Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Amazon's Plummeting Prices, Shipping Deadlines - Update 2

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Amazon's Plummeting Prices, Shipping Deadlines - Update 2

Postby Staff » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:47 am

7789 Lotso's Dump Truck

Update 2: Free Super Saver Shipping deadline in time for Christmas delivery has been extended to December 19.

Update: It seems the BOGO page has been taken down with a message saying that "this deal has expired." I pushed two Lotso's dump truck through to the final order screen and still saw a 25% discount. If you act fast enough before they change their code, you can still net the discount.

This might be one of the last updates I do for Amazon. Their window for Christmas delivery using Free Super Saver Shipping closes on December 17, which is tomorrow. So if you've been procrastinating about ordering stuff from Amazon, tomorrow would be your deadline to save on shipping and still get things in time for Christmas. Of course, if you have Amazon Prime, that's a whole other ball game. You can view their shipping schedule for more information.

One other thing you have to consider is that once an item that is sold and shipped by Amazon is sold out, third party vendors items become the default shopping option, and prices tend to shoot upwards once that happens. So with that, let's move on to the deals.

Amazon still has their BOGO 50% off page up and running. Scanning the deals, I've spotted a few sets that continue to go lower in price.

Remember, all the sets above qualify for the BOGO 50% off discount.

Not on BOGO, but:

• 7596 Trash Compactor Escape is discounted pretty nicely: $29, down $10 bucks and some change since our last mention.

• The price of 8038 The Battle of Endor has slowly but steadily been dropping the past few days. It currently stands at $82.24, down from $99.99. One of the best OT sets ever made.

• You can never have enough tauntauns, amirite? 7749 Echo Base is down to $21.19 with free 3-5 day standard shipping.

• And finally, In LEGO Duplo news, 5816 Mack's Road Trip is down to $29, down from $49.99.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/12/16/amazons-plummeting-prices-shipping-deadlines/
Staff

Re: Amazon's Plummeting Prices, Shipping Deadlines

Postby SH1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:55 am

a slight correction: both the Freeco Speeder and Anakin's Y-Wing are on the BOGO50 "Save Big" page.

another may be worth re-mentioning: Tie Defender is listed on the BOGO50 page at $39, which works out to $29.25 (%42 off) each if you buy two.
SH1

Postby onions » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:16 am

you are correct. this has been corrected.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Vegaxe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:17 am

Wowzers... wife is going to have to send me to lego crackhead rehabilitation after all these deals. :shock:
Vegaxe

Postby Chadillac » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:56 am

I’ve recently started collecting legos with my 2 sons. It’s my impression that Star Wars Legos very rarely go on sale. However, It seems like they’ve been going on sale left and right this Christmas. Am I correct?

Where else do you all like to read SW Lego news?
Chadillac

Postby Chief » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:26 am

If ever there were a time I wished I had boatloads of money sitting around, this is it. :(
Chief

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:29 am

Seconded. :(
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Inzane » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:37 am

If ever there were a time I wished I lived in the United States, this is it. :(
Inzane

Postby warpug » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:12 am

Battle of Endor (8038) continues to decay in price. Now shows $79.95 on Amazon as of 1212EST.
warpug

Postby SWLegoFanatic » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:24 am

Chadillac wrote:I’ve recently started collecting legos with my 2 sons. It’s my impression that Star Wars Legos very rarely go on sale. However, It seems like they’ve been going on sale left and right this Christmas. Am I correct?

Where else do you all like to read SW Lego news?

That's been my impression. I don't ever remember a time where there were so many discounts on Lego, much less Star Wars Lego. I guess a lousy economy will do that...
SWLegoFanatic

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:22 am

I think you hit the nail on the head. They must make a pretty good spread on Lego to discount them by that much...especially the Star Wars items. Seriously, taking advantage of 25% off at TRU PLUS their discount on the Solar Sailor was pretty impressive. One of the best Star Wars Lego deals for TRU. I'm hoping that the Toy Story stuff continues to drop as I'm banking on getting stuff a litttle bit cheaper.
Gooker1

Postby Darth Kooku » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:45 am

I don't pretend to know what the cost of producing or selling these sets is, but in my opinion, as of late it has all been over priced starting at the asking retail price. All of the Toy Stoy theme sets were over priced. Prince of Persia movie was a flop, thus hurting merchandising sales. Toys R Us mark ups over the already to high retail price is usually laughable. Add to all this, a failing world economy and you get 50% of of "retail" prices (over priced retail in my opinion). It seems almost like a game Lego and retailers have created of over pricing the starting retail price and then reducing them later through various programs, coupons deals, or daily deals.

Of course if you have the extra income, then these are exceptional deals. Considering the discounted price to piece count they are very good deals regardless if you like the set. If you don't have the extra cash just remember: Bankers will not accept payments in Lego. Lego also doesn't digest well in the stomach: you can't eat them.
Darth Kooku

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:47 am

Darth Kooku wrote:Bankers will not accept payments in Lego. Lego also doesn't digest well in the stomach: you can't eat them.

Ain't that the truth...I've tried. :)
Gooker1

Postby SWLegoFanatic » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:53 am

Ouch
SWLegoFanatic

Re: Amazon's Plummeting Prices, Shipping Deadlines - Update

Postby onions » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:50 pm

bogo page has been taken down but i'm still seeing the discount on the final order screen. hurry and order if you haven't done so already.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby onions » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Free Super Saver Shipping deadline in time for Christmas delivery has been extended to December 19.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby SH1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:12 pm

A [USA] Amazon update :

The BOGO50 page may be down, but some of the deals are still live. There is a (maybe new?) page up
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?i ... ag=fbtb-20
that advertises up to 60% off toys for boys. There is a section called 'construction' that has many lego sets listed. For the handful that I tested [PoP Quest Against Time, Gateway of the Squid, and of course Tantive IV] the BOGO50 was still working. Some of the prices are slightly higher than I recall from yesterday. In my experience, this occurs on amazon just before sets sell out.

Happy hunting.
SH1

Postby anakinisvader » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Freeco Speeder now down to $14.99 with a limit of 3 per customer.
anakinisvader

Postby mldynes » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:54 pm

It looks like the BOGO is offically over.
mldynes

Return to Finds/Deals