Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Who Are You?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Who Are You?

Postby errbt » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Big C wrote:
errbt wrote:
Big C wrote:OMGBRIANHAI!!!! XD

For about a sec I was thinking "Big C? How do they know my name" until it hit me: "HAS to be Cello Colin!" How have you been? :D

Ha! Totally didn't think about that. Yup, it's me! I'm great, man, thanks. Finally graduated college, got hitched, and life is pretty dang sweet. Is your Falcon still together?

Great to hear! Sounds like you've "taken your first step into a larger world"...or apparently, lots of giant steps! ;) Congrats!

As for the Falcon, well...define "together" :shock:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=233143

I made a large amount of progress a few winters back, staying up some (OK, a bunch of) manic sleepless nights (I don't know why, but I can never seem to get into flow until late at night...just like studying for a test in college LOL), stripping it down to it's basic innards and reworking and strengthening the main support structure, as well as adding some new details, but then it stalled and nothing has been added since these pics...and the rear has never been (re)finished, so it's back to being about 3/4 of a ship, ironic as that's how it spent it's first 12 or so years of existence back when I didn't have enough pieces to complete it! :|

Maybe when Pepa revealed his final version 3.0 (which puts even the UCS to shame, IMO) it sort of made me feel like I wasn't gonna be able to match it, so I stopped bothering. I dunno if/when I'll get the time/space/motivation to ever really "finish" it...

but I'll never get rid of it, either. ;)
errbt

Postby Big C » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:34 pm

Ha, understandable. It'd still be cool to see you (re)finish it someday, so here's hoping! My Outlander is still together. It's in a box somewhere, but it's still together. :)
Big C

Postby Stormtroopertj » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:23 am

Hello, I'm Stormtroopertj, I'm from Waseca, Minnesota, 14yrs of age, i'm mostly into LSW, I make new creation every day, so yeah, oh, and I'm the storm trooper man everywhere to. XD
I freak people out.
Stormtroopertj

Postby Lazerblade » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Hello TJ. Welcome to FBTB. Nice to see you here also. ;)
Lazerblade

Postby Erahtapivar » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Wow. I thought I had posted here already, but I guess not.
Here I go, one year after joining. :facepalm:

My name is Ravi, and I reside in central Wisconsin. I've been playing with LEGO since I was three, and have been watching Star Wars since when I was about eight. I'm a 10th grade student who plays the cello, plays tennis, writes a tri-weekly webcomic on my website, and of course, loves everybody's favorite plastic building bricks.

Some of my friends know about my geeky hobby, but most don't, so I've managed to stay out of garbage cans for the last 8 years.
"Reality continues to ruin my life."--Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

"College or Bust!" at http://www.odddoodles.webs.com!
Erahtapivar

Postby Stormtroopertj » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Lazerblade wrote:Hello TJ. Welcome to FBTB. Nice to see you here also. ;)

Hey Lazer, wait you'r here too! :shock:
Thanks for the welcome. XD
I freak people out.
Stormtroopertj

Postby The Brain » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Erahtapivar wrote:My name is Ravi, and I reside in central Wisconsin...

Given that, is your username just your first and last named combined then reversed? :p
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Erahtapivar » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:34 pm

The Brain wrote:
Erahtapivar wrote:My name is Ravi, and I reside in central Wisconsin...

Given that, is your username just your first and last named combined then reversed? :p

Yes; yes it is. I thought that it was an interesting way to create a unique username. It usually takes people longer than that to realize, you were pretty quick.
"Reality continues to ruin my life."--Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

"College or Bust!" at http://www.odddoodles.webs.com!
Erahtapivar

Postby The Brain » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Yes, they (that is, I) don't call me The Brain for nothing.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Isaac5 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:44 am

I'm totally new here, I have a very small lego collection(and I mean very small) and I was "Booooooooorn in the U S A!" :lol: Haha, I'm so funny! You may know my as Isaac5 on the BCN(Brick Comic Network), or as spyguysaac11 on YouTube, or as Isaac5 on many other websites. I wrote a Brick Built webcomic, and than stopped because I didn't go about it the right way, I will be rebooting it eventually. I will share the reboot in my signature once it is in existence.
Isaac5

