Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New LEGO Star Wars III Footage

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

New LEGO Star Wars III Footage

Postby Staff » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:17 pm

LEGO Star Wars III

StarWars.com posted a new "web doc" video for the upcoming LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars game. Traveller's Tales takes what they've learned form past games and improves the next and LEGO Star Wars III is no exception. In Indiana Jones, the gameplay may have seemed stale using the same tried and true methods, but based on this preview alone, it looks like there are enough new elements to keep it feeling fresh. Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars is scheduled for release February 1, 2011.

Thanks to CloneEmperor for the heads up.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/11/12/new-lego-star-wars-iii-footage/
Staff

Re: New LEGO Star Wars III Footage

Postby KarolRabalski » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Nice it's being released on my birthday! :D
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Postby Jargon » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:31 pm

While I'm not that interested in the game, as I haven't really watched the series, I was struck by the way she described these games as their most successful franchise. That's quite an achievement, given the popularity of Star Wars merchandise.
Jargon

Postby anakinskywalker4 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:33 pm

You obviously haven't heard. Warner Bros released the official release and it is coming out on the 18th of february.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=275409
anakinskywalker4

Postby IndyJones » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Funny that they appear to have mostly ditched the creepy minifig faces in favor of movie style looks. Now if only the real LEGO sets will do the same.
IndyJones

Postby Blacknight » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:12 am

Jargon wrote:While I'm not that interested in the game, as I haven't really watched the series, I was struck by the way she described these games as their most successful franchise. That's quite an achievement, given the popularity of Star Wars merchandise.

It's hard to know what she means with that comment. It could mean that Lego Star Wars as a whole (sets + games) are their most successful, or simply that the Lego Star Wars games are the most successful Star Wars games at Lucasarts, which isn't that surprising because most SW video games released in the last decade have been mediocre at best.
Blacknight

Postby bigospedros » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:48 am

This game looks great ... I've played all the previous Lego games and they've all been good fun (perhaps not so much the Batman one), but this one looks to have taken a step up. Bring on February.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby KarolRabalski » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Blacknight wrote:It's hard to know what she means with that comment. It could mean that Lego Star Wars as a whole (sets + games) are their most successful, or simply that the Lego Star Wars games are the most successful Star Wars games at Lucasarts, which isn't that surprising because most SW video games released in the last decade have been mediocre at best.

You just wait until Star Wars: The Old Republic...that game will be the end of all games. Muahahahaahaha, :D
----like spinning plates---------
KarolRabalski

Postby The Brain » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Blacknight wrote:
Jargon wrote:While I'm not that interested in the game, as I haven't really watched the series, I was struck by the way she described these games as their most successful franchise. That's quite an achievement, given the popularity of Star Wars merchandise.

It's hard to know what she means with that comment. It could mean that Lego Star Wars as a whole (sets + games) are their most successful, or simply that the Lego Star Wars games are the most successful Star Wars games at Lucasarts, which isn't that surprising because most SW video games released in the last decade have been mediocre at best.

I think she meant for Tt Games, not Lucasarts.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Robzula » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:36 pm

IndyJones wrote:Funny that they appear to have mostly ditched the creepy minifig faces in favor of movie style looks. Now if only the real LEGO sets will do the same.

They've only changed the eyes, and that's subject to change by the end as it looks like a lot of those animations had some polishing up to do.

I can't wait for this game to come out. I've always loved the LEGO games and this one looks like it's just gonna expand on them tenfold, from the real space missions, to the hundreds of NPCs on screen, to Yoda not being useless...
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Jargon » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:05 pm

The Brain wrote:
Blacknight wrote:

I think she meant for Tt Games, not Lucasarts.

I did a quick Google search. Mary Bihr, the commentator in question, is the VP of sales and marketing at Lucasarts, so I'd say it's in terms of all Star Wars videogames. If so, that's quite an honor, considering the success of games such as Battlefront I and II, The Old Republic I and II, The Force Unleashed I, etc.
Jargon

Postby The Brain » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Perhaps she was speaking on behalf of Tt games? ;)

But if you're right, then LEGO Star Wars's success is indeed very impressive. If nothing else, the games' apparent success should be confirmation enough to doubters that Lucas would continue extending the LSW license indefinitely.

I am looking forward to this game, even though I've only loosely been following seasons two and three of the Clone Wars. It's not that I don't like the show, I just don't really care if I miss the episodes or not. My life is too busy to dedicate to making sure I can watch every episode. This game, however, will likely be a pleasant time-waster once it's released.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Erahtapivar » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:18 pm

I'm pleased to see that the game has some improvements over the last Lego Star Wars game, and I am actually anticipating this game's release. I am not exactly a fan of the Clone Wars series, but I am impressed with the added features and the massive AI(that sea of battle droids was pretty cool), both of which would make this a very nice playing experience. I foresee a lot of wasted weekends and afternoons with this game.
I just need to find a way to gather up the $60 to buy it in February.
"Reality continues to ruin my life."--Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

"College or Bust!" at http://www.odddoodles.webs.com!
Erahtapivar

Return to Star Wars