Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

8043 - Technic Motorized Excavator pulled from S@H

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

8043 - Technic Motorized Excavator pulled from S@H

Postby UOldPirate » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:45 pm

I was just over on Brickset.com and they're reporting that the 8043 is already gone from S@H. Sure enough, the 8043 is no longer listed on S@H with other Technic sets and the Google cache version from earlier today has the "Sorry, item is not available in this country:" message.

Apparently there is some sort of issue with the linear actuators used to raise and lower the boom. Eurobricks members are reporting all sorts of issues from poor performance to burnt out motors. One member emailed Lego and they are obviously aware of the issues and are currently working on design changes for a re-release.

I don't normally buy Technic sets, but I was really looking forward to this set. It's hard not to appreciate the complexity of this beast. If any one else was considering buying the set and can't wait for the re-release, Amazon is already sold out, but you can still grab them from Target.com (~50 left as of posting) and Walmart.com (~25 left as of posting).

http://www.target.com/4567590-LEGO-Technic-Motorized-Excavator/dp/B003F82N0O/
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Technic-Motorized-Excavator/14145846

The reserved me is saying wait until they get the problem fixed and buy the re-release. The impulsive me wants one now in the event Lego can't find a cost effective fix and scraps it. What to do? What to do?
Last edited by UOldPirate on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOldPirate

Re: 8043 - Technic Motorized Excavator pulled from S@H

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Just buy it, chances are good that LEGO will send you the new parts if they come out with a fix.
MisterFubar

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:58 am

As of right now, LEGO is aware of the problem and is working on a solution. According to a independant retailer I know, if you already bought this set, you have two options :

1) Bring it back where you bought it to get a refund
2) Contact Shop At Home by telephone and ask to be put on the list of owners of this set. LEGO will send you the replacement part (or maybe a complete service pack) once they have found the problem and its solution.
Daz Hoo

Postby UOldPirate » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:20 pm

Daz Hoo wrote:As of right now, LEGO is aware of the problem and is working on a solution. According to a independant retailer I know, if you already bought this set, you have two options :

1) Bring it back where you bought it to get a refund
2) Contact Shop At Home by telephone and ask to be put on the list of owners of this set. LEGO will send you the replacement part (or maybe a complete service pack) once they have found the problem and its solution.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I didn't want to wait for the re-release, so I got one from Target before they ran out. Hopefully I'll be able to put this thing together this weekend and see for myself what the deal is. If I have any problems, I guess I'll have to give S@H a call.
UOldPirate

Postby MisterFubar » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:50 am

I got my service pack yesterday. 4 new actuators and a handful of other parts with some instructions.
MisterFubar

Postby popnfresh » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:00 pm

its back
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.as ... cn=57&d=70

and hopefully new and improved
popnfresh

Return to Original Themes