Postby Macoco » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Hello my name is Macoco, yes I do have a real life name, but I am not about to disclose that to you unless you order from my Bricklink store XD . Star Wars is one of my favorite LEGO themes. However I have laid off buying and talking about it since the introduction of the Clone Wars Animated figures. I am sure that is a debate here so I will not go further into it. However I still do like the sets, and have grown more tolerable to the figs since the first initial shock. I like the Show and have seen all the first season episodes but not any of the second. My favorite Star Wars Movie is a split between "Revenge of the Sith" and the "Empire Strikes Back". The last LEGO Star Wars set I bought was 2 8018 AATs. Some things on my mind currently are when are they going to release the White Boba Fett in the USA, buying a jetpack clone trooper and will there be a dark saber in the mandalorian battle pack of 2011.
Also what happened to the cool predefined FBTB avatars? :(

"other" LEGO sites I am currently a member of: Bricklink, Brickshelf, Brickset and Eurobricks.

See you around the Boards! :)

And "May the Force be with you"
(How could I not include a Star wars sign off? :p )
Macoco

Postby Krataka » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Hello everyone, my name's Krataka and I'm a die-hard lego fan (and I suppose by the name of the forum and banner, everyone else is too). As you can see, I kinda like Bionicle, but I'll be careful. I still love Star Wars and many other lego themes. I hope to have a great time here and meet many new people!

- Warm Regards,
Krataka, FBTB's Newest TFOL
Krataka

Postby JCC » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Hello, I'm JCC1004. Some of you may know me from Eurobricks or Flickr. Seeing a lot of new faces. It's nice to be a part of FBTB. This site did kick off my return to LEGO. :)
JCC

Postby lowlead » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Hello again everyone,

lowlead (pronounced lo-led) is a college nickname given to me under circumstances that I would go back and change if given the opportunity :x

ANYway, I've been lowlead since those heady, innocent early days of FBTB back when Big C was cello collin, and errbt obsessively modded his UCS Falcon in the wee hours - paying excruciating attention to scale - HA! Hey guys, you still out there?? Collin used to call me propeller boy, and I've been traumatized by that cruelty ever since :D

I never stopped collecting sets, but it has been some time since I MOCed anything...my gallery hasn't seen any new additions since early 2007 when I made v4.0 of my UCS AT-AT. Since then I have gone underground somewhat, but I continually marvel at all the staggeringly cool creations out there. The stuff people are building today makes my gallery look very old-school and amateur. Oh well, out with the old 'n such. I certainly hope to return to MOCing, even if it's the occasional tweak of existing stuff...my AT-AT could use some updated feet! I would also like to open a Bricklink store some day, but that's on the back burner for now. I was at one time on the FBTB Straight Shooter's List, but fell off the wagon due to inactivity.

So, to those whom I have not met: Howdy! To Big C: I, too, frequent a place near D and FW...a.k.a. Dallas/Ft. Worth International. Beer? I'm buyin.'

-Matt
lowlead

Postby Joedward » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:26 pm

lowlead wrote:...The stuff people are building today makes my gallery look very old-school and amateur...

But still so awesome, don't forget the awesome.
I still <3 your Sith Infiltrator. Great to see you back on the boards.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby errbt » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:03 am

lowlead wrote:Hello again everyone,

lowlead (pronounced lo-led) is a college nickname given to me under circumstances that I would go back and change if given the opportunity :x

ANYway, I've been lowlead since those heady, innocent early days of FBTB back when Big C was cello collin, and errbt obsessively modded his UCS Falcon in the wee hours - paying excruciating attention to scale - HA! Hey guys, you still out there?? Collin used to call me propeller boy, and I've been traumatized by that cruelty ever since :D

I never stopped collecting sets, but it has been some time since I MOCed anything...my gallery hasn't seen any new additions since early 2007 when I made v4.0 of my UCS AT-AT. Since then I have gone underground somewhat, but I continually marvel at all the staggeringly cool creations out there. The stuff people are building today makes my gallery look very old-school and amateur. Oh well, out with the old 'n such. I certainly hope to return to MOCing, even if it's the occasional tweak of existing stuff...my AT-AT could use some updated feet! I would also like to open a Bricklink store some day, but that's on the back burner for now. I was at one time on the FBTB Straight Shooter's List, but fell off the wagon due to inactivity.

