Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] It's That Time Again- 2011 Sets at Toys R Us!

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[US] It's That Time Again- 2011 Sets at Toys R Us!

Postby Staff » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:50 am

TRU Link

Gungan Set     Jedi Shuttle     Bounty Hunter Set

V-Wing Set     Mando Set     Clone BP

The new 2011 Star Wars, along with some Racers, Creator, City, and Atlantis are in stock on toysrus.com. Here are all the new listings. Call me crazy but I think they are at or close to MSRP too. If you are lucky enough to find them in stores, you can use the$10 off $50+ coupon, as it includes everything but Pharaoh's Quest. Knowing TRU's sneaky dealings, I wouldn't be surprised if they show up in-stores tomorrow, considering the coupon expires at the end of today.

Thanks Greg for e-mailing us the tip.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/12/11/us-its-that-time-again-2011-sets-at-toys-r-us/
Staff

Re: [US] It's That Time Again- 2011 Sets at Toys R Us!

Postby sidersdd » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 am

Coupon is in-store only. Anyone seeing these sets in stores?
sidersdd

Postby SDIronClaw » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:23 am

Im going there today, have to see if its true. Probably pick up the Mando and Clone BP's. Also going to check the Lego Store too.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Pellaeon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Nothing new in stock at my local TRU (SF Bay area). I printed out that $10 off $50 coupon, but with TRU's crazy Christmas markups, $10 off would maybe get the price down to MSRP... so I left empty-handed.
Pellaeon

Postby MisterFubar » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:40 pm

No SW sets at one of my local TRU(OP, KS) although they did have a lot of the new city sets, creator and Series 3 minifigs.

Got a free Ninjago headband, sticker and little sword holder set... Didn't know anything about that promo, but I never turn down a free set and my daughter had a blast spinning the little guys and "fighting" with another kid.

I've got all the new sets in my online cart and am having a real hard time not ordering them... Still not even sure I want the two larger sets but my frosted side keeps saying "New Sets! New Sets! MUST BUY NOW" :facepalm:

Pleasantly surprised on the pricing of them all, sure the piece/price ration sucks, but I was expecting the V-Wing to be 29, and the Naboo set to be 30, and all the rest to be at the next higher price point.
MisterFubar

Postby onions » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:33 pm

the prices you see now won't last very long. tru has a tendency to release sets at msrp and then bump them up when they remember they're in the business of taking advantage of the unwary consumer adding their own markup on top of msrp
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby MisterFubar » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:41 pm

onions wrote:the prices you see now won't last very long. tru has a tendency to release sets at msrp and then bump them up when they remember they're in the business of taking advantage of the unwary consumer adding their own markup on top of msrp

I was able to snag most of the sets last year before they put their own markup on them. This year I'll probably wait for Target or Walmart to stock them... might even wait on a sale.

Although if I stop by one of the local stores tomorrow and they have them out(without the additional TRU convenience fee) I likely won't be able to resist.
MisterFubar

Postby sidersdd » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Anyone know if any of the sets in this batch are TRU exclusives?
sidersdd

Postby MisterFubar » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:03 pm

sidersdd wrote:Anyone know if any of the sets in this batch are TRU exclusives?

I don't believe so, none of the boxes are marked as such.
MisterFubar

Postby ufjason » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:36 pm

All of the Ninja Go sets are on the website as well. I'm too lazy to link them. They appear to be msrp.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby J30spiff » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Checked a couple of TRUs today with zero expectations of finding any of the 2011 sets. One was packed full of SW sets. The other has approx 15 SW sets (not counting the BPs) on the shelf. It wouldn't surprise me if it was fully stocked tomorrow with new sets. This particular TRU had the 2010 sets out a little over a week before Christmas last year.
J30spiff

Postby SDIronClaw » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:05 pm

No new SW sets at the TRU in Victorville, CA. I didnt ask a TRU rep when they planned on putting them out either. Went to the Lego Store in Ontario, with the same luck. Ask a girl who worked there, but she just gave me a deer in the headlights look when I asked her if she knew when the new sets were going to be brought out. On a side note, the store had a quite a few sets on sale due to being damaged. They had about 5 UCS Imperial Shuttles that had pretty minor damage to the boxes. They were selling them for 20% off, which brings the set down to a cool $200. Not a bad deal, unfortunetly I am tapped for the holidays so I was not able to get one...bummer.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Pellaeon » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:45 pm

If the sets are showing up in brick-and-mortar TRU, hopefully they'll show up at Lego Stores soon (like the early TRU release of PQ and Atlantis set prompted Lego to follow suit). I'll drop by my Lego Store today if I get a chance...
Pellaeon

Postby onions » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:22 pm

i think the chicago discovery center already had them. along with ninjago.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Water jedi 17 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 pm

TRU has now raised the prices on all the sets excpet the clone bp.
Mando bp 14.99, V wing 22.99, battle of naboo 26.99, bounty hunter gunship 52.99, jedi shuttle 62.99
sidersdd wrote:Anyone know if any of the sets in this batch are TRU exclusives?

I believe only the Battle of Geonosis is a TRU exclusive
Water jedi 17

Postby ufjason » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:09 pm

I saw the NinjaGo sets at TRU for MSRP yesterday. They were in the cases being put out. The Lego rep saw me with them and said they weren't supposed to be sold till January 1st so I handed them back. I was going to buy one of the smaller sets but I'll just be patient and get these on deep discount in a few months.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby indelible » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:54 pm

SDIronClaw wrote:No new SW sets at the TRU in Victorville, CA. I didnt ask a TRU rep when they planned on putting them out either. Went to the Lego Store in Ontario, with the same luck. Ask a girl who worked there, but she just gave me a deer in the headlights look when I asked her if she knew when the new sets were going to be brought out. On a side note, the store had a quite a few sets on sale due to being damaged. They had about 5 UCS Imperial Shuttles that had pretty minor damage to the boxes. They were selling them for 20% off, which brings the set down to a cool $200. Not a bad deal, unfortunetly I am tapped for the holidays so I was not able to get one...bummer.

UCS imperial shuttle is #10212?
indelible

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:39 pm

indelible wrote:
SDIronClaw wrote:No new SW sets at the TRU in Victorville, CA. I didnt ask a TRU rep when they planned on putting them out either. Went to the Lego Store in Ontario, with the same luck. Ask a girl who worked there, but she just gave me a deer in the headlights look when I asked her if she knew when the new sets were going to be brought out. On a side note, the store had a quite a few sets on sale due to being damaged. They had about 5 UCS Imperial Shuttles that had pretty minor damage to the boxes. They were selling them for 20% off, which brings the set down to a cool $200. Not a bad deal, unfortunetly I am tapped for the holidays so I was not able to get one...bummer.

UCS imperial shuttle is #10212?

Yes.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby popnfresh » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 am

I saw stacks and stack of Lego shipping boxes piled high above the shelves on mine, all of them marked with big "DO NOT DISPLAY UNTIL JAN 1 2011" stickers
popnfresh

Postby ufjason » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:08 am

Even if you could get them down, seems their system refused to ring up the NinjaGo sets. I do recall I price checked the sets at a scanner. Guess it only denies you at the register. Wonder if the star wars sets will have the same issue since you can buy them on their website.
ufjason

Return to Finds/Deals