Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego train set 7897

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Lego train set 7897

Postby dav1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:50 pm

I have a train set 7897. Can I get extra cars anywhere? I checked Ebay, but found only a custom car. Not sure about that. Any help would be great.

Happy holidays to all.
dav1

Re: Lego train set 7897

Postby Mos_Eisley » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:42 pm

No, there aren't any official sets of extra cars for this train. Your best bet is probably just creating a list of the parts you need to make the passenger car and order them from BrickLink.
Mos_Eisley

Postby dav1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:53 pm

OK. Will look into that.

Thanks
dav1

Postby dav1 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:59 pm

So I went to look for parts. Would it be easier if I ordered replacement parts from Lego. com?
dav1

Postby banthafodder » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:15 pm

If they have the parts available then that might be the easiest way but they don't always have them.
banthafodder

Postby Draykov » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:27 am

Normally, I'd recommend that you go to Bricklink, search for 7897 for the set you want, select the "part out" option under "on wanted lists" and create a specific wanted list for the parts from that set. You'll need to become a member if you're not already to create a wanted list and shop there. If you're not familiar with Bricklink, think of it as the Amazon Marketplace for LEGO. Lots of third party sellers hocking their wares.

One hurdle is that you don't want the whole set, you just want the parts for the car. You could do the above process, then download the instructions for 7897 and determine (by cross-referencing with the set inventory on Bricklink) which parts you could then remove from your Bricklink 7897 wanted list, but that would take some time. That seems to be the best/most cost effective method from my point of view though.

By creating a specific wishlist for the parts you need in Bricklink, you can help to minimize the number of sellers/transactions you'll be dealing with and save on shipping. Bricklink tends to be cheaper than buying from LEGO pick-a-brick online on a per piece basis. That said, if you want 100% guaranteed new brick and LEGO has all of the parts you're looking for, you could end up getting it all in one place from LEGO. You'll have to do some independent research to figure out which method is going to be best for you.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=7897-1
http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/Buildi ... fault.aspx
Hail Space!
Draykov

Return to Original Themes