Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

What Themes Do You Want Made?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

What Themes Do You Want Made?

Postby Staff » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:17 pm

LEGO community rep. Steve Witt put out the call yesterday for new theme ideas that you'd like to see in the future. This is a pretty informal fan survey, so go ahead and stop by this thread and drop your suggestion in the hat.

My thanks go out to The Brothers Brick for the tipoff.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/10/13/what-themes-do-you-want-made/
Staff

Re: What Themes Do You Want Made?

Postby Solo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:18 pm

And please, try not to write any novels... I get to compile your suggestions and send them in together, so keep them short and sweet. ;) Also, try too keep your suggestions original and check the thread to see if anyone has suggested one of your ideas before you get a chance... this is so we don't have a hundred people asking for a Halo theme clogging the flow of ideas. Now lets hear em!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Legopolis » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:19 pm

LEGO Doctor Who - please!
Legopolis

Postby Robzula » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:35 pm

This is just original themes, right? Or are they asking for licensed ideas as well\only? In anycase, as I said in the other thread:

Robzula wrote:I want something like the Town line, but in Space. No guns, no bad guys, no conflict, just people (humans AND aliens) trying to make their way in everyday life... in space!
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby banthafodder » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:37 pm

I'd like to see a return of the western theme since I missed out the first time.

Since it seems that they are going to make holiday themed buildings each year (good idea and seems very popular) I would like to see Halloween village buildings made. It would be a great way to re-introduce the monsters from the studio line and give someplace for our zombies to mull around.

An ancient Roman series would also be a great new series with endless possibilities fighting the barbarians.

Also an African safari line with a menagerie of new animals. (I really want the elephant to return)
banthafodder

Postby Solo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Robzula wrote:This is just original themes, right?
My understanding is anything goes. Anything that LEGO would conceivably make at least.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Brickweiser » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:56 pm

For original themes, I think a 1950s era UFOs vs. military theme would be quite swell.
Brickweiser

Postby meeotch » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:29 pm

I'd like to see an original theme of transforming vehicles.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby jd-83 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:36 pm

I would love to see more superheroes, preferably licensed ones like x-men, iron man, etc. I would buy sets/minifigs based on video game properties as well. Mario Kart would make for some interesting vehicle sets, and I would love to see LEGO do the Legend of Zelda, although I'm not too sure how that would work - maybe something like the Castle/Forestmen themes?
jd-83

Postby meeotch » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:38 pm

To add to the Zelda suggestion, an actual Nintendo lisence with at least Mario, Zelda, and Metroid franchises covered.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Starformer40 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:45 pm

My nephew would like to see a Lego Theme of Transformers, based on both Generation 1, and the current designs from the Michael Bay movies.

As for me, I would like to finally see a theme based on Star Trek, original, next generation, deep space nine, voyager. If they can do Star Wars, I don't see why they couldn't do Star Trek.

Tim
Starformer40

Postby jomandybri » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Pirates of the Carribean ;)
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:02 pm

As several comments have already leaned this direction, it seems like a "world history" theme might go over well. Folks have been interested in historical/famous structures in terms of the Architecture line and the whatever-they-call-it line with the Taj Mahal, Tower Bridge, Eiffel Tower, etc., not to mention all those interested in a WWII playset or something. With the announcement of the upcoming Adventurers-Egypt line, at least a couple folks suggested it would be even cooler if it were more realistic, pitting ancient Egyptians against the Romans, or Rome vs. Greece, etc.

So maybe a "World History" theme could offer battlepacks (Romans/Greeks, Allies/Axis, Union/Confederacy, etc.), military vehicles and playsets, vikings, explorer ships and playsets (Magellan, Columbus, Lewis & Clark), samurais, ninjas, the possibilities are endless. Surely LEGO could come up with a certain direction or angle that would make it profitable to both kids and AFOLs.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby fartmouth » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:20 pm

Sherlock Holmes, or something with a techy-steampunk vibe.

Also, LORD OF THE RINGS, pllleeeaaazzz.

Also, a Dinotopia-esque setup. NEED MOAR DINOSAURS. For sure need more dinosaurs. And cave-peoples.
fartmouth

Postby JuanBlase » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:30 pm

SIMPSONS!!!! Absolutely must have!!!
JuanBlase

Postby Braxietel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Doctor Who LEGO. With a rich history and future of content to mine; there's plenty of sets that could be made, and it could work with battle~pack orientated releases and building set releases.
Braxietel

Postby Marty » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:44 pm

The following is my wish list;

1. Doctor Who (Classic. )
2. Battlestar Galacticia (80's)
3. Time Machine (1965 theme or failing that, back to the future!)
4. Hammer house of horror theme.
5. Love to see the old star trek theme.
6. sherlock or theme based on classic novels.
7. theme based on classic rock bands of the 60's 70's and 80's
8. highlander theme.

I think that's enough for now, regards Marty
Marty

Postby dewlanna » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:13 am

funny, I was thinking yesterday about an American Civil War theme. but not the way Lego did in the earlier western-theme with regular blue Northern soldiers. no no, I am thinking about the whole "riff-raff": North and south-themed armies with battle-packs, infantery, cavalry, artillery batteries, headquartes, fortresses, tents, carriages, historical figures, ...
dewlanna

Postby jansued » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:19 am

What about a Thunderbirds -like Theme?

http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Thunder ... allery.htm

Enough vehicles, good vs. bad guys etc.etc.
jansued

Postby combattank » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:30 am

Ancient Greece and Roman Classical Theme

I am somewhat surprised that they haven't done this yet. It feels like they have done the Medieval/Dark Ages theme several times now, but what about the period before it? Some of the big sets in the theme could be the Coliseum and the Pantheon. They could also base sets off of Mythology in addition to history. For example, there could be a Iliad sub-theme with Troy (The city walls of Troy being one of the "castle" type sets) and ancient ships.
combattank

Next

Return to General LEGO Discussions