Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

More smilies?

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

More smilies?

Postby Solo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:15 pm

This isn't a suggestion for the staff, it's a suggestion for the members. Someone suggested elsewhere that we expand our brickified emoticon set, and I agree! Plus, Ace told me to as well... so... ;)

Anyways, my suggestion to everyone is to come up with ideas for smilies to add. Ace already said a heart and broken heart, I'm guessing on one of these: :brick: and I know the 18 faces there don't cover ever emotion.

Now, you can describe what it should look like, show a similar gif, or if you're super hardcore you'll create it yourself!

Also, since I completely forgot about these until just now, if anyone has a better look for the laughing :lol: and crying :'( animated ones, by all means share. Those flat out suck.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: More smilies?

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:07 pm

We could use a neutral *_* face, a disgusted face with closed angry eyes and a tongue sticking out, one with hearts that looks like it is in love. It wouldn't hurt to have the lightbulb back. THIS HEAD (the open mouth) needs to be an emoticon. And since this is a LSW site, we need some Star Wars heads, perhaps Vader, Yoda, Pilot Luke with helmet, Han, Chewie, Leia, R2... The existing heads could all be modified, like making the angry face Chewie, the generic smiley the Luke Pilot, The cool sunglasses face be a Stormtrooper, etc...

The laughing one could be a modified XD design (but rotated 90 degrees,) and the crying one, I like this design as a basis.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Joedward » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:51 pm

Is it too much to ask for the emoticon that flips us off?

On BTB there was one that flamethrowed another. How about one that's a x_x but lying on it's side.

Maybe some one will hate me for this, but this is an easy way of showing what we do have... (i.e. people are too lazy too look) Along with the main ones you see when you post; a brick with no pattern, and :x: :down: :left: :right: :up: :!: :?: :idea: :check: :star:
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Jettbacca » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:35 pm

I liked the Big Green one and another good one would be a darth vader one or a 3PO one.
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby Iare Tosevite » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:22 pm

The laughing one can be modded so both top and bottom goes closer together then away, then repeat forever. It would look much better.

How about crossed out X X eyes smiley? For somethings bad or something. :P

Maybe few of most popular star wars minifig heads? This is star wars forum after all. :D
I would go for Han Solo, Luke, Leia, Emperor, and finally Vader. Or maybe just list many characters and people vote by posts with rationale on why forum includes those characters?

I would love to have "more you know" one but seriously I doubt it would be very useful... even if I used it once.
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Postby meeotch » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:03 am

I don't know what is wanted or needed for the forum (being a n00b here) but I will volunteer my skills to make whatever's needed. I'm a multimedia student who's skilled with Photoshop and other programs for creating such things, and if I can toot my own horn a wee tad, I'll say that I'm known on this other forum I frequent as the guy that creates random 'chops and .gifs on the fly for the sake of comedy.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Monkfish » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:29 am

Here's a quick laughing one I made.

Monkfish

Postby dWhisper » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:57 pm

Can you slow down the laughter effect, so it's a bit more pronounced?
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Monkfish » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:47 am

Monkfish

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:35 am

Building off what you've done: Image The teeth were really making it look weird. Yay or nay folks? I'll get to work on some of the other suggestions too.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Jetrooper » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:12 am

No offense Monk, but Solo's is better IMO.
Jetrooper

Postby onions » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:07 am

oh that laughing one is much better
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Monkfish » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:19 pm

Jetrooper wrote:No offense Monk, but Solo's is better IMO.

Starting anything off with "no offense" immediately makes it sound more offensive. :P

I much prefer yours, Don. The teeth were pretty big.
Monkfish

Postby Jetrooper » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Do you see what it would look like if you took a pixel off the teeth?
Jetrooper

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:40 pm

The teeth were a single pixel tall. The minuscule size is part of the challenge here... it's hard to make these buggers look good.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Monkfish » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:51 pm

Solo wrote:The teeth were a single pixel tall. The minuscule size is part of the challenge here... it's hard to make these buggers look good.

Definately, working on a 18X18 pixel canvas sucks. :lol:
Monkfish

Postby Jettbacca » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:25 pm

I like the one without the teeth. Nice Don
In the words of Dr.Evil- "All I want are some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"
Jettbacca

Postby onions » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:12 am

lol one updated :right: :lol:

please, someone make a better crying one
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby meeotch » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:58 am

I bit off of the new laughing one. I had to widen it to 20 pixels, is that not going to work for you?
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Chewie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:06 pm

Monkfish wrote:Image

It's a laughing smiley not a JOKER smiley!
Laugh it up fuzzball!
Chewie

Return to Suggestions