Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Stay On Target: Toy Story Jeep Found In U.S.

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Stay On Target: Toy Story Jeep Found In U.S.

Postby Staff » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:30 am

Jere Bottgenbach reports finding the polybag 30071 Toy Story Jeep at his local Target store in Salt Lake City, UT for a commanding price of $3.99. He reports finding it at the checkout lane. Time for me to make a trip to Target.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/11/03/stay-on-target-toy-story-jeep-found-in-u-s/
Staff

Re: Stay On Target: Toy Story Jeep Found In U.S.

Postby Dr. Cart » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Just went to my Target in Midlothian, VA. Not only did I find the Toy Story Army Man/Jeep combo, but the X-wing mini from Easter 2010 (I think that is when it was released) and the World Racers Jet Ski polybag (30031).

All 3.99.
Dr. Cart

Postby Robzula » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:12 pm

I went to Target hoping to find this, but then it dawned on me that this is $4 for a small car and one guy, when it's just a couple dollars more for a big(ger) car and 4 guys, and I was glad I didn't find it.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:29 am

Yeah, saw the labels on the shelf for the jeep here and the X-wing mini from last year. Anyone know if there will be any other Star Wars minis during the holidays this season?
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Morgan19 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:55 am

It's not Star Wars, but my Target had oodles upon oodles of 4900 - Fire Helicopter set out at the registers on Monday. Perhaps that's one of the winter minis?

m19
Morgan19

Postby Puddleglum » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:12 am

I sure wish I knew why neither of my local Targets ever have these "checkout lane" sets . . . :(
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby onions » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:07 pm

they also be stashed in the holiday section once the halloween set up is cleared out. i usually search the seasonal area first.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:50 am

I must not be the only person who is unimpressed by this set. I'd rather get another Army Men on Patrol.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Thundarr » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:41 am

Uh...which store in "Salt Lake"? The day after this was originally posted I checked almost all area stores (the ones I didn't check would not be considered "Salt Lake City" as stated above). The stores only had mini X-Wings and Power Boats in Seasonal and the only thing by the registers was the Fire copter. On my hunt, there was one store that had empty $3.99 LEGO hooks by EVERY single register. I suspect someone bought them all up, if that is indeed the store where they were originally found. Could you please provide the DPCI number from the receipt, Jere? Or at least disclose the exact location of the store where they were found? Thanks
Thundarr

Postby legomatt » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:56 pm

'Stay On Target'...

Nice usage of a Star Wars line, there...
legomatt

Postby Solscud007 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:27 am

I found the mini X-wing bu didnt see the Jeep.

Can someone post the DPCI number of the Jeep?
Solscud007

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 pm

I found the X-Wing on Friday at a Super Target in WI in the Christmas seasonal section. It was the only SW option, but there was a World Racers wetbike guy and an empty bin for a lightup Lego keychain. They had the prices mixed up for the X-Wing (supposed to be $3.99) and wetbike (supposed to be $2.99). At Easter the X-Wing was $3.49.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Solscud007 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Really? Check the price again. I got my Xwing for $2.99. I did see the lego keychains. They are $6.99 I believe. Similar to the headlight Lego minifig.
Solscud007

Postby kojitator » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:51 am

I also found the mini X-Wing and wetbike at a local Target. And, the prices were the same as reported ($2.99 for the X-Wing)
kojitator

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:51 am

Solscud007 wrote:Really? Check the price again. I got my Xwing for $2.99. I did see the lego keychains. They are $6.99 I believe. Similar to the headlight Lego minifig.

They rang up at $2.99 but I think the tag is wrong. It says something like 'Lego polybag' for the X-Wing but 'Lego Star Wars' something or other for the World Racers set, which is $3.99. I'm thinking someone swapped the DCPIs around because of the label and because the licensed stuff is usually more than nonlicense.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Puddleglum » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Mandalorian Candidat wrote:They rang up at $2.99 but I think the tag is wrong. It says something like 'Lego polybag' for the X-Wing but 'Lego Star Wars' something or other for the World Racers set, which is $3.99. I'm thinking someone swapped the DCPIs around because of the label and because the licensed stuff is usually more than nonlicense.

Maybe, but $2.99 doesn't sound right at all for a set with a minifig + parts. Boxed impulse sets are $3.99 now and those come with maybe half the amount of ABS as what is used to build that jet skii. Meanwhile, that X-Wing would be pricey at $3.99, 61 parts sounds nice, but it's all clips and bars and 1x1 round stuff.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby onions » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:45 pm

probably just a loss leader to get people in the stores.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:13 pm

My Target had the same price/tag switcheroos listed on the shelf and in the system, confirmed tonight by both a price checker and at checkout... The X-Wing rang up at $2.99 and was listed with some non-SW id, while a City police speedboat thingy rang up at $3.99 and was listed as the X-Wing.

m19
Morgan19

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:10 am

Puddleglum wrote:
Mandalorian Candidat wrote:They rang up at $2.99 but I think the tag is wrong. It says something like 'Lego polybag' for the X-Wing but 'Lego Star Wars' something or other for the World Racers set, which is $3.99. I'm thinking someone swapped the DCPIs around because of the label and because the licensed stuff is usually more than nonlicense.

Maybe, but $2.99 doesn't sound right at all for a set with a minifig + parts. Boxed impulse sets are $3.99 now and those come with maybe half the amount of ABS as what is used to build that jet skii. Meanwhile, that X-Wing would be pricey at $3.99, 61 parts sounds nice, but it's all clips and bars and 1x1 round stuff.

I can't disagree with that, but the MINI X-Wing at Easter was selling for $3.49.

I also saw that besides the World Racer minifig set there's a City boat for $3.99. I want to say it's a police boat but I may have that mixed up with something else. I didn't find any of the TS3 jeeps but did see a few of the Lego gift cards. There's a display by the greeting cards but also one in the back by the Christmas candy and another in the front on the other side of the store from the cards.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Athos » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:03 am

Is there anything special about this set, other than its rariety? What I mean is, are there any rare pieces that come in this set that aren't in the full-sized jeep set? If not, why does anyone care about this one, you can get 4 guys and a lot more green parts for $11.

Steve
Athos

Next

Return to Finds/Deals