Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Castle Naval Contingent

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

What do we need in the way of a castle sea-faring contingent?

an entire theme dedicated to Castle factions' naval forces
23%
a large, good guy vessel
38%
a large, bad guy vessel
12%
other (please specify in a reply post)
8%
all of this
19%
none of this

Total votes : 26

Castle Naval Contingent

Postby Draykov » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Castle ships. It's been done before (see below). Some of the more recent "bad guy" boats got me thinking that it's been a while since we've seen a "good guy" faction with the ability to set sail. I got to wondering if anyone else felt similarly, so I created this poll.

1547 Black Knight's Boat

6057 Sea Serpent

1804 Crossbow Boat

6017 King's Oarsmen

6018 Battle Dragon

8821 Rogue Knight Battleship

8801 Knight's Attack Barge

7029 Skeleton Ship Attack

7048 Troll Warship
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: Castle Naval Contingent

Postby Robzula » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:58 pm

I voted "Other" because I can't really say we're "due" for a castle ship big or small, what with Brickbeard's new ship and the Imperial Armada Flagship and the fact that the current line doesn't lend itself entirely well to boats. However, if the chance comes up, they could certainly go for it. Maybe you could sum up my feeling as I don't particularly care whether it comes or not, but would be happy to see it when it happens.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Aharown » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:56 pm

A Byzantine Dromon would be nice.

Or a Hanseatic cog - most castle ships were nothing more than converted merchant ships.

Even some small fishing boats or something like the small boats at the top of your post. Battle Dragon is still my favourite, and one of my earliest castle sets of the few that I have.
<><
Aharown

Postby Tyrant » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:24 pm

I would like to see more ships in the Castle line up. Maybe not a line up of nothing but ships. Probably more like only 1 or 2 in each wave. I like ships of all sizes, but I would really like to see more ships along the lines of the Sea Serpent. Maybe just a little larger. On that scale they can be small cargo ships or small troop transports. Plus they would be cheap enough to acquire in numbers. I like the larger ships like the Troll Warship if they are meant to be ships for battle. Of course, the smaller boats have a level of nostalgia attached. All in all, I would like to see more ships in Castle. As a side note, if we see any more ships with sails it would be nice to continue the trend of having some type of faction symbol on them.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby DemoGoblin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:42 am

The ships are up there with my favorite parts of the castle theme and I have all of those but two. The fantasy ere ones were amazing, I wish I had bought two troll warships. They should re release the sea serpent that was my favorite set as a kid. I havent heard anything about castle 2011 sets, does anyone know if there will be any?
DemoGoblin

Postby bobalego » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:12 am

Byzantine...yes but more specifically we need a whole ancient conquerers line. How about a theme based on the cultures of the Mediterranean Sea. This way we all would be happy! Phoenecian trading ship, Athenian war ship, heck I would be so happy if we finally saw anything Egyptian(Yes we are close to this), Spartan(LEGO is teasing us with this one), Roman, Persian, Roman, Nubian, did I mention Roman?!? It drives me crazy that because Playmobil makes them, LEGO decides not to?!? It may have been answered before but why oh why no Roman line? A Roman ship would be so cool.
Roman ships: Roman Ship Classes Then a theme based on the cultures of Asia would most definitely have to include the many variations of naval ships of these cultures. A Korean turtle ship for one would be cool!
bobalego

Return to Original Themes