Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Harry Potter] Front of Hogwarts

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Harry Potter] Front of Hogwarts

Postby Tohst » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Always a work in progress but I've got my front of Hogwarts to the point I'm willing to display.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14802561@N05/sets/72157602353726691/

Comments and criticism are always welcome.

Thanks,
Tohst
Tohst
Staff Writer

Re: [Harry Potter] Front of Hogwarts

Postby Solo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:13 pm

That's rather impressive! How long did it take you to get this far, and are you planning on finishing it off completely or just building sections?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Tohst » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Solo wrote:That's rather impressive! How long did it take you to get this far, and are you planning on finishing it off completely or just building sections?

Thanks!

Definately planning on finishing Hogwarts or at least enough to make it look like a full castle. At the flickr page I have the north tower and dining room (old version).

My current issue is I'm not sure how to fit everything together anymore as my inspriation photos have too much castle to ever complete so I have to find a way to refactor.

I started this piece a few months ago. Recent life changes haven't given me much time for Lego.

-Tohst
Tohst
Staff Writer

Postby Firespray » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:36 pm

Fraking epic, that spiral staircase looks awesome :shock:
Firespray

Postby SkwerlJones » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Coler me impressed. Erase that, color me stunned! That looks fantastic, even if you don't finnish the whole thing. The only thing that detracts from this marvel is the front landscape, which seems to be lacking. Obviously it isn't your main priority at the moment, so good luck to you and the rest of this project. I can't wait to see how it comes along and how you manage the interior.
They're all wasted!
SkwerlJones

Postby Jake » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:42 am

That looks great, nice detailing above the door. Also, I like that you integrated windows into the curved walls. Keep building! :)
Jake

Postby brick kid » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:21 am

OH MY GOD. I cryed when I saw this. All I can thing of doing is build a Hogwarts now XD
brick kid

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:18 am

Tohst wrote:Definately planning on finishing Hogwarts or at least enough to make it look like a full castle. At the flickr page I have the north tower and dining room (old version).
-Tohst

Can't wait to see pictures of this as you continue your project. Based on how awesome this is at the moment, I'm very interested to see what the end result will be.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby Legostein » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:09 pm

It's great to see different building techniques now from other themes, which are usually more rare for Star Wars / Space creations. Like the technique you used for building round towers. An excellent idea! :D

Thanks for sharing,

~ Chris
Legostein

Postby sarahex » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:01 am

How come the Harry Potter books became so popular? What makes the Harry Potter stories to great? I am writing a book on the same genre and really I dont see the alure in Harry Potter books. Is it the school setting to where school kids can relate?
Last edited by sarahex on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sarahex

Postby Flynn » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:38 pm

There's no real "allure" to them, they're just really well-written books with developed characters and a cohesive plot. Not much more to it than that.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Veers » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:43 pm

First off: I'm really sorry I missed this one the first time around. Splendid work!

Second:
sarahex wrote:How come the Harry Potter books became so popular? What makes the Harry Potter stories to great? I am writing a book on the same genre and really I dont see the alure in Harry Potter books. Is it the school setting to where school kids can relate?

Really? You resurrected a thread for that? I know you're new here, but please at least make a comment somewhat relevant to the creation, not what it came from if you're going to do that kind of thing.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase