Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Minifigure Series 3 Spotted At TRU

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Minifigure Series 3 Spotted At TRU

Postby Staff » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:24 am

Collectible Figs Series 3 Dot-code

Fellow LUG member Kelly reports buying Minifigure Series 3 at her local TRU (Los Feliz store in SoCal in case you're wondering). They qualified for the current BOGO sale, 18 packs costed her $45 which works out to... $3 per pack? I thought they were $4 each. In any case, stay diligent and you may get lucky. And don't forget your cheat sheet.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/11/30/minifigure-series-3-spotted-at-tru/
Staff

Re: Minifigure Series 3 Spotted At TRU

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:17 am

Maybe they won't jack up the prices this time. :O Well, if they come out in TRUs, they'll be out in Lego stores soon also.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby ie10421 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:10 am

I was told by a LEGO store manager that they will not be able to sell Series 3 in LEGO stores until January.
ie10421

Postby iewoals » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:39 am

I was told there is a limit of 4 per customer at my store. Very lame. There wasn't a sign they just made it up when I went to go check out. I asked why there wasn't a sign there saying so, and they said oh there should be one there. The most annoying thing is that I waited in line for like 25 minutes to end up getting 4. I wouldn't have even bothered if I knew that.

TRU stinks!
iewoals

Postby that guy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:29 am

At $3 each with the bogo it means they really are charging $4 as the standard pricing. Crazy but TRU ;) . I did however talk to yet another Lego supplier and they did confirm that Lego's wholesale pricing is almost at $2 each so Lego did in fact jack up everyone's cost on S3. While I'd like to say their sales will suffer, I don't think overall sales will see so much as a blip. I do however think that as they raise pricing and increase supply we'll see them last on the market longer and longer (S1 = 3 weeks on S@H, S2 = 3 months, S3 = 6 months or more??). There are even reports of S2 still showing up in retail stores which would indicate that even though S@H sold out weeks ago, their distribution supply is still or at least was still sending out merchandise. As many have speculated, we'll see how long this model lasts or what they do to tweak it as time goes on.

Also, I made a few comments on the other S3 page but my original dot cheat codes (like the one seen above) is still pending some updates. Most of them are correct and or at least close enough and luckily with the way they are laid out you really only need to get close to be pretty accurate.
that guy

Postby onions » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:35 am

that guy wrote:At $3 each with the bogo it means they really are charging $4 as the standard pricing. Crazy but TRU ;) . I did however talk to yet another Lego supplier and they did confirm that Lego's wholesale pricing is almost at $2 each so Lego did in fact jack up everyone's cost on S3. While I'd like to say their sales will suffer, I don't think overall sales will see so much as a blip. I do however think that as they raise pricing and increase supply we'll see them last on the market longer and longer (S1 = 3 weeks on S@H, S2 = 3 months, S3 = 6 months or more??). There are even reports of S2 still showing up in retail stores which would indicate that even though S@H sold out weeks ago, their distribution supply is still or at least was still sending out merchandise. As many have speculated, we'll see how long this model lasts or what they do to tweak it as time goes on.

Also, I made a few comments on the other S3 page but my original dot cheat codes (like the one seen above) is still pending some updates. Most of them are correct and or at least close enough and luckily with the way they are laid out you really only need to get close to be pretty accurate.

actually if my math is correct it's 3 bucks as the standard pricing.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Peyote » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:38 am

Just bought 6 series 3 minifigs at TRU in north Austin. They had two boxes out, and didn't have them yesterday. No buying limit yet....BOGO 1/2 off applied to the purchase.

I got:

Fisherman
Gorilla
Cyborg
Cyborg (for a friend)
Alien
Hula Girl

I wanted two fishermen, one for a friend, but ended up with the gorilla instead. Those two are very hard to distinguish by dots from each other. Both have dots that are very subtle. The others dots are much more pronounced and easier to decipher. I also wanted a Rapper, but ended up with the hula girl, the dot pattern is very similar on those two.

