Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Gran Turismo 5

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Gran Turismo 5

Postby onions » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:43 am

anyone else getting this?
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: Gran Turismo 5

Postby Morgan19 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:24 am

I'm assuming 5 still has the same hyper-realistic physics and controls of past GTs? I've always been more of an arcade racer (ie, Burnout) but a commercial the other day for GT5 has me interested in seeing if there's a PS3 demo.

m19
Morgan19

Postby Draykov » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:01 am

I played 1-4, but since I don't own a PS3 (and don't plan on getting one), I'm going to have to pass on this one.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Robzula » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:16 pm

I really don't like the realistic racing games... not a fan of other racing games really either, with the exception of cart racers (though they're getting over-saturated and too same-y) and F-Zero, especially the latest one for the Gamecube.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby MisterFubar » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Saw the commercial the other day and that might be what pushes me over the edge to finally get a PS3. Although I doubt I'd play much, except for the occasional PC game or Wii with the family I don't game much anymore.

I think 3 was the last one I played extensively.
MisterFubar

Postby Joedward » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:05 pm

I'll add another no to the responses, as helpful as it is.
But I will say, although I'm more a fan of the arcade type racers, Burnout for instance, GT5 is the first game that's ever made me feel like I wish I'd bought a PS3. It's quite a shame though, most, if not all of my gaming friends have the 360, and as good a game as this looks, and it does look awesome, I doubt I'll get a chance to play it unless a games store I happen to be visiting has it on a playable display console.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby dWhisper » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:41 am

I gave up on Gran Turismo long ago, having last played 3 on the PS3 (and loving it), but getting less interested by the time 4 came around, and then Sony burning up almost all of their credibility with me over the last several years. I have a PS3, but for racing simulation games, I go for Forza. I own 2 and 3 on my 360, and like the feel, car selection, and flavor of the game a lot more than I liked the GT.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to BCS 2.0