So, to those whom I have not met: Howdy! To Big C: I, too, frequent a place near D and FW...a.k.a. Dallas/Ft. Worth International. Beer? I'm buyin.'

-Matt

Matt, great to see you back around! I came back to the fold myself (mainly in an occasional guest appearance capacity) a few months back. The Falcon has been in mothballs for years (after it was dismantled down to the basic innards and rebuilt, but never finished) and I don't keep up with new sets any more, but it's always fun to keep an eye on what's coming out and the custom work going on around here. I'd love to see any updates you've got on your great AT-AT among other old work!

From what I've seen, Collin and Pete (Darth Sillyus) are still here, but as with me, not in the same constant presence as the old days. There's also Joedward, and a handful of other friendly names I remember from years past, carrying the torch. Now we just need to get Gareth (Guybrush) to crank back up his elite level USC custom work, and balance will be restored! ;)

Brian
errbt

Postby doodguy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Hello, my username is pretty meaningless... just something my dorm mates and I called each other in college.

I was born in the early 70s and my very first Lego sets were Police Headquarter (585) and Advanced Basic Set (910). I believe they were too expensive for my then single mother to afford so she had her sister (my aunt) buy them in the US and send them up to Canada.

Lego was my favorite toy from age 6 to 11. It's all I wanted for Christmas and birthdays, but cost was always an issue so I received at most 1-2 sets per year until I started losing interest at around age 12-13.

Once the space sets starting coming out in 1978/79 I was hooked. I can't even tell you how many hours I played with my Space Transporter (924). I swear I memorized the instructions to that set. I could probably build it from memory today. Other Space sets followed. I remember Star Fleet Voyager (6929) (NIB sets now go for $400 on flea-bay!)

About that time I started get much more interested in 1/35 scale Tamiya plastic models, etc.

from age 12 until the end of graduate school I didn't think much about lego. I would play smashup with my younger brother when home for summer break or Christmas (it was sort of an early human-powered version of a robot wars. A violent game of engineering prowess. each contestant builds their strongest Lego car, which are then hurled at each other for a head-on collision. Last car still functioning wins.), but that was about it. He had inherited my Lego collection and I'd moved on.

skip forward until 2005-ish when I noticed the hugest Lego ship I'd ever seen in my life sitting on a shelf in a colleagues office. He had the Imperial Star Destroyer (10030) on display on his bookshelf. I was completely blown away. I didn’t even realize Star Wars and Lego were “a thing”. I immediately told my wife about my Lego revelation and she remembered because that Christmas she bought me the Tie Fighter (7263). I think the following Christmas she really went over the top and got the Enzo Ferrari 1:10 (8653) set for me. That was really a fun kit for me to put together. Now my kids are always asking for me to bring the Ferrari down so they can play with it.

Anyways to make a long story short I have two boys (5 and 3) and all 3 of us are totally hooked on Lego. I’m continually amazed by the quality and creativity of the MOCs that people post here and at brothers-brick and the other Lego sites. I’m really glad that I’ve emerged from my dark days and am once again basking in the glory of Lego. My checking account, however, is a hurtingunit... but you can always make more money eh?
doodguy

Postby Xeta » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Anyone remember me from the old forums? :D
Xeta

Postby theJudeAbides » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Xeta wrote:Anyone remember me from the old forums? :D

Vaguely. What took you so long?
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby badgerboy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 am

Howdy All!
Been posting here about a week (after having registered in the first few days of these re-vamped board).

I used to frequent the old forums quite often (as Badgerboy also)... the new podracer contest reeled me in to start posting here again.

I'd been lurking recently down to fact that I've renewed my interest (yet) again because I finally got around to building the UCS Millennium Falcon.
What a joy that set is!

For those that care enough to want or need a reminder who I was on the old forum, here is a link to my old brickshelf folder... I doubt I'll migrate anything from it to my flickr though, new beginnings and all that.

I'm looking forward to building more stuff and being involved in the AFOL community again. See you around!
new flickr folder
old brickshelf
badgerboy

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0