Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

What Themes Do You Want Made?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Re: What Themes Do You Want Made?

Postby DarkEntity » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:51 am

Battlestar Galactica (new or old) would be excellent, especially based on the work done by MOC builders already, it could be very cool

Stargate...huge range of ships, characters and possibilities.
Thunderbirds
Star Trek
Sherlock Holmes (something like a modern old cross, possibly Steam Punk esque)

:)
DarkEntity

Postby Jinx32 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:54 am

Tron
Lord of the Rings
Dragon Riders (not necessarily of Pern) - castle theme
PotC - pirates theme
Greek Gods

J
Jinx32

Postby Voice of Reason » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:09 am

Thundercats
Voice of Reason

Postby SIMAFOL » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:24 am

I would really like a LOST theme.

If not that then a theme based on the LEGO Rock Band. You could have tour vehicles, a large stage set, roadies, fans, small 'pub' scene, etc.
SIMAFOL

Postby Vegaxe » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:54 am

I can second a Lord of the Rings theme... So many options from the three movies, and with the new one in the works...

Pirates of Carribean is a good idea as well.

Also, maybe Extended Universe Star Wars, and/or Old Republic Star Wars sets.

I like the G1 transformers idea as well, but that would be hard to pull off... mostly if you want them to actually transform.
Vegaxe

Postby Mr. Shiny & New » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:21 am

I like the idea of transformers or transformable vehicles. However I wonder if it wouldn't be too much technic-like (a-la bionicle, hero-factory, etc) and not classic enough.

I also would like to see a theme inspired by LOST. People stranded in the jungle, inexplicable ruins, ancient machinery.

Steampunk would be sweet. Maybe something like the world of Perdido Street Station, which has steampunk and fantasy mixed in.

As for videogames, Half-life and Half-life2 would be pretty awesome. I've always wanted to build the device from the intro to HL which causes the resonance cascade. And who wouldn't love a little Gordon Freeman minifig? With a crowbar, of course. Headcrabs, Vortigaunts, soldiers, black-ops, monsters, sewer trains, the game has it all.
Mr. Shiny & New

Postby mrfootball » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:59 am

The Hobbit / Lord of the Rings theme. Huge appeal, worldwide. New movies coming out. Tons of potential playsets and minifigs. Tolkien and Lego are destined to be a hit!
mrfootball

Postby mrfootball » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:11 am

I'd like Lego to revisit Classic Space and expand upon It like many AFOLs have with their own creations.
mrfootball

Postby hatcher » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:16 am

Western theme (cowboys, Native Americans, Trains, towns, etc)
Ancient Greece/Rome etc
Ships - not just pirate ships, but ships from any time frame, sailing, steam, etc
Dragon based theme, not necessarily humans versus dragons or dragons versus elves/dwarves/whatever.
Victorian era
Stargate related themes
Star Trek
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby schlectus » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:52 am

1. X-Men (already mentioned, sorry, but there's no way I could stop myself...)
2. Invader Zim
3. More monster-y stuff...revisit some of the old Studio models?
My Bricklink store: Pyramid Deliveries
schlectus

Postby orkyd » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:43 am

With all the cry for historical themes they could do a Time Travellers theme (but completely different fro the wacky Time Twisters theme!)
It could include anything from Western and Civil War to Dinosaurs and Romans.
orkyd

Postby Mdgdf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:53 am

I want LEGO Mythology ! Or liscenses like NCIS, James Bond, Avatar... I have a lot of ideas for that !
Mdgdf

Postby slisa51 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:19 am

I would like to see an "Events" series with large sets done like the Creator Tower Bridge and Cafe Corner. Featuring sets like
Football Stadium with Game in Progress
Circus
Nascar Track
Parade with Floats and Balloons
Boat Race
Rodeo

and for more reasonably priced Brick and Mortar store sets, I love the Military themed idea.

Maybe also a line of retailers since the McDonalds, Toys R Us, Maersk, and Vestas sets are huge Hits.
slisa51

Postby CommanderKeller » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:38 am

I like the ancient greece (spartan fleshy figs), structures would be amazing.

However, I would like to see the return of batman and superheros.
-Captain America
-Batman
-Iron Man(really popular theme now)
-Spider-man
-Wolverine(claws from Pop?)

Just some ideas. kids love superheros and I think it would be a great idea.
A wise old man once told me, "Remember kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid and you will never go wrong". Cookies for the reference.
CommanderKeller

Postby Ames_Don/Twilight » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:02 am

Hi guys. I recently joined the forum so that I could post my own opinions on this thread so hear goes...
Well, from the beginning untill now, I've hardly seen video game-licensed Lego products. So what I'm suggesting may some people want in that particular aspect. Games like Halo, Metroid, Metal Gear, House of the Dead, Resident Evil, Left 4 Dead and Castlevania is what I'm suggesting.
Halo and Metroid are both wanted to be made into Lego products because of the more futuristic space theme that somewhat resembles a possible future of the real world like Star Wars but without the "Wars" part. Both of these games provide opportunity for designing new hi-tech Lego weapons, recreate boss battles scenes and new alien monster figures.
The Metal Gear is famed for it's stealthy tactics to complete a mission so this could become the first Spy/Stealth theme for Lego. Next, with the instantly famous Left 4 Dead released, many gamers fell in love with the horror genre(including me because killing zombies and bio-experimented monsters is just to much fun!). Games like House of the Dead, Resident Evil and Left 4 Dead makes great horror themes because many fans feels the lacking of ghost and ghouls to play with(including monsters of course but the most wanted horror Lego figures are Lego Zombies).
Finally, my most favourite game, Castlevania. Castlevania is a well known game for its epicness in every way and very hard difficulty to complete the game. It is a mix of horror, adventure, good vs. evil and heroic in one game. This game gives opportuniy for mythical and legendery creatures to be realeased as Lego figures and revive the building of castles as a set. But the best of all is the building of the inner sections of Dracula's castle as sets! Cursed Clock Tower is the most famed inner section of a castle in the Castlevania series for its rotatiing gears as platforms, full of spikes of death and the most annoying and famous minor enemy of all, the never ending wave of Medusa heads.
I know Lego is a product to focus a little more at children but in most people opinion(including me) that if the product is defined cool and awesome by the older generation and bought, the younger generation will also buy the product because it is considered cool by them(older generation). So that's all for me, I hope I helped provide some sparks of ideas. Oh and btw, do it for the fans!!! ;)
Ames_Don/Twilight