If you are looking for the rare fisherman, find ones that have very subtle dots, then feel for the fishing pole, which is very easy to locate by feel. FYI they were not by the registers as they were with series 2...they were on an endcap in the lego section.
Last edited by Peyote on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peyote

Postby Peyote » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:39 am

that guy wrote:At $3 each with the bogo it means they really are charging $4 as the standard pricing. Crazy but TRU ;) . I did however talk to yet another Lego supplier and they did confirm that Lego's wholesale pricing is almost at $2 each so Lego did in fact jack up everyone's cost on S3. While I'd like to say their sales will suffer, I don't think overall sales will see so much as a blip. I do however think that as they raise pricing and increase supply we'll see them last on the market longer and longer (S1 = 3 weeks on S@H, S2 = 3 months, S3 = 6 months or more??). There are even reports of S2 still showing up in retail stores which would indicate that even though S@H sold out weeks ago, their distribution supply is still or at least was still sending out merchandise. As many have speculated, we'll see how long this model lasts or what they do to tweak it as time goes on.

Yep, I bought 5 S2 figs last night at a grocery store near my home.
Peyote

Postby Chief » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:05 am

My coworker showed up to work today with a few of the figures and reporting that the Toys R Us in Oceanside, CA has them in.
Chief

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Chief wrote:My coworker showed up to work today with a few of the figures and reporting that the Toys R Us in Oceanside, CA has them in.

Totally off topic, but do you work for FBTB as a full-time job?
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Chief » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:16 pm

No, FBTB is just a free-time volunteer gig. My day job is a Model Designer for Legoland Studios. :)
Chief

Postby ufjason » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Can anyone who got them at Tru post the six digit item number?
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Draykov » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:26 pm

onions wrote:actually if my math is correct it's 3 bucks as the standard pricing.

Here's the million dollar question...if they can feel okay with charging me $3 for a single minifig and still have confidence in its ability to sell at that price to the general public, when are they going to move ALL minifig production back to Denmark?
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby mr_joshua » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:38 pm

ufjason wrote:Can anyone who got them at Tru post the six digit item number?

I would also like to request the UPC barcode numbers from a package if someone has the time...the TRU item number would be helpful too.
mr_joshua

Postby PjB » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:18 pm

Oh, so that's why you guys have been complaining about the minifig markup at TRU! They've always been $2.99 at mine (in Wisconsin) and I never thought a one dollar markup was that bad considering some of their other markups. Were/are they four bucks at other TRUs? TRU actually has the lowest markup I've seen. Found the previous two series at Borders for $3.99 and series 2 Shopko (a big box like store like Wal-Mart for those who don't know) for $5.99! I'll gladly pay an extra dollar to be able to know what I'm getting with the bar/bump codes instead of ordering them from shop@home (no Lego stores near me) and risk getting multiples. Good to know Series 3 is getting to TRUs early. I'll be on the lookout!
PjB

Postby that guy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Draykov wrote:
onions wrote:actually if my math is correct it's 3 bucks as the standard pricing.

Here's the million dollar question...if they can feel okay with charging me $3 for a single minifig and still have confidence in its ability to sell at that price to the general public, when are they going to move ALL minifig production back to Denmark?

Probably about the same time Dell stops using India for it's call centers... ;)
that guy

Postby Peyote » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:32 pm

mr_joshua wrote:
ufjason wrote:Can anyone who got them at Tru post the six digit item number?

I would also like to request the UPC barcode numbers from a package if someone has the time...the TRU item number would be helpful too.

The upc number is:

73419 14498

Found the TRU number: 057940
Peyote

Postby MicroJow » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:31 pm

My local TRU has 'em marked at $4.99 each. Luckily, the next-closest TRU still had 'em for $2.99 each. UNluckily, they had a limit of 5 per person (works not so great when they're buy one, get one 1/2 off!)

So I convinced a random family of 5 to help me out and came away with 30. There was no "code checking" involved, we just pulled them randomly from the box and ended up with:

Baseball Player X4
Tennis Player X2
Alien X3
Pilot X3
Sumo Wrestler X3
Samurai X1
Elf X1
Mummy X1
Indian Chief X1
Ape X1
Cyborg X2
Racecar Driver X2
Hula Girl X2
Snowboarder X2
Rapper X2
Fisherman X0

So overall, a great haul! Gotta say, tho, the Hula Girl gets the "close, but no coconut" award. The skirt kinda stinks.

- J
MicroJow

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:34 pm

I hate it when they only put like 1 or 2 of the best ones in one box. Once I went through 3 whole boxes of S2, only to get 3 Spartans...
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Darth Jokar » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:44 pm

This info was fantastic. All i wanted were aliens and thanks to this I was able to get all the aliens I wanted.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Next

Return to Finds/Deals