is kinda fun. The flick-fire missile ain't too bad, either (y'know, for a flick-fire missile. . .).
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby meeotch » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:29 pm

Pros: almost everything about it.

Cons: Having 50% of the included minifigs be ones needed in much smaller quantities than the Snowtroopers.

Comments: From the "I wish" files, this set would have been a perfect opportunity to try a blind-pack system where one of the figs was either the AT-AT driver or Veers (don't care if he's technically not Veers, I say it is) and a third Snowtrooper was included, but c'est la vie. Other than that, this is probably the best battle pack to date. That snowspeeder is awesome!
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Bubblyhai » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:48 am

Pro: Snow Speeder and the helmets for the snow trooper are great.

Con: Don’t like the mini station.

Comments: The set was OK IMO. I always happy to get more SW figures but I wasn’t too excited about this set. I don’t like the flicker-fire missile in any set. But I was happy to receive it as a gift thou.
Bubblyhai

Return to Star Wars Set Guide: Ratings and Comments