Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Passing of a Legend: Dan Jezek

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

The Passing of a Legend: Dan Jezek

Postby Staff » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:28 pm

I just found out that the owner and founder of Bricklink has passed away, Daniel Jezek. Probably one of the greatest assets to the community, it's hard to imagine what the community would be like without Bricklink. No other site has had such a profound impact helping AFOLs and TFOLs alike realize their dreams in LEGO form. My heart is heavy this day.

Bricklink will continue to operate by his surviving family and the existing site administrators will continue in their respective roles. For more information, you can view the Dan Jezek page on Bricklink.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/10/27/the-passing-of-a-legend-dan-jezek/
Staff

Re: The Passing of a Legend: Dan Jezek

Postby that guy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:12 pm

That sucks to say the least, ironically enough I had just toggled over to this site while doing some work on Bricklink. :'(
that guy

Postby Draykov » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Too sad...Dan was a very talented individual who brought a lot to our community.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Andi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:35 pm

That is really sad! My condolences to his family and friends
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby mrfootball » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:07 am

Sorry to hear about his passing. My prayers go out to his family.
mrfootball

Postby Crusader » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:10 am

It never even occurred to me until today, that just one man put together Bricklink. It's such a remarkable and useful site. How sad it is that such a talented guy passed away at such a young age. My prayers go out to him and his family and friends.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby Darth Mitz » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:49 am

Deepest condolences to Dan Jezek's family. God bless
Darth Mitz

Postby Brickplumber » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Very sad. He brought so much to the Lego community. Without Bricklink many MOC's would never be built. I know that I am very thankful for what he has given me and the Lego community with Bricklink. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
Brickplumber

Postby Iare Tosevite » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:06 pm

:( My thoughts to his family.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby Brickshipyard » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Very Sad news :(. He will always be remembered in my heart for being creative and dedicated to our lego passion. Bricklink has no comparison and has allowed myself and many others to expand their imaginations. Thank you Dan for your efforts and legacy. Rest peacefully in the afterlife.
Brickshipyard

Postby ka.lego » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:33 pm

My deepest condolences to Mr. Jezek's family and friends. I saw this when it came out, but haven't really been able to collect my thoughts about it. For what it's worth, I just have to say that his work has definitely been something I've admired and used quite a bit this past year. Every time I do use BrickLink, I think about what a brilliant idea that site is and how it's managed to not just create a marketplace, but also help support a community in a very useful, real way. So I'd like to publicly express my appreciation here for Mr. Jezek's work; he leaves a legacy that I, for one, hold with the deepest regard and respect.

s.
ka.lego

Postby GrayMattR » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:29 pm

I've never bought or sold on Bricklink but it has clearly been a very important piece of the LEGO community. It's sad that such a young person has passed. If you wish to send condolences, you may do so via e-mail to condolences (at) bricklink.com.
GrayMattR

Return to General LEGO Discussions