Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Barnes and noble 30% off coupon + Free shipping

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Barnes and noble 30% off coupon + Free shipping

Postby Darth Maul » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Coupon code: H4W9V7M

Applied to highest item in cart, free shipping for orders over $25

I only tried it on Hagrid's Hut, but it worked for me.
Darth Maul

Re: Barnes and noble 30% off coupon + Free shipping

Postby onions » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:08 am

thanks for the note. it's been posted.

onions
Damp Noodle

Postby turtle1173 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:08 am

This is a great deal. It's unfortunate that they out of most of the good items. The best deal with what they have seems to be the Turbo Clone tank, as that brings the price down to $83.96 before tax and with free shipping. I got this a couple months ago when it was in the $90 range, so that doesn't do me any good. Hopefully some others can benefit from it. The only HP sets left are Hagrid's hut and freeing doby.
turtle1173

Postby lady_bricker » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:29 am

they had a pathetic amt of lego available, then suddenly they had a ton, and now they're back to puny again. maybe they'll restock again before christmas.
lady_bricker

Postby lady_bricker » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:45 pm

and speak of the devil, they appear to have refreshed their lego stock.
lady_bricker

Postby mkoesel » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:53 pm

I wonder what the source of this coupon code is? I applied it to an order last week and just got word today that it was canceled with no further explanation. The item I ordered is currently in stock. I just did a test to see if I could re-order the same item using the same code, and it tells me "! The coupon code you entered has already been redeemed. Please enter another coupon code or select an alternate method of payment".

I would be curious to hear about any successes using this code...
mkoesel

Postby SDIronClaw » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:51 pm

mkoesel wrote:I wonder what the source of this coupon code is? I applied it to an order last week and just got word today that it was canceled with no further explanation. The item I ordered is currently in stock. I just did a test to see if I could re-order the same item using the same code, and it tells me "! The coupon code you entered has already been redeemed. Please enter another coupon code or select an alternate method of payment".

I would be curious to hear about any successes using this code...

I tried practice applying it last week...and it worked fine. Perhaps they canceled it.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby lady_bricker » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:44 pm

it's the kids club code. try joining the kids club under a different email address and/or name and try the code again. everyone gets the same code so you don't have to wait for your code to come by mail, but you may need to enter your kids club number when you order.

edited to add: i've used this code twice online, once for myself and once for my husband, and it worked both times. other people have used it for repeated orders, but ymmv.
lady_bricker

Postby mkoesel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:06 am

Thank you very much, l_b. That explains it. I'll try it again, this time joining the kids club first.
mkoesel

Postby Zeus » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:10 pm

Ugh... I was sitting on a cart for a few days and it was applying the discount. All of a sudden my cart now says the code is not eligible for this order! I didn't change anything so I'm assuming B&N is going through and tightening up their promo rules. Most of the LEGO sets that I look at are marked "Not eligible for any promotions <blah, blah, blah> unless explictly stated."

Can someone else try to put together a cart and add the code to see if it's just me or if they have in fact locked it down? Much appreciated!
Zeus

Postby mkoesel » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:06 am

Yep, my latest attempt to take advantage of this offer looks like it is about to fail as well. They sent me an email today saying that the order was delayed, and this is exactly what happened last time shortly before they canceled it. For what it is worth this time I signed up my son for the kids club so as to have obtained access to the code in a legitimate way.

It seem to me that B&N is flat out being deceptive at this point. Though I admit that I have not gone and read through the terms of the kids club and the 30% off offer. Still, their e-commerce store front does allow the code to be applied to Lego items, or at least it did as of a few days ago - I have not tried again since then. I am wondering if trying the sign-up and purchase in an actual brick and mortal B&N store might yield mroe success.
mkoesel

Postby Bruno » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:51 am

Do you need the yearly $25 B&N membership for this to work?
Bruno

Postby lady_bricker » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:16 am

no -- joining the kids club is free.

after you sign up, you will receive an e-mail a few days later with your coupon + code. you can print out the hard-copy coupon and take it to your local brick & mortar store. my local b&n prices their lego at msrp, so a nice deal on an expensive set.
lady_bricker

Return to Finds/Deals