Postby infallible » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:44 am

Brickweiser wrote:For original themes, I think a 1950s era UFOs vs. military theme would be quite swell.

This one got me thinking, so I'm going to piggyback off of it.

I like the idea of aliens, but I'd rather have a theme along the lines of aliens living among us, but in hiding. Sorta like Men in Black, but not really, because while there would be G-men, it's more focused on the aliens. Human face on one side, alien on the other or something, and hidden computers, panels, and alien tech in standard looking cars and buildings. There could be good aliens and bad ones, but it includes a lot of my favorite parts of LEGO. A bit of transformation, some conflict play, neat items to find as you build the sets, and minifig creativity.

I like the licenses, but if we can run free with ideas, then this is the chance to suggest anything! Licenses seem tame in comparison.
infallible

Postby onions » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:20 pm

infallible wrote:
Brickweiser wrote:For original themes, I think a 1950s era UFOs vs. military theme would be quite swell.

This one got me thinking, so I'm going to piggyback off of it.

I like the idea of aliens, but I'd rather have a theme along the lines of aliens living among us, but in hiding. Sorta like Men in Black, but not really, because while there would be G-men, it's more focused on the aliens. Human face on one side, alien on the other or something, and hidden computers, panels, and alien tech in standard looking cars and buildings. There could be good aliens and bad ones, but it includes a lot of my favorite parts of LEGO. A bit of transformation, some conflict play, neat items to find as you build the sets, and minifig creativity.

I like the licenses, but if we can run free with ideas, then this is the chance to suggest anything! Licenses seem tame in comparison.

okay but you do realize your suggestion was taken from a movie right? :-D anyone else see the irony?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Draykov » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:37 pm

mrfootball wrote:I'd like Lego to revisit Classic Space and expand upon It like many AFOLs have with their own creations.

This above all else, absolutely yes...with liberal use of the printed CS logo on minifigs, bricks, slopes, panels and tiles. A few new printed computer slopes and tiles would be welcome. This torso is great...it would seem LEGO has got the printers set up already for mass production of this little gem. Evidence suggests as much since it has continually cropped up in non-space sets in recent years. Use it in a theme and make it in other colors and I will be very pleased. To maximize nostalgic buy-in, use of the blue/gray/trans-yellow color scheme would be good. Conflict play should take a back seat to exploration in this theme. If aliens are the bad guys, Space Police III is closer to the mark than Mars Mission, but something better than both would be welcome...or just take a leaf from the Castle/Kingdoms book and create two human factions with different uniforms/logos.

jansued wrote:What about a Thunderbirds -like Theme?

DarkEntity wrote:Thunderbirds

I'm keen on that..more the "something like it" than an actual Thunderbirds line. I've suggested as much during previous opportunities to chime in in this manner. I would like to see something that's a little less Agents/Alpha Team and a little more like Gatchaman or Thunderbirds...a theme that really manages to make the vehicles the main characters.

Marty on Pg. 3 wrote:... my daughter loves playing dolls houses mainly with the basic bricks as there are really very few of the minifigures. Sets apart from city that she likes playing with, so this got me thinking. What about a true minifigure doll house, based on a family, with the car, boat, caravan etc.

I also have a young daughter and while she's into the brick, I think she could embrace it more if there were a dedicated girls line like Paradisa. I'd financially support a revival of that line or something similar. I've been told we need more girl minifigs.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Rook » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 pm

1. Transformers ®
2. Ancient Empires
3. Zoo Keeper (Not for Duplo >8( ) Kind of like the Adventures meets Dino Attack themes. I think we could use: lion, tiger, zebra, garaffi, deer, racoon, or commonly recognized animals in the Lego theme.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Brickshipyard » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:22 pm

The "elephant in the room", also the lego dreams of many kids and adults alike;

I. HALO - Couple of spartans, of course the Covenant Aliens, the most memorable vehicles, and maybe the flood...

II. Aliens- the 1980s Sci-Fi master piece to be specific, directed by James Cameron. Ripley, the Marines, the vehicles and spaceships, and of course the xenomorphs in all their forms

III. Jurassic Park - sets and characters based on the actual movies, w/o similarity to the Adventure Dinosaur sets already released.

IV. Tron - it could work, if Disney is able to reboot the series, why can't TLC try it? ;)

V. StarCraft - the possibilities of this source are endless, many vehicles, 3 races, and a lot of fun!

VI. Neo Classic Space - tons of new models from these sub themes please!; Blacktron, Futuron, Space Police (based on the original SP 1 only), and maybe M-Tron and Ice Planet

VII. TLC could try the Back to the Future movie theme for some interesting city like creations

VIII. Lego's own version based on civilian and military vehicles of a transforming or mech theme, doesn't have to be from the Transformer's movie at all.

Thanks for reading and let's hope that Star Wars line is about to end, TLC can recapture our imaginations with an unvisited or beloved theme!
Brickshipyard

PreviousNext

Return to General LEGO Discussions