Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Custom Clone Wars Kama and Pauldrons

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

Custom Clone Wars Kama and Pauldrons

Postby clonefactory » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:47 am

Here are a few items that were/are color test items that I created.

Lego Red

Light Purple (Mace)

Painted details

PS. Glad to be back on the forums :)
clonefactory

Re: Custom Clone Wars Kama and Pauldrons

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Are they painted, dyed, or are you super hardcore and actually recast them?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Gen_Shingar » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Man, if he cast 'em, I sure want some (Plans a trip to his house to find out and/or borrow his) (evil laugh)
"Give me a blaster, I'll give you the world." - Gen. Shingar
Gen_Shingar

Postby clonefactory » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:11 pm

These are all re-casts except for the painted black one. I just did a color test with blue as well and I have yellow and green dyes for later.
clonefactory

Postby Gen_Shingar » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Are you selling these at reasonably low prices?
Gen_Shingar

Postby mmcb » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Gen_Shingar wrote:Are you selling these at reasonably low prices?

I'm sorry, but I find that a bit rude!

CloneFactory has spent alot of time, effort and money in making these. I can assure you that whatever price he is selling them for will be more than fair. High quality customising is a time consuming and expensive process. So asking someone to sell their works for a "reasonably low price" is like saying "I don't give a crap how much work you put into making this stuff, what's the cheapest I can get them for!!"

MMCB
mmcb

Postby Gen_Shingar » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:55 pm

mmcb wrote:
Gen_Shingar wrote:Are you selling these at reasonably low prices?

I'm sorry, but I find that a bit rude!

CloneFactory has spent alot of time, effort and money in making these. I can assure you that whatever price he is selling them for will be more than fair. High quality customising is a time consuming and expensive process. So asking someone to sell their works for a "reasonably low price" is like saying "I don't give a crap how much work you put into making this stuff, what's the cheapest I can get them for!!"

MMCB

No, it's more like saying "Too many people are making things for gross personal profit when a "community" usually works together to expand and share it's creativity with people instead of looking at it as a "make enough to cover your work and materials" people usually see a "How much can I charge for this since I have it and no one else does?""

I do not know CloneFactory, the only time I get a chance to really "LOOK" at people sites is very far and in between, for the most part, when I have seen people selling decals, acc., minifigs, ect, it is usually very expensive, I have seen them sell for $10 plus a piece. I have looked at LEGO's web site and have found I can get a complete minifig (mixing and matching parts that would be needed) for under $2, Decal Paper (If that's your medium) can make quite a few (I can get 8 decal sets per line, and quite a few lines with one piece of printed material), Bottle of Brasso for about $2.

So, no. I was not being rude, nor accusing them of anything, and seeing the detail, certainly not of lack of time and effort.
Gen_Shingar

Return to Custom Minifigs