Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Finds!!!

A forum reserved for experienced members 18 or older to buy, sell, or trade LEGO with other members.

Finds!!!

Postby Kaminoan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Hey Guys,

Now that this is B/S/T where do we post FINDS?? Especially since this is 18 and over. I know that some junior finds might not be entirely reliable, but 16 years have cars and find deals. These types of threads have found me some great deals in the past and I really want to make sure where to look. So what is the verdict, where is the home of "Finds"?

Kaminoan
Kaminoan

Re: Finds!!!

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:18 pm

I think people tend to like to report the recent finds in the discussion sections, because that's where they predominantly popped up whenever new sets started hitting shelves. Thoughts?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Eh... I always thought it made sense to keep Finds here rather than the discussion sections since it has to do with buying stuff. Just seemed to go hand and hand with sales, etc.

My vote would be to restore the F to B/S/T/F.

m19
Morgan19

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:08 pm

The call was made to drop the F since anyone can post store reports, but you have to be approved by the guild to post in here to deal with bad traders and people taking advantage of the system.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby onions » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:47 pm

well if only approved traders can post here, then not just anyone can post store finds.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:58 pm

That's uh... that's why he's wondering where it should go now. Jeremy has a better idea of what this plan was I think.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby copyright » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:15 am

To be blunt: the plan on finds is to keep them here, and if an under 18-year-old wants to post, they just can't. Okay, before you all crucify me for that, hear me out:

There are two kinds of "Finds" that are posted here. The first kind is the kind that should be posted to the front page: chain-wide announcements, web site deals, etc. These finds are those that are worth a front-page post because most everyone can benefit from it. That kind of deal should be PM'd to me or emailed to staff to make it to the front page. The second kind is the kind that should be left in the forums: store-specific deals. Hear me out on this: only adults with cars and disposable income can be expected to scour every target in a 50-mi radius to buy clearance LEGO and then report. A kid won't. Kids, especially those under 16 who are too young for a driver's license, don't have much to offer to a find's forum but everything to gain. Since they have nothing to offer, they don't need posting rights--reading rights will suffice.

Where should finds go: here. Why isn't it in the name? Because the staff and I don't need every under 18 year old user crying about no posting rights when they don't have anything to post. Makes sense?

Recap: Post finds here!
Jeremy/Copyright -:- FBTB member since 12 Apr 2002
8 years on FBTB and still a n00b
copyright

Postby copyright » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:09 pm

See the new stickied post in the forums.

One more thing: We need to make sure that this forum, the B/S/T forum, stays clear and open for those who want to trade. That is its purpose. If someone wants to share a deal, that's cool, but I'd rather not see tons of threads going for every "great" clearance find that in truth, doesn't benefit you or me at all.

Because I feel like the question has been adequately answered, I'm going to lock this down for now. If you all feel like you want to continue to discuss this, then PM me and I'd be happy to reopen it.
Jeremy/Copyright -:- FBTB member since 12 Apr 2002
8 years on FBTB and still a n00b
copyright

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade