Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Half off Tie Defender at TRU specific hours Fri/Sat

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Half off Tie Defender at TRU specific hours Fri/Sat

Postby ufjason » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Regular Price $52.99, toysrus in-store Friday 11/12/2010 3pm-midnight - Saturday 11/13/2010 7am-1pm

eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Re: Half off Tie Defender at TRU specific hours Fri/Sat

Postby warpug » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Sweet! Been waiting a long time for this to go on sale.
warpug

Postby SlickP » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:41 am

Thanks!
SlickP

Postby MisterFubar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:21 am

At that price I just might have to go buy a couple extras.
MisterFubar

Postby vman100 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:24 am

Do you mind if I ask where you saw this? It doesn't appear to be listed on the special ad for this two-day sale, and all the other items in the ad that say they are late Fri/early Sat deals are already on sale online. Are you sure it was this week? Is there some source we can point to to try and get the deal since it's not in the ad?
vman100

Postby vman100 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:30 am

Never mind - I found it - it's listed in the pdf of coupons and special deals for this sale that was e-mailed, but not in the overall flyer. Very strange.
vman100

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:44 am

Great find! Frontpage'd.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby etcknight » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:39 pm

Do you need a coupon? Or, can you just walk in and purchase?
etcknight

Postby Draykov » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:48 pm

I was able to just walk in and purchase. It was crowded as heck for a Friday afternoon, so I guess they've got other deals going on as well. I had $20 worth of Rewards certificates laying around so I really couldn't pass this up. Dirt cheap.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby vman100 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:41 pm

So at our TRU, they had it, but they apparently sell it at $58 normally (love that my local TRU has markup above regular TRU markup!) There was a special sign posted saying half off of $53 price, so $26.50 sale, but when I tried to buy it, it rang up at register as $29. And I was buying three so I could get the free $10 gift card for $75 purchase. They could give me the gift card at the $28 each price, but the system would not allow me to get the gift card at the $26.50 price (even thought it was over $75). After 30 minutes and three managers, I finally got it, but it wasn't easy!
vman100

Postby DarthMC » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Got one at the half off the regular price but I noticed the snowtrooper battlepacks were $16.97!!! They must be preparing for a buy one get one free sale or something. This borders on Borders pricing :lol: but without the %40 off coupons. On the plus side I saw a single week 4 figure at the register and since the defender was over $20.00 they gave it to me. So don't forget to ask about those as some stores may still have them.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby ufjason » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Well, got back from my flight around 5 and headed to the tru nearby. Before I even started shopping, I asked the girl at customer service if they had any bricktober figures left. The lazy mgr said it would be on top of a box underneath the desk. There was nothing there. I went over to the Lego aisle, saw the new storm trooper speeder bike baggies and the defenders. I grabbed three defenders to qualify for the $10 gift card and went back to customer service. They kept trying to send me to another register but I refused. I asked her to look again in all of the drawers and she found four bricktober BFs! She gave me one for each set I bought. I had bought halo reach a few weeks back so I had a $25 dollar gift card to use. So it ended up being $59.27 out of pocket and I've got a $10 gift card to use for the next sale. The new Castle at 84.99 wouldn't be bad with the $15 off 150 coupon I have but I've got to get something else on sale to make it worth it. I love these little out of the blue sales!
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby anakinisvader » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:57 pm

Wonder if Walmart will price match this one? Anyone tried it yet?
anakinisvader

Postby MisterFubar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:07 pm

vman100 wrote: And I was buying three so I could get the free $10 gift card for $75 purchase.

Carp, I knew I was forgetting something. :facepalm:

Oh well, I scored a bunch of the Speeder Bike baggies, might go back for some more tomorrow.
MisterFubar

Postby jwrightgoarmy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:28 am

Scored one last night. I've always eyed this model, but it was way too expensive. $26 is just right!
jwrightgoarmy

Postby MrCRskater » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:42 am

Grrr. . . my only local TRU was sold out! >:(

Inventory said they had two, but the guy couldn't find any in the covered storage shelves in the aisle. None to be found buried behind other sets, either.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Mos_Eisley » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:00 am

I finally picked up a TIE Defender with this deal and this has to be one of the worst box size to actual parts inside ratios in a long time. I'm guessing the shape of the ship made them want to use this huge box, but those parts could probably fit in a box 1/3 of the size and still have plenty of empty space.
Mos_Eisley

Postby etcknight » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Picked up a few after work yesterday. Luckily my local TRU had posted the sign in the wrong place - next to Darth Vader's Tie - so many people weren't picking up this set. Or else, they just had a bunch on the shelves. No left over Bricktober minifigs or Chrome Storm troopers though. Signed up for the Rewards Card and got a 10% bonus, and the store clerk had an extra coupon for the "$10 certificate with $75 purchase", so it totally made it worth it. I also scored a Collectible Minifig 2 Spartan. Sweet! :D
etcknight

Postby mrfootball » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:48 pm

I bought one at Borders using the Rewards discount a while back...it's a great looking Lego model.
mrfootball

Postby MisterFubar » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:06 pm

mrfootball wrote:I bought one at Borders using the Rewards discount a while back...it's a great looking Lego model.

I was happy paying full price for it when it first came out. It really is a great set and was my favorite ship in the old TIE Fighter game. Ok, maybe happy isn't the best word, but I didn't mind paying full price for one of my favorite TIE series.

Glad I was able to snag a couple more at 1/2 price.
MisterFubar

Next

Return to Finds/Deals