Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Target Clearance - Wal-Mart Soon?

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [USA] Target Clearance - Wal-Mart Soon?

Postby ufjason » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:16 pm

This is the first time I've seen a staggered clearance at Target, though it's not uncommon at Walmart. I stopped by a WM while killing time before a movie and couldn't resist picking up the Endor set for $69. Other items I saw below with pricing.

POP assassin set $7
POP ostrich set $13
POP market set $21
POP quest for time $35
POP alamut $54
family home $40
AAT $35
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby JamesBenjamin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Yeah, my wal-mart clearanced their PoP last week, but didn't have any of the ostrich one left (the one I want like 4 of). The walmart across town has 10 of them, but hasn't clearanced PoP! ARGH! Haha.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby rogerwisco » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:11 pm

I found Construct-A-Zurg for $10.00 and bought 5 of them at my local Walmart yesterday.
rogerwisco

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:50 am

A WM near me had all the Ben10 sets on clearance, as well as the $40 World Racers set (don't remember the number) for $22.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:24 pm

ufjason wrote:Walmart is just a big YMMV when it comes to clearance. They're the total polar opposite of Target. I'm trying to think of something WM has over Target and having a tough time with it.

Availability and general helpfulness of employees, Target.
Cleanliness and orderliness of stores, Target.
Inventory system that helps you find things at other stores, Target.
Clearance that is generally company wide with fixed mark down percentages, Target.
Free shipping from online to B&M stores, WM.
Price adjustments after an item has gone on clearance, WM.

Website dedicated to customers, WM
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Today I found the $10 kindoms set (horse, 3 figs & a cart) for $6 at Walmart, but the other walmart in town didnt have the same sale. They also had some $10-$15 City sets on sale for $6 too, including the 4 fig pack with the bench & traffic signal and the yellow seaplane.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby calvinwashere2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Does anyone know if WM has their clearance items in a separate isle? The few times I've been to WM I never see any sale on sets and also a lot of the items are in complete disarray.
calvinwashere2

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:24 pm

It depends on the Walmart but most of them do have a separate clearance isle. The newer stores that all have the same layout put the clearance isle right between the paint/hardware and seasonal sections.
MisterFubar

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:38 pm

A lot of times, it's back by the garden center entrance where the seasonal stuff is kept. It was that way at the WM in Fairfield. The Vacaville WM has remodeled and I haven't been in there for a few weeks, so I don't know where the clearance is kept now.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

[US] Walmart Clearance Finds

Postby pacific493 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:43 pm

I was browsing my local Wal-Mart (Morrisville, NC) today and found some nice clearance items. It had the Space Police Galactic Enforcer #5974 for $50 and the Kingdoms Prison Carriage Rescue #7949 for $5. I had looked at both before when they were only marked down 75%, but picked up #7949 when it hit 50% off. They had 3 of the 5974 left and probably 10-15 of the 7949.
pacific493

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals