Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Donkey Kong Country Returns

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Postby Robzula » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Anyone else playing this game? I gotta say, it's blown my expectations completely away. I've never really liked true platformers (Mario is my least favorite of Nintendo's core series), but DKC has always managed to break that trend and this one actually manages to do it better. It's almost as hard as the original trilogy but without being so frustrating, and the visuals are amazing. There's a minecart level, for example, where DK rides the carts like skateboards across rails that are falling away as the cave around him is exploding... it's just phenomenal. There's also the fact that you can play it either with the Wiimote+Nunchuck combo or with just the Wii remote tilted sideways, much like in Metroid: Other M, and it works perfectly. I'm definitely not against change, but I like the motto "If it aint broke... revisit it on occasion."
Robzula
Staff Writer

Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns

Postby Nerfman2227 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 pm

One of the best games I've ever played on Wii other than something Mario/Zelda related. This came as a big surprise at E3, and even I was iffy about it. But Retro Studios delivered an unforgettable experience.
"You expect me to talk, Goldfinger?"
"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

Nerfman2227

Return to BCS 2.0